Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Coast at St Abbs

St Abbs

in the county of Borders

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 01:03 on 10th August 2015
My computer is reading august 9th...yet the post registered on the 9th also...yesterday...must be British time?..long day...feet swelled ...resting..talk later on.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:06 on 10th August 2015
Hi to all POEsters, hope you have a great time whatever you might be doing.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:02 on 10th August 2015
Good Morning to all who are around--have a nice daySmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:04 on 10th August 2015

Good Morning!...nice day and am washing clothes so will take an break from that one...I didn't know school starts so early for the kids this year....Aug. 24th. I'm having an bit of an problem in being an in-between to others car parking problems. Cole..the neighbor's son parked his black car right in front of where my driveway is at..so after 7 days..I walked over to their house and asked it it was "Coles" and where is he at? I thought maybe on vacation. No he's in Spkane working. I said when's he coming back to get his car...she said we don' t know...I said, maybe we could move it up to the dead end area of the street like you usually do...theykind of store and work on cars on the side. She said, we don' thave any keys for it. I said, no problem Davis Lock isn't that far away and perhaps your car insurance will pay forthemn to come out and get it unlocked...so she then says...well its broke down.I noticed it's go tan dent in by the tire area anyway...and it's getting pretty dusty looking.  So I said, you know scholl starts Aug 24th...I don' t know if she had the smarts ot understand there with beat least 6 huge buses trying to turn the cornerwith his car very close to the corner. Even if Mrs. Riley does park thier cars across from thgeir house, they still have two car area to park any otghers behind them. It's just an matter of doing it. SO...here I set upstairs looking out my window with an dusty broken down car almost "framed" by my picture window. Feeling Auntsey in ways that two houses over are complicating things. I am wonderin gif by the time theyget done living theri life they way they want to if it will cause us to have to park out in front of their house. They have no cars parking out in front and maybe this was all started because Mrs Riley got the city involved in not parking in her front of her house. Though Kenny from time to time is two people married withtwo sets of kids now...has an LOT of cars all up and down the street. It's not until they like to take your usual parking area that there are problems.But I am willing to forgo and day of cars...if it's not every day. Mrs Riley for some reason I've noticed also is very concerned about "Coke" fo rsome reason anyway...maybe he rinds her of her own son? I feel Cokle would of been better having parked his car just an bit further away then what he did smack dab in the front of our driveway...I'm sure the bus driver's are good ones, but they will need to really trun the wheel to get their buses around that corner...and it also means thatMrs. Riley had best no have hger customers parked out front...which she usually doesn't...cause when seh parks her car across from Kenny's drive-way...it gives her driveway for her sustomers...she can't do more then two people at an time, and ususally only does one. Problem solved if we were able to push Cole's car up to the dead end street area. Until then I get ot look out at this "framed" dusty black car with an dent near th e wheel on the driver's side.  I think it's time for me to go on vacation myself. Everyone else seems to have the money to do so, fo rme it's always an "over nighter" if that. My cardiologist doesn't want me stressed by daily living. But sometimes it comes to you without the asking. Kenny if he's going to live with his parents needs to have an designated parking place, and otherwise..maybe he should be out an on his own...if he stays in Spokane...he should do something with the car.  Thsi si the reason why houses started getting built with three car garages, Kenny recently built an huge one out back of his house...but he's talking of storing cars in it he doesn't want to drive. he needs it for his kids. She was showing me that he already has them stored in their garage as it is. Never run an "parking" lot of cars in an residential neighborhood is the thing of the day...it just doesn't work...unless you own acreage to have plenty of room.  Other people should not have to buy into an lifestyle they don't want.... any more then those people should not expect to have to do  from others.  There needs to be some common respect and solutions be everyone. I waited 7 days straight before asking about this car.I  don' t think I should have to wait 7 years before it's gone. At least my stuff gets parked out behind, on my own property... and I paid for the entire fence around  around our house and along the Riley's house already, with no help from them...twice half on the other side of me..in one case that was an scam also., .......and by ourselves for the fence out back.  Talkj about Godly persecution...it some to me by leaps and bounds some days. Have an good day!

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:38 on 11th August 2015

Guess what...I woke up and the car is gone...and I feel an nice "void: in intense stress...gone.  Will talk later on...just got back from the docotor, need to go an get some prescriptions.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:29 on 13th August 2015
Good Evening to all who are aboutSmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:23 on 13th August 2015

Good day...yesterday turned out to be globbaly an "killing day" around the world. One of the saddest news items was Whitely Stribers wife (Ann) passed on ...and one of my earthbopper members, her mother died so quickly I think she's trying to get out of the shockwave of it all...went in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. ..she died. See what those meteror showers tend to do...hum, wasn' t it Mark Twain that died when one went over also in history? At 10 pm last night, it was 81 degrees...and I was in an sweat bath, even with the air conditioning running.I'm having an terrible time with my diet theswe days...andI stopped walking the park, for the weird characters there...oen whom they may of caught in another park exposing himself an dgropping the women as they walked by...he also was riding an bike off an on. One reason I took hubby with me the last time walking.

I had my sister here watching "Tiny Nation Home" on cable TV, she doesn't have it as she can't afford it on state assistence. I was explaining to her, you can get an few of them for the cost of an medium priced car these days. For the most part an private built trailer house out of wood...with two lofts on each end one story  higher.  I like it when they put in the oversized windows and the sky lights above one loft bed so you can see the stars at night. Some are self contained units, others aren't.They come up with fantasic ideas to incrrease the useage of limited space also. For instance...out comes an wooden board in the kitchen...from it.... folds out another board that can go to the side and folds out to make an bar seating area for eating or about anything else you need it for, then it folds up...slips inside the third shelf and rolls back into the kitchen cabinet....looks like what we use to call the "bread board" for making fresh bread./sandwhiches/lunches/pizza.

We were told last night on the Art Bell Radio Show, that HAARP was recently sold to an university....could that be the predicted "Chaos" in September thatt's on the web these days...when someone whom doesn't know what they are doing presses the wrong button?...I hope not. Everyone's waiting for "something" but they don't know what it concerns...just leary about what's coming. Some don' tthink we will make it through Septemeber either. Direct hit on earth by an come perhaps if they can't shoot it out of the sky..breaking it up?

Well, hubby isi back early from "Jury Duty" today...must not of needed him, so he's done with it I think for now.. he goes back tomarrow to finish off his job  for another weekend. School buses out all over as they ready for this year's school days to start...get thier routes/stops down to pat on thier schedules. I go for now...I await  the rain showers they have predicticted for all this week that never has materialized as of yet. Today we surpasses all records kept for days over 90 and dryiness.....Talk later on....

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:38 on 14th August 2015

Morning/afternoon to all POEsters, hope your day is good regardless of where you are or what you are doing.

It would be better still if those looking in to read the posts, were to leave a comment or two. Hope to see more activity here in the forum soon.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 17:59 on 14th August 2015

Good morning, maybe they can' t get  in here for some reason Ron...I just tried to post to John L..whom already posted to me and it said "page can't be displayed"so I still got in, eventually...it was timely information people need to know...REd Sunset Park I've mentioned to John L because it's had some pretty shady looking people there recently....I took hubby with me the last time...there was this guy riding an bycycle that kind of hangs around the lady walkers, no one in particular though,...smiling and freindly like...which the regulars there usually are anyway. John L just saw what I did in the news locally...they picked up some guy on an bycycle exposing himself to women and trying to grope them in  the park, he got arrested...another part though....but last night four gun shots were fired and an guy injured at Red Sunset Park,  the guy shot went to the hosptial, they never located the gunman. I had just mentioned to John L that I haven't been there for an couple of weeks because of the heat outside and swelling feet. One reason my diet has gone down the tube recently, went to the doctor though and have an new bunch of prescriptsion replacements to the others...saveme some money. I bought my first Christmas Present of the year last night for the Sarah and the kid's house...slightly over $300 in replacement area carpets...they are old enough now to be replaced...I'll be doing mine coming up next. I told her if she was going back to her school bus job that "let's do it now" while your off work. Hope to go out there later and see it. I have my grandson here with me and his doggie...and baking him an apple pie to take home with him. We still havent' had an drop of rain from an week of saying rain showers off and on all wekk long..maybe today...but it's not looking like it righ tnow, and we could really use it...for one thing it keeps the streets cleanedof arrogant people. People tend ot calm down when it rains.  So I go now...I'm still up in wieght but about four pounds from weeks ago when all the hot temperatures started in.I sigh* at seeing the sun come out these days. I talk later on..have an good day. Your web site is the only one that MaAcfee has posted that the site has been "compromised" whatever that means. But somedays I can' t post..... like today in earthboppin either.  For John L and I we need to leet others know of danger possibly also...same for Grits..who is John's lady freind for an year now...she's getting an relative moved in with her after having been given court papers to do so. He says he's glad he didn't do it when she suggested he move in with her many years ago with his RV unit.  He said he liked his freedom.  A lot of people say that these days.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:27 on 15th August 2015

Morning to anybody who is about and thanks Shirley for keeping the forum going with some interesting posts, well done!

Hi to all POEsters...