Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Dead Mans Locker

Portreath

a Seaside Town in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:58 on 18th April 2015
Good Morning to all who are around--have a nice daySmile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 18:56 on 18th April 2015

Good evening everyone, another nice but chilly day.

have agood weekend 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:54 on 19th April 2015

What are  sarnies Ron, if you tell me sardines...oh Yuck!....sorry. Well, we both put in an good 6 hours or better today outside in the yard, he did over the lawn and cleaned out the pond and started it up for this year...while I planted some more, laid down potting soil and planted zuchini, both yellow and green seeds...and some carrots around the outside edge. I finished my day by shopping and he took an bath while I was gone, I bought dinner more or less tonight...put it on an plate an feel like resting. It was an absoutley gorgeous day otuside, despite the news we have the rememants of an Chinese sand storm going over. Was looking over that one in earthboppin.net While... I was talking to Leslie over there, my weatherbug issued an alert for New York City,,,bad weather probably...she's still fighting snow up above Denver, Colorado. But it don' t make to much difference as she's got an year around greenhouse she does her gardening in with solar panels and an woodstove...facing south in an wall of glass. She grows everything, but she said she was getting ready to set up her tube ground green house for an earlier start on tomatoes. I'll probably wait that off and just buy some potted patio ones. I do have three small plants planted though, but the's really have to be growing to get much out of them I agree with my neighbor though...there's nothing like regular garden tomato for the fresh taste. When I have some big ones, I ususally try to take her up some of them cause I know she likes them. She's past her gardening age now..I think she said soemthing about mid or late 80's now.. None of our kids will do these things.. garden....they have no idea what the" real stuff" untainted stuff tastes like, I think everryone was out shopping in the Garden areas today also. I scooted around planting new starts and I could see my cats playing with each other and me also in the tullie bushes so as to say, jumping out to "sacre me"  type stuff.... then running the other way like crazy....they are both knocked out in the other room sleeping soundly...and to think there's another nice day tomarrow. I guess I should go take my bath for tonight, but might just rest an bit first. Go party for me..I sure in the heck don't have the energy tonight. Talk later on.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 07:38 on 19th April 2015

Good Morning to all who are around --have a nice daySmile

Shirley--sarnies is a slang word for sandwiches depending which area you come from--round our way we call them "butties"Smile

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:10 on 19th April 2015

Hi to all POEsters and thank you James for letting Shirley know what I was referring to re 'sarnies'. So there you go Shirley Sarnies, Butties...what do you call them?

It proves once again that you can learn something new from POE every day!

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 01:49 on 20th April 2015

I think "Sammies" Ron, not sure exactly....but they are interesting to make...take an cheese sandwhich for instance...right.....all kids will eat an grilled cheese sandwhich...but they got certain rules you have to abide by cooking them...for my son it was always double cheese, and he'd check to make sure there was double cheese...but was watching my neice make her son an cheese  sandwhich while she was talking to me,.... she picked it up...put it on the plate, blew on it..walked over  and put it in the freezer...took it out...gave it to her son and I said..What's that all about?...she said...he's afraid he'll burn himself if it's to hot...I'd never give it to him to hot..but he insists I have to cool it down before he'll eat it....Oh, I see now.   So like I was up there another time...and was making cupcakes for the kids, and frosted them as I was listening to little Sarah tell me about these mean girls in school and how they wouldn't include another  little girl to play with...she was mad..I mean really mad as an hormet too...and I thought " so little"...this was pre-school she was in at the time, so there's michelle in her wheel chair, and had to tell her to stuck out her thumb...so she did... so I touched the top of the cupcakes with her thumb and had little Sarah fill in with "sprinkles"....and I agreed completely those other kids were really "mean" and she shouldn't play with them...we had cupcakes after dinner. I wasn' t at little league practice...because I was at home making the whole team an parents also small sandwhiches for after the game...using little crossants...I made about 60 0f them that day, wrapped th em individually..grabbed the big bags of chips and off I went to deliver them. They already had the lemonaide there and the brownies. The opposing team sit there an drooled watching us as if they'd wish someone thought of doing that also for their team.  Huuby an I use to have Friday night "Taco bell" contests on whom could eat the hottest taco...we just kept adding the hot sauce until we couldn't take it no more. Beleive me, by the time your  tongueis Numb... in pain, you like the cold beer afterwards. Only in the summer, only on Friday nights, once an month. No wrapping them in soft tacos, this stuff was in the corn tortilla's and they would often break the shell as you ate....full robust.... and "firey" flavored. Well, another weekend gone. Back to doing something tomarrow...always something to do.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:27 on 20th April 2015

Yeah, seems you always have plenty to do Shirley; thanks for the explanation, but 'Sammies' are you sure?

Hi to POEsters...

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:35 on 20th April 2015
Good Morning to all on thisbright sunny day--enjoy it?Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 18:25 on 20th April 2015

Yes, well our first day in the 80's and it's an hazy one from the sand storm coming in from china...I think they said it would be 82 degrees today...I moved my house around yesterday in anticipation of air conditioning coming up in the days ahead. I'd like to go for an walk, but everything is fine dust right now, allergies bothering me also. I have one more fountain to set up outside for this year also, it's ready to go, just needs plugged in. You would be surprised at the animals come to my yard just to have an drink of water in the summer. I think I'll finsih off the garden with an couple more tomatoe plants and leave it at that...we cleaned in general this weekend all the flowers pots out of the yard sitting around not used.  Our camper needs put back together also...inone area down along the edge. I would like to keep it, though I don' thave anything right now to haul it with. If we got an SUV someday, I'm tempted to let it go. Hubby thinks its sustain to much dry rot in the top bed and the framing needs replaced...but they are still out there in and $22,000 range for the same floor plan. So for now it sets, and there's all kind of things I'd like to change on it...including an chute in the bathroom to an outside waste basket for dirty clothes, and on the other side an rack goes to the top..with the bottom step big enough to use for an chair seat that would fold up...and an table on the side also that could fold up maybe..be lowered or raised according to what you needed...shade/weatherproofing or an table and then just take along an umberella separately. I was looking at my nieghbors trailer with the awning on it...which ai think an person does need, but then again, most of them sit on the side of the trailer that would be shady anyway...so the table might work out better..that could be raised for an weather cover also.  Other then that, flip down, swiveling TV set in the roof...and an extra storage inside the roof with an sliding door to it...maybe for an small tent and couple of sleeping bags...air mattresses...less climbing then outside storage on top. Would like the entire bathroom also an shower..with sprayer hose to it...an separate water drainage container out the side. I think that about does it for now. Rest would be just up grading things in general.  Probabl won't do it for quite an while, but need to get enough done it's waterproofed through winter also. I best get going...get the last of the tomato plants.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:44 on 21st April 2015
Hi to all POEsters wherever you are this wonderful day...