Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Marle Place Gardens, Brenchley, Kent - TN12 7HS

Brenchley

in the county of Kent

So calm

Watendlath

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:05 on 28th May 2015
Good Evening to all who are aboutSmile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 21:53 on 28th May 2015

Hum...sometimes my task of the day is more like "Tisk Tisk, Tisk"....well, everyone's talking in earthboppin about the 9.8 quake supposedly predicted for tomarrow for Los Angelas to San Francsico. For the most part highly unlikely and if so, hardly any quake that high an magnitude...at most 6 or 7 ...but it would do plenty of damage anyway...this weekend is the mega movie disaster though for Los Angelas, called  "San Andres".  Last time I saw the "trailer" on it they showed the Queen Mary incoming through downtown in about an 200 foot high ocean wave..or bigger. Makes you want to say...Wow...Oh my God...and other such stuff. Though as bad as it is, I guess if I have to watch something scarey better it then some of the blood letting going on in zombies and what else they can find out there in movie land.

I go out here pretty soon to plant green beans and squash for the third time. Along with my bottle of slug and snail bait. I've been planting this morning more petunia's, and those critters eat them like crazy if I don' t lay something down.I picked me up some Jalapeno peppers also...just to see if they'd take off running.  Oh mama mia she's an hot one to nibble on guys!...Smiles*

So break time is  over for right now I guess...neighbors are all busy today, MIke next door is weed wacking..his wife just had an client drive in (hair dresser)...Randy and Joyce are working on the last of the deck around thier big pool, she said she was making it slightly bigger to accomodate their BBQ....Elizabeth was out with an tree trimmer, discussing what she wanted done....people going back and forth..hither and beyond.  Walkers and runners...and today is garbage day. When we first moved here, they had to pick it up by hand...now they drive up to the dumpster and two claw like things come out and picks it up to dump it...and it's an good thing...cause our throwing away here lately has made them nearly impossible to push to the curb let alone pick up. I was up early working in the garden....and took time for some choclate chip cookies and coffee...so time to get back to it I guess...Sunny day and great weather to be up and about and out. Have an good one everyone!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:23 on 29th May 2015

Hope earthboppin are very wrong Shirley!!

Me? Well my earthquake is over, I lost 10 pounds in weight over the past 3/4 days and don't want anymore of that!

I'm back to normal dear friends...

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 09:10 on 29th May 2015

US Geological Survey reports via Sky News a few minutes ago that 6.9 quake has hit Alaska.

For more US 'quake' infoprmation see http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3057897/The-Big-One-coming-sooner-think-Geological-Survey-warns-risk-magnitude-8-larger-earthquake-California-increased-dramatically.html

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:14 on 29th May 2015
Good Morning to all -have a nice daySmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:55 on 29th May 2015

Yes... they had an 6.9 up in one of the Alaskan Islands...they are now chemtrailing here massively...which takes the chances of having an quake down dramatically...it pulls the electricity in the air and gravity higher. Rain comes in by Sunday night...Saturday night is the Starlight Parade downtown Portland for the Rose parade. So don't think we really need any earthquakes right now.

Now tell you what people don' like about windows 8...it is "to" responsive...ad half the time it's bouncing all over the place to other things. When I play my microsoft Solitare game...if I go to quickly...it goes back to my home page constantly....throws my concentration off in doing so...I use this get to excerise my eyes most the time.  Not necessarily play the game for competion only. It's bouncing around right now.

I went clothes shopping this morning,(graduations come next week for the kids) but have some plants to plants also to finish things off for the weekend and the yard...tell the truth, I'm highly tired at the moment also. So am not  pushing myself exactly either. Hazy day now, suppose to get up to 85 degrees today....then cool back down to 67 by Monday...this instant up and down wears an person out I think. But I go for now, so have an good day everyone. There goes our neighborhood baby sitter....three in an stroller and four more on bikes. I was talking to her one time, she tells me she lets them play early and around noon they take an walk, go back have thier lunch and get laid down for the afternoon nap...from 3 pm..snack time and  they are allowed to watch cartoons/movie/or play inside the house quietly until mom or dad comes for them.  She had her helper with her this morning ...one goes slightly ahead of the other and the kids are not allow to fall behind, or get ahead of them. What an job as none of them are in school as of yet...to young. Talk later on.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:40 on 30th May 2015

I was looking through your picture pages....if I can ever find some time, I have an
"old" picture book of England with photo's in it I was going to try to see if I could get them in here....probably wouldn't hurt to have the "now times" next to them. Most of those pictures are in black and white.

We took down the tent today from last weekend's BBQ...and my little setting room out front is back into order again. I have one more canopy to take down but it can wait until after the rain session they say is coming up. If the Starlight parade is Saturday night then the Grand Foral Parade must be next Saturday after. Somewhere in-between come the ships. And of course througout is graduation for the kids...so next week around these parts everyone's going to be busy I have an funny feeling. I missed the downtown fireworks last Friday night...but there's always July 4th I guess. Then there's  that Peach Ice Cream receipe I have that's so yummy, you don' t need an ice cream freezer to make it..but you do an blender/food processor..I've seen bee's out this week and they and I are generally "friends" and I don' t mind sharing my yard..esp to the little worker bees...they seldom bother. It's been an long day so far...so I guess I should get going for now.  

Ron, in my new email today..I got asked by the Federal Government if I would give them permission to go through my emails...hum. Maybe they are getting serious about that "hacker"?  I go for now.  

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:17 on 30th May 2015

Shirley says>>>Ron, in my new email today..I got asked by the Federal Government if I would give them permission to go through my emails...hum. Maybe they are getting serious about that "hacker"?

You mean they wrote yo you personally Shirley? Or is this a scammer after your details? Be careful, because I would think that if the US Government wanted to see your emails they would see them regardless of your opinion. Take care, make sure it's not another scam as I suggest above!

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 10:00 on 30th May 2015
Good Morning on this bright  day --getting all my jobs done then its 6 hours of Rugby League on TV --enjoy your daySmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:56 on 31st May 2015
Hi to all POEsters, trust you are all well?