Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Margate in the evening light. Kent. April 2006

Margate

a Seaside Town in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 11:19 on 22nd August 2015
Good Morning -hope all are well --enjoy the daySmile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 02:18 on 23rd August 2015

Oh, what a day it's been...all the smoke from all the fires in Eastern Oregon came down the Columbia River with the annual east wind for autumn this moring...with smoke so heavy you could barely see any trees two blocks away...it's everywhere and it smells like an "fire" also...lifted enough there's 2 miles visablity. Everyone that could stayed inside today.

I have an need to get this out of my soul also...my dad told me to give my son our old 76 pickup/went with our campers special at one time. My son bought another

lik eit and him and their mechanic at work exchanged parts for the better from the engine to the chasis and everything in it, as the same time they made it four wheel drive. My son got an ofter two weeks ago to trade even across for an 2009 Suburban...and they greatly need the room with their kids getting bigger now. Iknow if was an hard decision for him...,the truck had an legacy of with it of his babyhood and an great family life at the time we had it. It brought back only happy memories just looking at it. He asked each one of us what we'd do, and we told him to exchange it...we know he needs to move on as they say.  I had wanted at one time to fix it up, and paint it an the camper pure white and thought it would make for an classy older look for them both, but I realize it would of taken money that we could easily put down on something else now. It's times like this you wish someone like Clive Cussler could get hsi hands on it an make an classic camper special out of it amoung his classic cars, hes' already done the equal to our trailer out back. So all these memories go through my head right now and I'm an bit sad over them. This is where I bathed my infant son inthe coleman coller fishing along the Deshutes River, this is the unit I drove across country in with my son and sister to meet my hubby in Washingtnd DC.This was barely intiated into the Elks Lodge RV Club before I got an job on weekends and that ended, it raveled from west ocast to east coast twice...and i tnever had over 100,000 miles on it.  We also went ot British Columbia in it and to the Redwoods in California in it. I can not think of anything ever bad going on while we had it.  But I know...tiems change and things move on. At least I havean lot of pictures of it. It was my hubby's Christmas Present, special ordered in 1976...and the camper was new also..total price for both..$9,000.Paid cash for it....took me an year saving the money.  So goes.

Other then that its been an back to school/Christmas day in kid's clothing for me. Two outfits each came to over $250. So I'm in bad need to saving cashlike it can't stop being saved right now.

I bought an book to read....Zecharia Stitchen's "The End Days" for the history it has in it to what data I already have on file. I'm on chapter 2 already, but thinking about going out an seein gthis new car of my son's and giving him some moral support...it was like giving up his childhood and grandpa's wishes. My dad wanted him to have it bcause it was so easy to fix mechanically..and he said without an electronic ignition he didn't need "fancy tools" to self fix it himself. Most new cars that's impossible to do for the most part these days. Talk to you later on...hope this smoke goers away and then some. We never saw the sun today.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:31 on 23rd August 2015

Gone are the days when we could lift an engine out with a rope around our neck Shirley.

I remember doing exactly that with a Ford 100E....a while ago! lol

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:29 on 24th August 2015

Get an little tin,....get an little board,.... put it all together...you got an little Ford!

I saw the whole thing over an year ago as an "vision" while dreaming. This Suburban, it's color, Chris an him checking it out...the whole 9 yards as they say.  Until we left their house. Perhaps an Revelation of an kind for me. I can see it might of been an better deal...., depends on how long it lasts expense free...and in safety for the family..

Still pretty much inside from all the smoke of yesterday...not an town or city as of this morning was listed without unhealthy smoke/air pollution...but there were no winds this morning to bring it down the Columbia River and we actually saw the Sun....and I see it's shadow on the floor now, so they said it might be clearing out by tonight. none to soon in my estimation...I hate staying inside...I was always the one on the go every chance I got you know. I have missed nost my life from being made to stay inside and sit..it's what kiiled my parents atan early age also. Gives us weight problems, and makes us depressed.

I'm about to make an pork chop dinner with cranberry salad and sweet potato and corn on the cob here soon. I'm not to much of an pork fan either except for breakfast. Will be the first corn I've had this summer....I've been reading magazines this morning since we got back...places to visit in Oregon..cross stitch Holloween items to make and Country Sampler with an play on harvest decor, not Holloween. Octoberfest comes up pretty soon also. Stayed up until 3 am last night reading the book Ijust bought also. It says so far in an nutshell..

we have two clocks we are going by...one was man made...the other was zodiactal (astrology) and it goes acording to the annuki that founded ou rplanet..and that through out time we have "cycles" and we mess them up as people.  There was an council of beings that were assigned the seasons andthe weather patterns, and the hearvests, and the rituals. When we do not ahhere to them, or change them, we get chaos....wars...and climate changes out  of season which hampers mother earths abilty to survive. People forget theri religion, their morality, the crops die...they are hungry/rioting/stealing' and what not else. So we need to get back to doing things like our ancestors did in anroutine fashion with our lives, and things might be better. At the head of this all i san power struggle being fought out with others also. I will have to read more about the book later on. I now know why the Catholic Church was so against Mary Magdalene...she has an "Egyptian" high priestess background...the phaorah named "RA" changed his name to "Ra-Amon"...Amen... as it evolved...

and the church was afraid of her " power" if people found out. Each zodiac sign was assinged with special tasks to do in the month they were given back then from Heaven. With specific duties...rituals....it messes things up to not observe them properly.... or not have them at all. You create an "void" in time by their clock They started with the equinoxes for that reason when time is in blaance...and from that laid out their Ley lines...so the power structure on earth would assume it'self normally throughout the year, going from site to another site.. This started in 2160 BCE.,,,the history they left us says that the middle kingdom of Eqypt died at that time. They had to go back an calibrate their timing sequence again to keep moving onward.......With that I go for now....Must have something to it...when I went through an healing one time, Jesus was there holding back the clock so I could get healed..he was prtecting the world for me.I would guess so I could resume my place in space and time again only was...."healed". I go start making dinner now.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:36 on 24th August 2015

They need to do an job on posting and spelling messages to post these days..as something is off sync  badly in that for me. I never use to have this problem and have no reason why I should have it now either.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 22:16 on 24th August 2015

My stomach is botherin me today...maybe thre smoke of the last two days, though I see clouds mingled amoung it right now and not as thick today. It sure did do an number one making trees limb wilted and some trees took to going into autumn and losing their leaves early...we are in sad shape over here at the moment.  School started and it was like an real "rest" for me today...been reeading my book. Pain th ethe ankle form the other day went away also. I see my hubby got his check for Jry Duty in the mail today also. Have an godd day everyone!...should of read Painful

ankle..having computer issues this morning also. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 15:43 on 25th August 2015

Re the Fords Shirley, we knew them as 'Dagenham Dustbins' (they were built in Dagenham). However, I think they have improved somewhat since then, but funny how these names hang on eh?

Hope your stomach feels better soon Shirley.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 16:53 on 25th August 2015
Good Afternoon folks --all had a good day ???Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 01:59 on 26th August 2015

It did Ron, maybe to much taking in the outdoor lawn furniture...we are suppose to be having rain this weekend. it's went down from an soaker to showers though and the last time they said an week of it, it netted .09 inches of rain. I read some on my book last night and listened to Dr. Raredon about the Princeton eggs in mass consciousness experiments....I wonder if it caught the big stock market fall yesterday or not  .I do believe these days that everything ends up an out and out lie or an mistruth of some kind.  Pizza tonight. So I guess I lay down an bit before tonight's doings get started..... Have an good evening everyone.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 11:30 on 26th August 2015

Is Pizza on your diet menu Shirley? lol

Hi to all POEsters...