Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Headmasters House, Rugby School

Rugby

in the county of Warwickshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "60"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:15 on 27th January 2015
Good Evening to all --had an easy day to-day done nowtSmile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:49 on 27th January 2015

Evening everyone. It's also an shame a lot of dog owners don't take a bag too. The dog mess left on the pavements round here is appalling. The local parish council have even seen fit to provide bags and bins at various locations thoughout the village, it's just a pity people choose not to use them. Walking anywhere in the dark is a major hazard to your footwear - anyway rant over Smile

I was having an easy day until the phone rang this afternoon, mum in a panic, she'd seen the weather forecast for snow tomorrow and Thursday, so she'd decided we'd better go shopping this afternoon instead of tomorrow. Which we did, so that's sorted. I suspect when I did her shopping last week during the snow that I got some 'wrong' items, she didn't say as much but I got the idea she didn't want me to do it for her again.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:01 on 27th January 2015

Good morning...we got an new credit cards in the mail yesterday, said that they felt our credit  securityhad been compromised and while they check this out, we get new security numbers on the card they sent out, for an weird limit amount, pay date, and the way they issued the cards is different also by name.  Guess we see how this goes.

Some Joan's I like, but many of them rub me the wrong way at times, esp relatives. But the little girl I raised had an "Joan" friend of her mother's... I don't think was all that good with the kids either. What that lady gave for advice was not the greatest. I've also found this Joan Hiatt in geneaology as well.. as the rest of us that know about her changing legacies constantly so she's "number one" and calls all the shots when it comes to family money. Joan Hiatt was an sister to my mother supposedly dead now..but if you can't beleive an thing she says..maybe not. Hubby's sister is an Joan also. My older sister's middle name is Joan also.

I'm into Medieval ships at the moment...one called the Utrecht...800 AD. If the templars were over here and left their sign plus 800 AD in an rock...this would be an good possiblity for bringing them over. Something else happened back then, an major quake on the New Madrid Fault line. So I've been looking up known history for the year 800 recently...see if there was an reason why they would come. The templar movement as we knew it came together more around the year 1100 AD. The information on this ship says it was the principal vessel of the Firsbian Islands (north of Germany and Holland) and is found on many Carolingian period coins. It says it would of had an long and difficult to track trade career also. But we already know that Joseph of Amerithea (sp?) was doing metal trades along the Mediterrean Sea...maybe heard our SW deserts had Gold in them also? theyknow the Egyptians were here around then in the Grand Canyon area...One thing is for sure, this area had an city of 12,000 people on the Missiissiippi River back then...all they would of had to done was sail into the Gulf of Mexico and up the river. The Egyptians left thier mark back then in Florida also..they found that when excavating for an new Hotel in Miami right on the edge of the ocean shore of all things. This all started out trying to hunt down the names of some of the French Broduxue wine vessels. I know they had an flourishing trade with Sicily ports back then. I keep at it and see what I can find in history. 795 AD in world history is the first known Viking raid in Ireland. 754 AD was an religous movement  when the so called Iconoclasts (Image smashers) prevailed and reilgious art was banned in churches by papal edict for nearly the next century...so that could be why they were over here. Trying to save important pieces of historical items in Gold statues and what not. 

I'm not into my German very good either...but the King Authurian story of the Swan Knight, going to save the Brabant Castle Queen (Else Von Brambrant)...Loherangrin..son of Parzival...left an legacy...these two had an child they called "Mehere Kinder"  it's associated with the translation of "compassionate child"....but the name of "mehere"...could it also be the best way they could come up to spell "Mary".? ..or could they been given this as "Kin of Mary"? If I remeber rightly Parzeival was an "Fisher King" assoicated and was kin indeed to Jesus uncle...said based back then in German (Frankish) roots.So I'm playing around if they could of been the ones that left the 800 AD symbol in the rock also...Scott Wolter shows this in an  series of "Untold America" and got me to thinking about it all.

So it's an light drizzle you can barely see, but I might go do my walking outside anyway...so talk later on.   

Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 10:23 on 28th January 2015

Good Morning everyone, a bitterly cold wind blowing here,

But hopefully we will get out for a walk,

we have lovely surpise tonight, our eldest Grandson who works in London is coming down until saturday, we haven't seen him for three years but understand he is Bald at the age of 23yrs, 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 10:56 on 28th January 2015
Good Morning to all who are around----nice for you Pat -dont worry about him being bald --i started losing mine aged 22 --only on top thoughSmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:57 on 28th January 2015
Hi to all POEsters. Have a great day, I will...
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 10:59 on 28th January 2015

Good morning from a wild and windy Yorkshire. I think you an I might be in for snow later James.

Don't worry about your Grandsons hair loss Pat, David and his brother lost theirs at 19, saves on combs Smile 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:36 on 28th January 2015

By Jove, not to many posts left before the thread changes and we are into the month of February...Valentine's Day and all.  Clearing up enough I think maybe I can get in my daily wlak today also.  I watched "Tiny Home Nation", next week is their Season final, but they really come up with good ideas to make these little trailer house/cabins be efficient. Latest one in an one step up office...with an bed that slides under the step an out of the way. It lays on the floor when pulled out and eliminates the needed loft for an bed area, this one has full sized kitchen in it and full sized bathroom. It had an roll or lock in kitchen counter served as an eating place also. TV screen was the roll down curtain for the window...which was remote control also. Whne the bed was pulled out, it was in front of this window. Real nice interior, and of course was pulled by an pickup truck any place they wanted to go. Under the kitchen counter...was an cage for the dog, with an pull out drawer for it's eating bowls that extened inside so the dog could use them from there also, as well as outside also.. one end of the cabinet raised up to make an longer table for eating off of or folding clothes/craft projects...they had an combination washer/dryer just off the kitchen. Pricey at $30,000 but everything is these days. Next week is thier season final show also. Well, I better get out there and walk, I tried on some tights today and when I put my jeans over them, I have baggy big pants to where...I'm working on shrinkiing right now...my skin...so far I've gained 7 pounds, lost 7 pounds and gained it back again. The only thing I didn't want to lose..permanently... was my tooth so far. Talk later on.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:37 on 28th January 2015
Good Evening on this wild and windy night.Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:51 on 28th January 2015
Good evening James, I reckon your wild and windy is going to turn to snow overnight. It's here already. Unless it's just going to be us again Undecided