Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Bardney

Bardney

in the county of Lincolnshire

New Forest

Lyndhurst

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "60"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 18:15 on 26th January 2015

Yeah, I'm trying to decide if I should call my surgeon dentist from losing part of my tooth at the movies the other day..looks worse..then it is, and we pay for any dental out of the pocket..it don' t come free. I have to have half my jaw bone replaced from dental work in the past. I only have just front teeth to eat with these days. Now I have an chip out of one of those teeth. I also have an docotr appt here in an couple weeks as well..on the diabetes bit. Bunch of BS to have health problems these days. I think we reverted back in time not went forward in good health. As the Native Americans use to say..bad health is bad news for the welfare of the entire tribe in general...that's why they use to pack up an move on and leave them behind to fend for themselves, either heal..or leave point blank. They also use to kill one kid if there were  "twins" because they felt they were of "one soul" and made them "weak" as an split personality. Aren't you glad that for the most part they are not like this any more...or at least I hope so. I have an whole book on what people use to beleive in.  Being an leader was more like an "act of death" to the individual...the prestege was in taking on everyone's problems I guess. Not very good thought. Well, they just said dry here through the rest of the month...while the east coast hunkers down for an blizzard that isthought to dump as much as 6 feet of snow in some places..from Connecticut down through New York and possibly Maryland.  So I go for now...and pay bills off from Christmas some more. It might take another month do do that also.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:44 on 26th January 2015
Home at last. M62 the usual nightmare at this time of day, but we're all now.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:21 on 26th January 2015
Good Evening to all who are kicking about--Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:46 on 26th January 2015

Evening everyone Smile

One thing that I did think about today and it's nothing to do with driving. Last week Joanne had an MRI scan at our local hospital on the NHS. Today we were at a private hospital for exactly the same thing (it's very complicated even I don't understand it all) she is covered by the insurance of her solicitor so she didn't have to pay. Whilst we were sat waiting several people came in to book MRI scans, those with private health insurance were fine. The others with no insurance the scan cost was £750 Surprised 

I think sometimes we're all a bit guilty of taking the NHS for granted, and forget how much these things cost if we did have to pay.  Also they were running an hour behind schedule at the private hospital today so we had a long wait. Last week her NHS appointment was exactly on time.

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 22:38 on 26th January 2015
 I will second that, remember this has been going on a while now.
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 23:21 on 26th January 2015
Many thanks, Joanne has been very brave since she lost her fiancé in Afghanistan, it's been a very difficult few years for her, but she always retains her sense of fun. She's come to terms with the fact that she's never going to be right again, but she's making the most of it and learning lots of news things, and our Grandaughter is a credit to her.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:54 on 27th January 2015

Hi there..I'm understanding that they made it mandatory tonight, no vehicles out on the streets after 11 pm except for emeergency ones in New York City because of this snow storm going on there. It appears many bosses gave thier employees the day off also today.  While here we bask in the highest temperatures for January we've seen in an long time and California had 24 more hours to go without rain to break an 166 year old longest "drought" record for California.  Crazy out there these days any more.

I got everything done today..even walked an mile outside with no coat on it was so warm...but didn't get the dentist appt made as of yet...did get the bills paid though. If we took an rating on how we feel life has been going on this last couple of years world wide I wonder what the rating would be..I doubt for many it would be to much over the 6 range out of 10 at the best. Last I talked to my ex sister in-law, she said that even though she had no place to live and was going from friend to friend..that she was still keeping an "positive" attitude that things would be better in the days ahead. She's still working on her Master's nursing degree..it will be her liveihood in the days ahead.. Hope she knows lots of friends...she might need them right now. Long day. Guess is take an warm bath time for me now..so talk later on.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:11 on 27th January 2015
Good Morning to all hope you enjoy your daySmileand also wishing your daughter well Ruth.
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 11:40 on 27th January 2015

Good morning everyone Smile

Many thanks James, she could do with a bit of good luck for a change. 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 17:07 on 27th January 2015
Thanks John, she's always saying if it wasn't for bad luck she'd have no luck at all, fortunately she's got a good sense of humour and copes very well. Our youngest son moans all the time about everything and he's nothing to moan about, Joanne never moans at all she just gets on with life.