Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Cathedral of Canterbury

Canterbury

a Historic City in the county of Kent

From Castlerigg Farm Campsite, looking towards Cat Bells. Lake District

Castlerigg

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Renting Houses

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:43 on 6th April 2015

Renting houses seems to be the thing these days-but is it fair on the people who live nearby--my rear garden is the width of 6 houses and three out of the six are rented out by 3 seperate owners      who have inherited these houses.

They dont bother me but you have to feel sorry for the close neighbours who have lived there for over 50 years+ who have to suffer due to these inconsiderate landlords --any commentsSmile

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:56 on 6th April 2015

It's a sign of the times I think James.

We need social housing throughout the UK and the Government won't, or hasn't built sufficient in number, ever! That in turn creates landlords who are out to make money from the system. The system being it seems, the benefits department of DWP will pay to house anybody, or will they?

Do you know of somebody trying to get a start in life?

And yes, I think we do have to feel sorry for the older folk who are in the situation to which you refer.

A mate of mine (yes I do have some mates James) applied for planning permission in SODC area and got the usual response....sorry, green belt, yet people have built all around him, so in my humble opinion the planners need a good kick up the backside also.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:01 on 15th April 2015

Plenty of views again James, but no comments apart from me, wonder why?

Perhaps people living in rented accommodatioon are very happy?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:34 on 21st April 2015
Brought back just incase members missed it James!
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 08:40 on 21st April 2015
Another one sold near me for renting--i remember a few years ago you couldnt buy one round our waySmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:24 on 9th May 2015

many of the older people over here like to rent if they can afford it, esp where the land-owner takes care of the yard and the house...and he's younger then they are by far age-wise.  It relieves them of house chores to do. a lot of the older set also play apartment  house land lord for free room and board also these days also. They just built huge new  condo's downtown Portland, and guess what they are going to do...provide them with solar powered utlilties...they say should be half the price of electricity...plus they put in water filters on the bathrubs, showers and sinks to catch
gray" water...filter it and use it for flowers and grass areas. That means they won't have to use city water for that either....added expense.  We have two houses in our area that have home owners...that landscapers service their yards weekly. They don'  thave to worry about watering, cutting grass,fertilizing.. raking up leaves, trimming trees and plants and.or planting them either.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:54 on 9th May 2015
Some good points there Shirley, know exactly what you mean.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:15 on 30th May 2015

Yes, I came home from work one day to find the rental house next to me, theywere using my driveway to wash thier car with using my water...if you don't think I wasn't madder then an hornet....they never asked for permission first...and I didn't rally know them anyway...so after that we took off our facet handles and the hose was kept in the garage...but these days I think I would of used an outside camera. When Joe lived next door, one of the service guys came out took some snapshots of him messing with the electrical box on their house.  When land owners don' t keep the houses up to date and painted and cleaned up...it makes property values in the whole area go downward...and you don' t have to have expensive landscaping..just neat and clean and presentable. An high fence can cover up most clutter. But really isn't it more of an hazzard to keep around un-organized. The state likes to move thier people when they get thier apartment houses cluttered up..just so they will keep them cleaned up. They also have periodic inspections to go through also...but they in ways hel[p the renter also...cause if the appliances aren't in working order...they fine them so much money until they are...same thing for working bathrooms. They help the owners also in moving people that are not neat and clean and organized also....without an big hassel over it. An two way thing. City also has regulations of thier own for everyone also. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:39 on 1st July 2015

Talking to a friend on monday whose father died two years ago and left him the house,he decided to rent it out to a young couple who were decent folk-however they split up so he rented again to a single mother in her 40s only to have it trashed -with damage in the region of £5,000.

What sort of people are these who stoop so low to do things like this.

Please login to post to this thread...