Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Aldwych Theatre

Westminster

in the county of Greater London

Hallsands, Start Bay, Devon

Hallsands

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Ched Evans Wants To Play Football Again

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:04 on 6th January 2015

The Welsh footballer was convicted of rape in April 2012 and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment. He apparently served half of the sentence, was released in October 2014 and wants to get back into the game. Currently Oldham FC are in talks with him, but as yet apparently haven't agreed anything.

The story is being covered each time you turn the television on and in newspapers, but is it right in your opinion to allow him back into the game, has he paid the price, or should he be banned from professional football for life?

If he is allowed to play what might 'fans' think that see him on the field, what message will it convey?

Are we right to try to stop him playing, after all it was the Court who handed down the sentence so who is running the show?

I think things might have worked out better for him had he shown some remorse and/or offered an apology, which the press and television say has not yet happened.

What do you think members...

See his website at  http://www.chedevans.com/ where he claims he is innocent.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:6th January 2015 12:09
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 12:41 on 6th January 2015

Given that he has gone to appeal, claiming innocence in this case, an apology or signs of remorse, for what he says he did not do, would seem inappropriate. Should his appeal be successful, I think then would be the time to go searching for a new football club. If he really is not guilty, one can only try to imagine how he might feel right now. If his guilt is proved, then he will almost certainly never play pro football again, much as a teacher in a similar situation would not be placed in charge of a class.

I have no idea what the truth of all this is, and a rape victim is emotionally damaged in a truly awful way, but someone falsely accused is also placed in a terrible situation. Time will out.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:03 on 8th January 2015

Apparently the deal with Oldham FC is 'Off' according to Sky News after threats were made to Board Directors of Oldham FC and their families.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 14:22 on 8th January 2015
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:31 on 8th January 2015
Thanks Ruth.
 Please login to post to this thread...