Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Telscombe beach and cliffs, East Sussex

Telscombe

in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Price of Brent Crude Drops

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 17:25 on 13th April 2015
Rising up here as well Frown
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 06:40 on 15th April 2015
Confirmed on television last night that prices have increased, but nowhere near as high as say 18 months ago.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:18 on 19th April 2015

The price of fuel at the pumps continues to rise, but the cost of crude oil is still dropping. Shame on the big boys who control this I say.

But why does it matter, apart from two or three here in the POE forum it seems nobody else is interested, so presumably it can carry on rising?

I can only continue to wonder why there are no comments from the members that used to respond to my posts. Tells a story of it's own really doesn't it, thank you dear friends!!

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 18:06 on 20th April 2015

Oregon always seems to be paying 20 cents more per gallon of gasoline then the national average prices of gasoline per gallon. Why I have no idea, but then again you know they want to put petro storage facilites in the most voltile areas around in our parts and people keep turning them down for that reason alone. So they are once again moving northward into Longview, Washington.  You  know the thing behind this is the suppsoedly scare of an 9 magitude quake as much as an 100 possible miles Inland from the subduction fault off shore.  People see thier towns going up in an big fire ball with the storage tanks if that ever happened and they keep assuring us..some day "possibly" If the gasoline insustry needs more funding they should of diversified their selling strategies in other things. Like maybe off shore vacation islands?..on huge platforms. Ones they can move to avoid hurricanes. Maybe give those ailing commerical jets an place to land safely also. I think people are interested, but people when it comes to oil seem to have very little say so. I'd like them to get the solar/electric cars out in the market at an affordable price also. I mean Volkswagon just came out with an doozey electrical car they will be releasing...that looks like it could take the coountry over by an storm..but only if it's affordable...that means it would have to be around $8,000 total price. I don' tthink people mind having one car that's an run around basic car, over an luxury car with high prices. As long as you can get the kids to school within an 5/10 mile area, that's all they really want for an every day utitlty car. Heater, yes, air condition..yes. There's an guy in an college out of Michigan, soem place in the area that has propsed using solar strips in the highways to recharge solar carsconstantly while the cars re enroute across the country also...at least on the major freeway and motor routes.. Thing about electric cars is the air quality vs oil/gasoline...esp in the city. Like Portland, where we sit amid hills in an valley like area...and they "rent" them now downtown Portland...electric cars. At any given day I can go to the local park and see an cloud of brown smoot headed up the Columbia River from air pollution as it is. This sand storm coming over from China right now is doing an number on our allergies also. The sky is blue with an hazy yellow to it. They have often said in the past, it's not th eoil countries making an big profit..it's the ones buying the crude and reselling it to the coustomer. Big boys are indeed greedy..and possibly going to get sued for fracking also...causing earthquakes...esp in Oklahoma, but now in Lakeview, Oregon...and California's oil wells have seen them going from 177 an day back some 20 years ago to an daily average of 900 plus...these companies are owned by Canada...not the US. But as said, the west coast has people scared daily of the so called "big one" earthquake wise. three over 6 mags since yesterday off Japan/Tawain also. ..people are wondering, could there be another 9 mag. in the area.  To me it looks like settling going on at the 35 km depth in the same area right now. Don came out of the hospital  in time to say "no" on that one.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:47 on 21st April 2015
We heard about the Texas earthquake Shirley...fracking to blame?
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:27 on 12th May 2015
Petrol is about £1.12 per litre generally in Oxfordshire and Diesel is dearer still, despite it not being the 'best buy' for the environment as we were once told.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:45 on 19th May 2015

Negative inflation and still the price at the pumps is upwards!

How can that be?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:16 on 19th June 2015

I see the price is creeping up again.

So much for fuel becoming cheaper eh?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:14 on 25th August 2015

Seems the cost of fuel is actually going to drop now, with diesel being the cheapest for a decade or more.

The great fall of China is contributing to goods (and mortgages) here being great value at present so long may it continue.

Please login to post to this thread...
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5