Thorpeness

in the county of Suffolk

River Trent Beeston, Nottinghamshire.

Beeston

in the county of Nottinghamshire

Arbroath

Arbroath

in the county of Angus

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Electronic Waste Worldwide - Mobile Phones, Televisions, Laptops, Computers and more...

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:07 on 21st February 2015

Thank you for responding Dave.

I'm not a Politician, or a Scientist, but I can make a difference to the amount of electronic waste that would quite often go to the tip, thus toxic materials end up poisoning the rivers throughout the world simply because people won't or can't pay to get rid of it safely.

My innovative web site http://www.ewasterecycled.com will help to save the planets precious resources also. The fee involved for electronic waste disposal will be less than is currently paid and every single item will be collected by world renowned courier USPS.

I can't comment over the Solar System because I am not qualified to do so, but if we were all of the same opinion as you with regard to what we can change, or not as the case maybe, then we may as well throw the towel in right now. I will never accept that we can't better ourselves and/or the world we live in. I do think that nature will run it's course, thus proceeding to a natural or logical conclusion, but that could take millions of years yet and in the meantime human life has to survive.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:31 on 23rd February 2015

I'm so glad you asked...

The WEEE Regulations are there as a link between Manufacturers and the Environment, but in North America consumers and businesses are obliged to pay for disposal of electronic waste unlike the UK at present, which is why the web site will be a huge success, much to the disappointment of some! However, worry not your turn will come to pay.

For example, in North America many throw their dead cell phones into a drawer and forget about them, simply because it's too expensive to drive them to the nearest Processor or Recycle Center which could be many miles away. There are 26 million cell phones in drawers in North America alone as a result, and they are being replaced at the rate of 500 million a year!

My web site http://www.EWasteRecycled.com (EWR) will provide a cheaper method of disposal on a worldwide basis, helping everybody, whilst also saving precious resources.

You'll also be pleased to know that because world renowned courier USPS will collect and deliver the electronic waste worldwide, all EWR Approved Contractors will be able to get rid of their transport departments, thus saving the cost of vehicles and staff.

I hope that has answered your question sufficiently.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:23rd February 2015 21:43
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:59 on 24th February 2015

Not all Manufacturers or Retailers take back electronic waste, or perhaps aren't requested to do so. Where they do, they often won't make a charge because the cost of disposal is already built into the cost of your purchase, so you are paying for it anyway, just as you do when you buy tyres for your car (if you drive that is).

I will also make a small charge through my website http://www.EWasteRecycled.com but an even smaller charge than they, and yes the success of the web site could result in the loss of jobs and/or transport departments saving the Companies concerned huge expense. They will be paying more in taxes, because they are more profitable and therefore ultimately help the powers that be run their/our services (and I am not suggesting that they don't already pay their taxes before you find something else to pick on). There will however be more money available for authorities to run our services as a result.

With regard to the jobs that could be lost, a lot more jobs will be created by way of the extra drivers required to collect and deliver on a worldwide basis the electronic waste that isn't already being recycled, so you see I really have thought this through, but thank you for asking. Remember that profit is not a dirty word and without it we wouldn't have any services to rely on.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:30 on 7th March 2015
Just had a new fridge freezer delivered today with Currys. They sited the new one almost to perfection, took the old one away plus all the packing off the new one for £10. I'm happy with that.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 20:45 on 7th March 2015

So it did finally pack up then Frown most companies I know charge the standard £10 for taking the old appliance away, but that said we are very lucky in Halifax (and Oldham) we have an excellent local company on a smaller scale than Currys who deliver and take away the old appliance for free as long as your are within a 15 mile radius of the store.

Our youngest son moved house and he was having one appliance delivered and wanted two old ones taking away, so long as he settled for the last delivery of the day so that there was room on the van, this was done with no extra charge. He was well chuffed - he did give the driver a bottle of wine for his trouble.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:50 on 7th March 2015
We have a scrap man comes round every two weeks in our area,the thing is you cant rely on which day he comes round--he takes anything.-a few months ago two front gates went missing down the road cant prove its him Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:26 on 6th April 2015

EWasteRecycled.com has been entered for a 2015 Digital Innovation Award so how good is that?

Most of the hard work is done and I will soon be opening the doors for trading. We will start in North America and invite Processors and Recycle Centers to sign up with www.EWasteRecycled.com at http://ewasterecycled.com/index.php/processor/signup

I will of course keep POE members informed of the result, but you never know eh?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:00 on 13th April 2015

EWasteRecycled aka EWR continues to climb in the search engine rankings, thanks to all who are showing massive support!

http://www.EWasteRecycled.com where Consumers and Businesses will soon be able to get rid of a single cell phone, or a mix of electronic waste rather than it go to landfill or the incinerator, thus saving the Planets precious resources.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 06:59 on 15th April 2015

Ten days before the next stage of the Innovative Digital Business Award....you never know!

Well it is different, it is a first in that we will introduce bidding online soon. That is just as soon as the banks (any bank) accepts the risk! Because it's never been done before, they don't know the risk and therefore don't want to sign up to it.

I shall continue, knowing that this isn't the first 'new' idea that I've had that has met some resistance.

Any bankers out there?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:03 on 19th April 2015

Mobile (Cell) phones that were thrown away, incinerated or otherwise last year contained £10billion worth of Gold! That's only the tip of the iceberg bearing in mind we dispose of electronic goods at the rate that we do. Then there was the damage to the environment!

I am looking for an investor for my innovative Electronic Waste web site. See http://www.EWasteRecycled.com If you are interested please drop a line to ron@ewasterecycled.com with brief details, but please no time wasters.