Wells

in the county of Somerset

The Pantiles at Royal Tunbridge Wells

Tunbridge Wells

in the county of Kent

Dawlish beach, Devon

Dawlish

a Seaside Town in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:32 on 16th April 2015

Hi to all POEsters...

Just want to let you all know that I am very well, but also very busy with digital innovation. I do of course keep an eye on POE so don't ever feel alone my friends, I am here when you need help.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:46 on 16th April 2015
Good Evening --not many about to-nightSmile

editPosted at 21:48 on 16th April 2015

Good morning everyone...beautiflu day outside so far...hoe to get in an walk later on...Ruth, where have you been?...usually your here when I'm not at times.  I've been working really hard this last wek trying to get the garden done an over withfor this year, and little maintence in it. Got an question for you...concerns an aged old statue over there. Have you ever heard of the "Warkwoth Hermitage...in Northcumblerland?.... It has it's own web site. an little history...

"In the Book of Life, once placed on the high altar of Lindisframe, their names follow immediately after those of the queensand abbesses, before those of the abbots..but in the land of St Adian, and St. Culbert, St. Bartholomew, and St. Henry, the hermitage "the hermitage bided in a rock of stone within the parke of Warwark in honor of the blessed Trynete' is now unique...a likewise posession of the Percy family. (I''l have to find out what the word...possibly trinity?"there appears in the hollowed out rock crypts and naves and statutes...you can see them in the web site....I refer particularly to the man kneeing in an niche in the west wall...an man , clad in apparently skins, the righ hand held up against the face, the elbow resting in the left, in wrapt contemplation of an nimbed lady,recliningrather then recumbent. Between them, close to the piscina, is th ehead of an oxe, bull, or cow..near the lady, the figure of an angel or child."  Heis portrayed on his knees."

I just sent an book back east to an lady, telling her what I've found out about her mysterious "Keeling" family..or proposing possible alternatives for her to look into. Besides someone that runs an boat keel at any way. Reember your recent

"Easter Story" of this year some pages back in this thread?...in mention of another church further south in England....where this man had an wife name Clylla ...that I found to been an welsh story going back further to King Authur days or before. How his wife died and she asked her husband not ot remarryuntil he see's two blossoms with an thorn on her crypt after she died...in childbirthing. 

I suggested that I had read in other data of what was in an church called an "Keeling" an area near the crypt in an nave, which was sometimes the table the crypt was laid on, other times there was an lower ledge in front of the crypt...and it was called the "Keeling" and no doubt in churches it later made for the bar people kneeled on to say prayers. 

If you go to the web site..http://www.fuslier.co.uk/warkworth_northcumberland/warkworth_hermitage.htm (one line) you will see an picture of what I'm talking about.  There are some things that make this interesting...I have no idea who the person is...but for beginners....he is surrounded by the Templar knight building "arches" in thier cathederals they build...they have an exclusive history in starting them. This man is not in an prayer mode, with both hands together...or was this the early way they said prayers?  He almost makes me feel his hand standing up represents an spear....like he's an guard. I find that unusual...as it is though. I can not think of any other purpose for it this way...other then "protection" of the woman in theafter life maybe.  Got any thoughts on this...you people probably have enbraced more stautes in churches over there then we have over here, esp.the royal  burials of olden days. Knowing the early Saints came from the isle of Iona, in Ireland..to this area...and established their church on the Holy Island, near by...much like Avalon was for King Authur....could she have been "Tamar".. said the daughter of Jesus also?...supposedly married to an Celtic King.  From her comes the name "Tara HIll" where all Irish Kings are crowned in Ireland. Thsi indeed is called the "Holy Isle" in this area also. I am well aware of St. Culbertin this area...but some of these other Saints I'll have to look up information on also.  Do you have any thoughts on this since you live over there?  As I said, I told this lady that I felt an "Keeling" could indicate an " crypt guard" like we have guards over the "Unknown" soldier these days. That is what I understand Clylla's hubby had on her crypt after she died, he hired an man to go and see if he found any blossoms on his wife's crypt for 20 years after she died...or even an special craftsman in hewing out rock for the crypts. They were "welsh" and this is part of an handed down in history "Welsh" story. There's an find line between the Celts...and the Romans also at this early age. If so, unless they left more data on this burial...I'd say it was maybe around 400 AD or prior. I wonderif they left an name of who she is that's buried there at the local church. They also mention in this article about this place "George Lancaster"...same as George Planganent?...seems like it..they just made Thomas Lancaster, I guess the same as Duke of Clarence... and mention of an Edward Lancaster....the legacy of our Colonial American" Lawson" family...from this area also. I believe between one  or the other that it's correct myself also, they have it more defined in an legacy chart now. I am also wondering about the name of "Warham"...and my Cardinal William Warham...."ham" usually means an "hamlet"...but "Wark"...I doubt there's an Lark river in the area. I'll have to look it up also. Closest I've found an connection is similier to Christopher Lawnes name came over here in earlyVirginia...as "Wawnes" something town in the area...they say comes from an early name of "woman"...could it be from this woman's grave also?  That is what made me think of an connection with Mary Magdalena..."Tamars" mother, said an "priestess" in her day of an ancient cult....something the Catholic Church wanted destroyed...that she was "equal" to Jesus as an spiritual leader of women possibly. The bull usually is an symbol of 'fertility". I go for now and let you think about it. Nice day outside today.... 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 21:51 on 16th April 2015
The word is "Hope" to get in an walk today...I've gained about 8 pounds over th elast month alone not on the diet daily.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:27 on 17th April 2015

Wow, how do you find the time Shirley? Keep them coming dear friend...

Hi to POEsters, enjoy your day!

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:13 on 17th April 2015

Good Morning to all who are around on this bright day -enjoy it

WOW Shirley --another blockbusterSmile

Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 18:31 on 17th April 2015
Good evening all , another lovely day here
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:49 on 17th April 2015
Good Evening to all who are about---not been too bad here PatSmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:02 on 18th April 2015

Grits an I are discussing this also in another web site...and I'm really thinking, coulld this be Jesus "daughter" buried there. I looked all around in symbols yesterday and it said that when they crossed thier hearts in prayers they used two fingers up in the air...this doesn't have this...could this statue be telling us with the one arm down around his waist...not in prayer...the hand up beside the right side of the face...she is on the right side, the postion of Jesus with his father in heaven...because she IS his daughter. 

I was doing more yard work today and finishing off detail work. Went to the Goodwill and found some outdoorsey type stuff...one's an plate..with "American Cafe, behind an man an woman having an drink...put that on the makeshift eating bar I made, and an bird house in front of some fake orchids outside on an table, and got some more solar lights to stick in the ground so no one goes stomping across my garden with not lights around..and three new chair seats I found on clearance for the patio swing...that turned out nicely also...I put last year's Hawaiian cushions on the chase lounge and one chair beside it. cleaned up the sand box, and raked up the old cameila blooms that had dropped, and I still have an mound to do an plant with some stuff in it.  I decided I woulnd't need the barkdust if I do this mound thingy instead. So I am resting for now. Gritswas amazed at the size of an "book" I sent her I think. She's also feeling betterin getting her $7,000 loan through for an new spectic tank...I still think that sounds like to much money..but it's her money,,and not mine....I'm on city sewer thank heavens.  They claim more an more people are going to toliets off the grid to avoid city fee's...people can't save much these days...prices aren't going down either...and I wonder what makes them think they can force people to come up with money they don't have.  Watch our crime rates go higher as people start stealing stuff because of it all. Hispanics have been doing it for years now any way..to make ends meet from low wages. They were out protesting yesterdayto raise the minium wage. I guess I go now and see if I can find my kitty cats...Ihad peanut butter sandwiches for dinner tonight....laughs...trying to save money and it's not helping my weight go down.  Hubby's getting soup.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:57 on 18th April 2015

Can't beat the Peanut Butter and Marmite on Toast/Sarnies Shirley.

I love the taste of both and it amazes me that so many dislike them, but I think the saying 'you either love it or hate it' is very true. I guess some will be saying 'yuck' as they read this.