Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Nell Of Old Drury

Westminster

in the county of Greater London

Minterne House and Gardens

Minterne Magna

in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:39 on 23rd May 2015

Hope I didn't freeze the web site..half way through this post I heard some thunder coming out of the sky...and off everything went.  

I'm doing my beef spareribs but does it ever smell garlicky in my kitchesn despite the tomato BBQ sauce I made up to go over the beer marinate. Ok, this time I leave on my own and hope to get some restful sleep tonight. Have an good weekend everyone!

How's Pat, John and the rest of POE doing?...and James also. He comes in but doesn't say to much...other then hi and goodbye. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:46 on 23rd May 2015

Good Morning to all who are awake --have a nice daySmile

Hi Shirley glad to see that you are concerned about me -i am around most of the time Shirley and always read your posts --keep em acomin

Patrick Hogan
Patrick Hogan
Posted at 13:14 on 23rd May 2015
On 23rd May 2015 05:39, sk lawson wrote:

How's Pat,

Hi Shirley,

I have just sent you a PM...........

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 09:07 on 24th May 2015

Good morning/afternoon to all POEsters wherever you are.

Have a great day dear friends...

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:57 on 24th May 2015
Good Morning to all --enjoy the daySmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:03 on 24th May 2015

Good morning, everything is about ready as it can get ready...don't know how many people will show up, lots of them out camping and visiting relatives.  But here's the here's the menu...BBQ  Beef Spareribs, Fried Chicken, Hot dogs,  Potato Salad and another potato dish the neighbor's bringing, steamed mixed veggies...7 layer salad..an meal of it's own... Green bean., red onion, with an Baslamic dressing and Parmesan cheese sliced on topped, , Slow cooker Hickory Beans,  fresh fruit bowl, cheesy onion bread, dinner rolls, Birthday cake...ice cream cups and assorted munchies/chips/cookies, fresh fruit... iced lemonaide, Iced Peach tea, soda pop...Mt. Dew/Root beer/Coke and Surgar Free Cherry koolaide/beer for the guys. Right now it's break time for me...before I start heating things up.

News, first there's Texas up through central US...11 inches of rain in 24 hours, they are facing disasterous flash flooding going on. Get an load of what they are showing on the Weather Channel where this car gets swept off the road, backwards and into water and down an turbulant raging swollen stream or river...starts out floating and and shortly the whole car turns over,,,head down...car lights still on, I wonder if the guy drowned as we watched on TV...people lined the river following the car in case they could rescue the driver...but even that would of been risky in this water...I tell myself...why did they ever think they could get away with it in the first place?  It's takes only 2 inches of water to sweep an car off the road..here it's was bareeling along about 6 feet high. theres an Lake in Texas...the flood gates are opened full ways also ,and flooding going on there in town...possible down river. San Antonio, having problems...glad our nephew is ove rin England right now, that's wherehe was stationed with the Air Force. Going through the central US now, where both our relatives live back east with Thunderstorms and heavy rains. Most the nation will see Memorial Day as rainy weather.

I plugged into my computer...first night...35 upgrades, day two 30 upgrades, now they are asking me to change my passwords over again. This one is going to take time to figure out how to run it. It has an program to go to to figure it all out also. I need to get my fox-fire back also as an second icon. I got the flasher to take out my old bookmarks with I wanted to keep. Gonna take soem time on itall I think beefore I can hand it over to the grandson. Starting today the weather gets better...by late next week we can get the air-conditioner running as it's going into the mid to high 80's. I have an lot of gardening to catch up on, and this latest rain took out an lot of my baby fruiting trees. My yard is really look half dead this year for some reason...I will miss the wonderful Raspberries that weso enjoyed last year....why those vines look dead I have no idea. But...for now Ibetter see about getting some more ice before everyone shows up....Have an Good day.   

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:27 on 24th May 2015

Shirley says>>>But here's the here's the menu...BBQ  Beef Spareribs, Fried Chicken, Hot dogs,  Potato Salad and another potato dish the neighbor's bringing, steamed mixed veggies...7 layer salad..an meal of it's own... Green bean., red onion, with an Baslamic dressing and Parmesan cheese sliced on topped, , Slow cooker Hickory Beans,  fresh fruit bowl, cheesy onion bread, dinner rolls, Birthday cake...ice cream cups and assorted munchies/chips/cookies, fresh fruit... iced lemonaide, Iced Peach tea, soda pop...Mt. Dew/Root beer/Coke and Sugar Free Cherry koolaide/beer for the guys.

I'm on the way over Shilrey! lol

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:50 on 24th May 2015
They dont half eat well over thereSmile---evening Ron you ok??
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:30 on 25th May 2015

Evening James........Morning/afternoon soon, but yes all okay here thank you. Trust you and yours are okay too?

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are...

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:36 on 25th May 2015

Good Morning to all  have a nice day

Yes Ron all ok over here--off into town later on got a free daySmile