Solihull

in the county of West Midlands

Carn Calver Mine

St Just

in the county of Cornwall

An unusual daytime picture of a part of Kenilworth Castle taken in 2002

Kenilworth

in the county of Warwickshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "60"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:03 on 23rd December 2014
Are you going down to your daughters James ? If so, have a lovely time and a safe journey.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:13 on 23rd December 2014
Yes--going down on Thursday morning round 10am -it usually takes 90 mins. Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:17 on 23rd December 2014
So you have Christmas Eve at home then SmileAt least the traffic wll be quieter on Christmas morning. I bet it's chaos on the motorways tomorrow. Our eldest daughter flies to Disneyland Paris with her partner and our 6 year old granddaughter in the morning, I just hope they give themselves plenty of time to get to Manchester Airport.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 07:29 on 24th December 2014

Have an safe journey James..don't woryy about what you didn't get, there's always the after Christmas Sales...smiles*  I don' t plan in going to them this year...but I got two major expenses paid for right now...due to planning ahead last September. Hubby brought home an big box with potatoes, an ham, onions, here an couple of days ago he brought home rice, cabbage, and more onions.  He says what I don't need or can't use to give it to our kids. I've been doing that one all week long as it is. But I'd rather give it to her ahead then after the Holiday...so I can relax and not be running around so much. Got the salads done tonight, the cookie tray yesterday and all things are right on schedule as planned so far.  Take the steaks out tomarrow to unthaw and get marinated.... rest comes Christmas morning. I just heard an new age explanation of why we celebrate Christmas...I told her I think we celebrate because deep down we want the "love" in knowing someone cares about us without strings attached... and something to be given back in the exchange. We need this love...it's genuine.

That is what Jesus did for us, in his birth/death...that is what Santa Claus does for us, in his giving presents...and that is what God does for us also, through the earth...as our creator master, he gives us "life"....purpose and direction.  Feel the "love" all three give to us.... and know its there for real. I'm sure I'll get some kind of answer back...but maybe not...maybe someone will think it all over and agree.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 10:30 on 24th December 2014

Thanks ShirleySmile

Yes Ruth-  case already packed and this time no working tackle to take which makes a change.Smile

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 12:19 on 24th December 2014

Good afternoon everyone Smile

It sounds a bit like here James, whenever we are invited anywhere David has to take his tool box. 

Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 14:33 on 24th December 2014

Good Afternoon everyone, a lovely sunny cold day here.

Happy Christmas to you all 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 14:57 on 24th December 2014
It's the same here today Pat, for a change. You have a lovely Christmas too Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:48 on 24th December 2014
All packed -lets hope the weather holds--its getting home that i am worried aboutSmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 21:00 on 24th December 2014
Safe journey James. When are you back, the weather is due to go downhill after Friday ?