Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

In the Botanic Gardens

Ventnor

in the county of Isle of Wight

Blakeney, Norfolk

Blakeney

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Are You Guilty?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:33 on 24th August 2015

The road sign clearly reads "Give way to oncoming vehicles" and probably the majority of us on approach will slow down doing exactly that, we 'Give Way', but what about those coming in the opposite direction, who for some strange reason immediately turn into 'Devil Drivers' in that they are coming through come what may and even accelerate to prove their point, because "I have the right of way".

You can see them increase their speed, it's written all over their faces and on occassions when you do get it wrong for whatever reason you get a barrage of offensive gestures to go with it. What is the matter with us and why do we do this to each other?

Time to get rid of them I say, as they play no part in road safety whatsoever. As for slowing up traffic through a Village as is the case locally, well all it actually does is frustrate drivers and encourage them to take chances.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 11:07 on 24th August 2015
Good point Ron--i have noticed that a lot of drivers ignore the Halt Signs---whether there is no traffic they still tend to go through the sign.--even one way streets-the amount of cyclists that ignore the sign is  ridiculous.Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 22:09 on 24th August 2015

Yes, the other day I switched lanes never knowing there was an car in an" blind spot", and thank God he was smart enough to slow down and let me in the his lane. It thas never mattered what car I've driven, I've had theat problem occasionally...an blind spot in the rear left hand side of the back of the car. In this case, his car was an black small one also. My mother's silver car was like that on rainy days, blended in with the road asphalt perfectly in color...she always drove with her car lights on, day and night so other could see her. I guess the police are upset over other driver's not going over to the other lane in passing them during vehicle stops...we try, but sometimes its hard to do on an two lane road with heavy traffic coming toward you. It is also an recent law that many long time driver's don't know about as of yet, unless someone tells them...they need to post signs in the worst areas. We have so many more drivers out on the road these days...they said the other day most our highways are up to capacity for automobile traffic. I was talking to an bus driver in Boston one time, he says it's an night mare trying to negotiate old time brick historical sites in the city...he was wanting and double decker highway system...one with long haul and commerical trucks and emergency vehicles on the bottom lane and passenger traffic only on the top level of the road....wiht room on the side for pulling over if needed. He felt an system such as this would solve an great number of problems...he should know, he drove them everyday.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:01 on 25th August 2015

We call them 'Motorways' here Shirley with a hard shoulder for breakdowns to pull over, or be pulled over by the Police.

Here it's also an offence to 'hog' a particular lane ie the middle or outside lane when the inside lane is clear. Makes sense, but I don't know of a single driver who has had his collar felt in that situation, so is it working? 

Please login to post to this thread...