Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Church of St Mary the Virgin at South Baddesley, Hampshire.

South Baddesley

in the county of Hampshire

Wells Cathedral, Wells, Somerset

Wells

in the county of Somerset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:21 on 4th April 2015
Good afternoon everyone. I'm just getting a few things ready for our short visit to the Lakes on Monday. We went on the 4th April a couple of years ago, I think it was 2013, and we couldn't get to the Roman Fort. Hardknot Pass was under about 3 feet of snow, and The Struggle was a right old struggle, covered in snow and ice. Hopefully this year we will be snow free, looking at the forecast it's not looking too bad at the moment. Fingers crossed Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 18:35 on 4th April 2015

I remember you pictures quite well. When I went same year a few weeks after you there was still pocket of snow on the very high ground, plus walking 'off path' on the fells was very wet underfoot due to the melt waters coming down from the hills

Don't think it will be quite so bad this year, although do think there is still some snow on the high ground, but not a lot

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:38 on 4th April 2015

As long as it's not as deep as it was in 2013, I'm determined to get to that fort this time. We had a flurry of the white stuff here yesterday, but that's normal around here at this time of year. I suppose Spring will come when it's good and ready.

Could be a lot worse elsewhere I suppose.

Edited for my iffy spelling Smile 

Edited by: rustyruth at:4th April 2015 18:39
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 20:15 on 4th April 2015
Weather forecast doesn't look too bad ahead, depending which site you look at, not much in the way of rain early on in the week but neither showing much sun. But of course this wonderful area has a climate all of its own, so who knows what you might have to endure. If it gets windy I can assure it will be pretty wild up at Hardnott !! And should it start snowing while you are up there ...GET OUT QUICK ! ! ! !
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:23 on 4th April 2015

Don't worry Dave, the first sign of snow up Hardknott and we'll be out of there sharpish, as much as I love Roman History I have no desire to become part of it. I know just how bleak it is up there from last time we attempted to get through the snow drifts, eventually the road closed and along with others we turned back. Better safe than sorry, there's always another time.

BBC weather forecast is looking OK, light cloud, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, but like here it has its own climate so we'll go prepared. I think the snow shovel is still in the car boot, might just leave it there Smile 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:24 on 5th April 2015
You want to discuss the weather, use the weather thread!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:25 on 5th April 2015
Hello to all POEsters wherever you are, I do hope you enjoy your day whatever you get up to.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 12:32 on 5th April 2015
Good Afternoon --back home after a weekend away so glad to be home.--have i missed owt.Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 16:28 on 5th April 2015

Good morning..it's Easter here...I made some fresh fruit, raisin toast, scrambled eggs with ham, and sausage for breakfast, with coffiee....and I've got an lot more cooking to do yet before dinner today...but every chance I get...I run out to seehow the flowers are coming out in full bloom. It's not raining like they said it would be though...and someone's passing out plastic eggs in downtown Portland with enough money in them to buy your breakfast this morning. So I know that it's past Easter where your at, but was thinking of you...enjoy your little jaunts about the countryside today...some lady in the magazine I have really went all out this year and she wallpapered in her house an wall of bunny rabbit profiles in brown on an beige background....that's gotta be decorating in grand  style. Very impressive entry way with alll the prtty and bright flowers on an table next to it...an fake bunnny rabbits. I took my  decorated cupckes out to the kids yesterday. Talk  later...got some deviled eggs to make... and an few salads. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:56 on 6th April 2015
Good Morning to all who are around --enjoy the daySmile