Orford

a Seaside Town in the county of Suffolk

Bolton Church

Bolton

in the county of Lancashire

Clapper Bridge at Postbridge, Dartmoor, Devon

Postbridge

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "63"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:00 on 26th January 2016

Somdays Ron, it get to be much to "hang in there"...I have no idea what happened in my last glose test this morning...went to 247....so I didn't hang on to yesterday's reading at all. I incrreased my walking to 2/1/2 miles today...it doesn't not look like winter here right now by any means. Everyone is out with their dogs walking.

Weight Watcher's has come through for me this morning, like they have done in the past...bless them....and their magazine greatly helped me with receipes that are legal on my Paleo Diet They have always had the best diet around for years on end....I'd recommend it for anyone...esp the younger ones. You do not have to be "fat" to understand what good nutrition is following their program.  You can't beleive all the things I DID NOT eat this winter over the Holidays...I had some Hanuka cookies and some oatmeal raisin, a few white chocolate macadamine... and fruti cake cause I missed dinner one night...but hardly all the ones I ususally have through Christmas.. I have not gained that much weight when all these others problems came about.  I got my Dr. Appt's mixed up...it's tomarrow morning and Dee Dee sid since I've been goign with her to her appts. that she would meet me out from for my appt....at 7:30 am...and she's an person generally sleeps until noon most the time. It sdi indeed one day at an time, and this is not an good time to be dieting strenlously...it's winter for christ sakes. I didn' t weigh myself this morning, but yesterday I'd lost 4 pounds..... Kind of one day at an time ordeal I guess.Grit your teeth and keep going Shirley. I will feel better after tomarow is over with I hope/think....well anyway.

What happened to James Prescott?....James, you out there anywhere?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:08 on 26th January 2016
Bad vibes today with the spelling in my postings...wonder whose manipulating them. Sorry,... hope you can make it out somewhat....reminds me of the new lauguage computer operators use, where they use phonics instead of regular spelling. You read the words as how they sound instead. I go for now...talk later. Have an good day everyone.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:34 on 26th January 2016
Good Afternoon to all who are araound---nice to have you back NeilSmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 01:23 on 27th January 2016

Good afternoon James..where's Neil at?...here? or in his web site on mediation.

Ok, I talked the doctor to let me go back on metamorfin and didn't get an very ensthusiast response...took my sister in-law.. the nurse with me this morning.  I asked him for this drug and in two months an lipid profile. He's pushing inslin pretty hard in in ways....I said, how about when I'm an really old lady?...cause I've never knowm anyone put on  id that ever gets off it . So to make up for things, they weighed me in 3 pounds more then what I weighed at home, never did an blood glucose test in the office to what it would read either.  Did everything possible to scare me half to death also. Kind of like they MUST have someone on isnluin for some reason.So must be an good girl and really buckle down into this lowering the blood glucose fo rthe next tow months. Other then that to my surpise, cause we always go out to breakfast together...Shari's has an new one, Bistro Breakfast...sauage rounds top with greens and tomaotes and an little cheese and two pieces of like soften biscotti wedges.  For me it fit into my diet "legally". Just got back from walking one mile also with hubby tonight....he's headed on his way to "Scouts".  I fell asleep for an hour nap today on my own also...and tonight is "Curse on Oak Island" to watch...so see ya all later on. Kind of getting bored, anything new going on recently?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:26 on 27th January 2016

What's going on here Shirley?

Where do I start, but one really hot potato is going to come in the shape of floods up in Cumbria area. The people up there have suffered flood after flood after flood and are still at risk. Now they have been told that their Councils can impose extra charges (£15 per year is being suggested by government to be added to their rates bill) to help with flood defences, and that is going to go down like a lead balloon

Why should they be expected to pay? They have likely lost everything, can't get insurance or if they can it's sky high! The government says it will help, but is this their way of helping by making those affected pay even more?

I suggest the residents affected by floods consider doing what others throughout the world are doing, meaning migrate to a dry and safe place. So, residents of the Cumbria area why not migrate to Downing Street claiming we have rights! You will be looked after and probably rehoused.

Any member got any further comment?

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:14 on 27th January 2016
Good Evening--they shouldnt need to have an increase in their council tax --we all know where it should come from dont we.??Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 02:21 on 28th January 2016

Ron, I blame most of the flooding these days on bad construction to begin with...why is it they have to set buildings on the cliff or edge of the water source. You can't but help to know someday the water might rise, and your correct they lose everything with little compensation. Even when your up high...if your not far back enough chance of hilll slides. Those cliff side apartments in Pacficia, California headed down the cliff side into the sea here lately...should of never been built that close ot the cliff where water can undermine the cliff area. WE have already had this spat with them moving up here. Californians have the attitude they have enough money that any things goes and nature is nature..... and she could care less what authority it is they think they have.  Now the folks in New Jersy when they saw the tide surge coming in ran out and took an bulldozer and made an burm/hill in the sand...it was enough to save an couple of cities from the ocean flooding the streets and houses.  I hate to say this but things like they are right now all over. taxes is out the door for most people, They are proposing once again to let the grocery stores sell hard liquor so they can shut down OLCC stores in the state....so they don' t need funding...to save money.

So I decided to walk over to the church, whom my neighbor use to be it's pastor and still is....I asked him if I could walk to his church for excerise...as when I went to the local park last year I was 10 mins away from some lunitic running through the park shooting off his gun....he said no problem..  Then he showed me his pantry...he is feeding 27 families off the church's pantry right now. I went back home and loaded up the macaroni and cheese, instant mashed potatoes/noodles/some puddings and cannned goods and took them back over there, along with some of last year's holloween candy. He looked please to have it.  I got rid of it as I can't eat it.

I picked up my metaformin today..it was $172.08 out of pocket medical expense to me....the original price of it is $3,5557.39....this is an one month subcription.  I hope to have my problem resoved within two months. So I can get off it again. First of all I consider the cost next to highway robbery these days. I is used to lower blood sugar in patients with dangerous high blood sugar.  It works around the clock and takes sugar out of your liver constantly apparently. It's want the person taking it to be monitoring themself constantkly also...and drinking plenty of water.I wonder how that will work if I'm not eating anything with sugar to begin with....but my blood sugar wasn't down last night and I didn't eat anything that that didn't have that much sugar in it....as I use Stevia sweetner. So we see how this goes....it worked well the last time I was on it. Something needs done about high cost prescriptions...I've heard Obama mention it before in his talk. He says it's out of control.

Anyway, I got my walk in for today...and I suggest all city Hall's start looking for way to fund thier own wages these days. Have an market in town where they can sell things like sweatshirts and what ever else they can come up with....cause the people just don' thave it these days. Bankers helped themselves to to much in days prior.

I go for now and try to relax an bit, get my daily log up to par also. I'm back to writing everything I do daily.  Talk to you all later on....cops killed an protestor over in eastern Oregon recently....been on the news most of today.They were claiming only certain people had their"rights".... in how they were living over there. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:24 on 28th January 2016

I dropped my blood Glucose 7 points last night...started taking my Mentaformin. I am hoping besides taking downmy blood sugar, that it can elminate any sugar causing the fungal infection problem also....sooooo...I started out this morning by throwing away an almost entire loaf of moldy bread from not using it over last week.  Last night wehad breakfast pork chops with peach/mago salsa, wee bit of baked chicken strip salad and mushrooms and zuchiini istir fry veggies with red pepper strips...and fresh berry compote for dessert..sweetened in Stevia.  I'm not suffering and for some reason with this lean meat bit, I'm not so hugry dieting either.

It's raining outside. Knew it would...farily good clip at that. Think I'll go wash my hair...I've been regrowing it for some reason here lately...I could use more of the fluff on my head.  It would be nice to find some things to improve my looks this year besides losing the weight. I would much like to get rid of this body allergy also...from the fungal meds. 

So, best get going for now. Have an good day everyone. I'm dragging out my plastic veggie containers I've been saving from the bulk grocery greens and see if they are ready for planting greens here at the house fof Spring.  I have always thought of trying out growing my own micro-greens to add to my salads. Will talk to you later on. Have an good day.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:22 on 29th January 2016

Nice to see more members in the forum in different threads.

Thanks for spending a few minutes of your time to comment in the best England website on the net bar none!

Shirley....are you sure you're on a diet? lol

"Last night we had breakfast pork chops with peach/mago salsa, wee bit of baked chicken strip salad and mushrooms and zuchiini stir fry veggies with red pepper strips...and fresh berry compote for dessert..sweetened in Stevia".

Have a good day members...

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:31 on 29th January 2016

I dont thimk i would mind getting my feet under Shirleys tableWink

Good Afternoon to all wh are looking in---yes Ron a few more posting Smileit would be nice if some of our earlier American friends would join in Smile