Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 12:04 on 26th August 2015
Good Morning to all --just got back from a Knee examination  --200ml fluid drained off and a very nasty injection--lets see if this worksSmile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 14:06 on 27th August 2015

I remember having the same thing done to me as a ten year old James; a b....y huge needle and syringe. The fluid was sucked out at the hospital, my then GP thought the penicillin injection in my backside was doing the trick and gave me another, and then I was back up the hospital to draw the fluid off again. It went on for a few weeks before they joined up the dots to work out that it was the penicillin causing the fluid build up. I live with an allergy re penicillin.

Hi to all POEsters, hope you never have the knee problems that James and I have had to endure

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 21:06 on 27th August 2015

I just got my Furosemide renewed...water retention tablets...I was doing an over the counter one...all it takes for me is temperatures under 90 degrees for the most part, but I have noticed my dehumifier does an great job in it's own in taking out excess water also. First night I plugged it in I lost 2 pounds by morning. Last knee problem I had was tumbling down Mt. Hood on cross country skies...they don[ thave release binders and I've told you abou tthat trip into emergency and having all kinds of tiny cracks in my knee cap..I would think by now they have healed u. They just looked into that by x-ray when they did the bone density test also.

I'm just about done with Christmas presents for my kids and kidlets...weekend before Christmas is an planned trip to the coast for them all, hubby and I might go over just for the day though, plus they got new area carpets in thier house, and I just finished off $500 worth of groceries....should get them trhough the next sevreral months of holiday food help. I'll try to finish delivering it tonight. Kind of like they have an mini-pantry again, which they need before winter sets in anyway. nothing perishable in it all either that needs refrigeration. All can labels are good until 2017. I even threw in two boxes of doggies snacks for the doggies. Cant' forget "Toby" he gives me those longing looks for an meaty snack type  doggie biscuit. But they can make Green Bean Casserole, they can have Decandent Carrot Cake, Ranch potaotes with bacon bits in them, Teryiaki noodles,  Taco Hamburger helper if need be, Beef Strogenoff...all kinds of snacks, puddings...dried fruit, hot chocolate, candy/cookies to bake......Soup...."Dips", bread to make. Canned Ham, to use with Hash Brown potatoes.. Canned Chicken with alfredo noodle mixes...brownies and what not else. She needs the milk, eggs, meat, and fresh veggies. I gave her an lot of sauces, cheese, condiments, some fresh fruit also. Now I don't have to worry should the bad weather come quite so much. 

Sunny day... coming rain they still claim, maybe up to one inch possible...I can hardly wait. I need to go and lay down the grass fertilizer I have left so the rain can soak it into the ground. Talk to you all later on. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 06:52 on 28th August 2015

Did you read that members - Shirley has all but finished her Christmas shopping!

Wow, have you even thought about it yet?

Hi to everybody looking in...

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 12:19 on 28th August 2015
Good Afternoon to all   not forgetting the Oregon SettlersWink
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 21:54 on 28th August 2015

Christmas isn't the same around here since they pretty much got all thier electronics...I did suggest one of them getting into being an Radio Ham Operator,and the other one into Rock Tumbling. Third one needs to think about getting her car driving license if she plans on working later on. Besides theri own computers,tablets, cell phones...they all have theri own ATV's for joy riding also. So it's not like when they were little any more...and I got them thier weekend at the coast also this year. If we get early snows they can always to up to Mt. Hood and Play around an bit also.

No rain so far...still waiting..overcast though. I wanted an old fashioned Roast Beef Dinner...so that's what I'm making, but it's an bi thard to see the meat by the tineI took out the bone and trimmed off the fat...so we hare having meat ravioli soup to start out the meal, with spincah wilted on top and parmesan cheese and french bread...and roast beef with an brown sauce on it, roasted onions and glazed carrots,, mashed potatoes and finishing it off with apple crisp and wee bit of ice cream....then going to take my sister to the grocery store and back to her house.... and after that it suppose to rain all night long. Pitter arond in the garage tomarrow I think. Maybe go look at an Daihia flower field. Read my book, ao have a good weekend everyone...I have that nicce Rost Beef dinner smell in my house righ tnow I'm enjoying....that Sunday family time kind of smell ....if you know what I mean. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:23 on 29th August 2015

I can smell it from here Shirley! lol

Hi to all POEsters...

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:22 on 29th August 2015
Aye it dont half smell good--been a bit busy having a pc clean up -a good job my mate lives nearby took him all of 3 hours its surprising what rubbish you keep on.Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:20 on 31st August 2015
Good Morning to allSmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 14:37 on 31st August 2015

Hi to all POEsters looking in...

Why not comment, add your thoughts for the day?