Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Point Clear at St Osyth, overlooking Brightlingsea, Essex

St Osyth

in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "60"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 21:53 on 17th December 2014

That's why you gotta make things the best you can while you can, you never know what the future can bring any more. I took my sister in-law out... to my lunch and her breakfast...all she wanted to do was talk nasty about my brother I guess you know...says they'll be divorced when he has the money to file for one. Otherwise going separate ways for now...she says she's not doing any Christmas decorations this year.  How sad!... Why should she go to the trouble to do them..I said because they are for yourself as much as others.  Anyway...we went out to the new restruant in town....huge Chicken club sandwhich...but priced for it also. Thought maybe it would help me on the diet part in ways. I come coming back feeling very sad/depressed about things that there is in no way anything I can do  about anything..if it's time to move on..it's time.  No time is an good time for "breaking up"..but Christmas isn't the greatest of any time all year long. So far she does  not think there's another person involved... but doesn't really know. I think I'll go shopping just to see if I can change my mood now. Those movies came out..first one today..so maybe I ought to go to it tonight. It's an huge battle scene I think also..."The Hobbit". 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:45 on 18th December 2014

It si amazing how people can do little things to make your day go an bit better...I went to my pharmacy tody to renew my prescriptions before the holidays....Bill, and the gal whom hunted from here to komo to get me an low cost Glocuose monitoring system...I said "Merry Christmas" quietly and they put their heads together with an resounding "Merry Christmas" to back to me.....and then the lady said to me as she rang up the prescription..."Shirley...you have an Merry Christmas"! ..it makes an differnce...so I thought I'd bring you all some "cheer" for the holidays begining with Santa...whose standing outside talking to one of his reindeer...whose saying to him

"Dancer"?...He's practicing for the TV show.."Dancing  with the the stars"

Santa runs an tight ship at Kringle and Company up at the North Pole...when the kid's letters come in does he sell the data to online marketers?

Santa's Private Policy....At Santa's Workshop, your privacy is important to us. What follows is an explaination of how we collect and safeguard your personnel information.

Why do we need this information? Santa Claus requires your informationin order to compile his annual list of whose naughty and who is nice and insure accuracy when he checks it twice.

What information do we collect?..We obtain information from the unsolicited letters sent to Santa by children all over the world listing specific items they would like to receive for Christmas. Often these letters convey other information, such as which of thier siblings are doodyheads. The letters also prived another important piece of information...fingerprints. We run these through our data bases maintained by the CIA, NSA, FBI, Interpol, M16, and the Mossad. If we find an match it goes straight up to the "naughty list". 

What do we Do with the Information we collect?....Sharing is one of the joys of Christmas. For this reason, we share information with un-affilated third parties: The Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Hannukkah Harry. (end)

What do you get when you combine a Christmas Tree with an IPad?...A pineapple. 

Personally...I'm sick and tired of people that wish me an Happy Honda-Days. Its like they totally forget that some people celebrate Toyota-thon! 

What did Adam say the day before Christmas?..."It's Christmas Eve!"

I leave you with these for now....have an good evening everyone! 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:26 on 18th December 2014
Good Morning to all who are aroundSmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 10:44 on 18th December 2014
Good morning everyone, it's not so great here, sideways rain and wind. Don't think we'll be doing very much today.
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 16:44 on 18th December 2014

Good afternoon .   an update on Bern

He came home yesterday after his op on monday, he is very well, and heard all what was going on with his op, he just had an epidural injection.   not spelt that right,

just pacing up and down indoors now,

I fell over though tripped up the Kerb , luckily never hurt my hip , just bruised knee and Shoulder, 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 17:07 on 18th December 2014
Oh dear Pat, you be careful, don't want you both laid up. Glad to hear the op went well, give Bern our regards, here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Glad they managed to do it with an epidural, less risky that general anaesthetic. 
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:12 on 19th December 2014

In here late today..was an busy day today though. Tweeked up the downstairs iwth more decorations...and started the cooking...just finished pork sausage with country gravy  and baking two kinds of biscuits...one was for the sausage gravy, and the other was the John Mitchie Christmas Warming bread, shaped in an Christmas tree and topped with butter creme icing and chopped up citron pieces...to go with coffee or tea.  So all she will have to do is warm up the biscuit...make the gravy using 2 cups of water...and put it over the biscuit and sprinkle it all with the sausage mixture on top..it's got herbs in it, little bit of sage...then make the eggs...anyway she wants them...and drained the mandrin oranges and shave up the chocolate/coconut bar into them and mix..and eat everything...Christmas warming bread should be good with the mandrin oranges and coconut/chocolate bar...after eggs and susage on an regular biscuit..ok..they are texas sized biscuits. Easy breakfast with an microwave..and one small or two small pans. This will be going home after dinner to another place..or to my sister's more or less. She was talking about takign the three of us out to breakfast Christmas morning...before I have to come back an make dinner. In the morning I have 2 dozen blueberry muffins to make from scratch also. Today I worked on food gifts also. Besides the downstairs. So I'm tired tonight. Think I'll head in early...by tomarrow night the movies start in with the grandson's all weekend long. At least one an day.  Heavy rain storm incoming, they show cells here in Portland in the orange and yellow bands, but up near ocean shores, Washington state... cells that are red/purple and blue for the rain amounts...they said to expect flooding and landslides up in the area...beware.  Most of this will be naturally in the Pacific coast al mountain areas.  Talk later on....

Good to hear the operation went good Pat...hope for an soon recovery...and Christmas Holidays to be happy and bright for everyone in your house.  

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:47 on 19th December 2014
Good Morning to all who are aroundSmile
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 13:39 on 19th December 2014

Good Afternoon.

waiting for our eldest Daughter and son in law to arrive, haven't seen them for over a year so will be nice . but no knowing when they will get here,

a good weekend to you all,

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:10 on 19th December 2014

Good afternoon everyone, late today been to Skipton market, it was a lot quieter than expected, but the roads are really busy.

Enjoy your time with your family Pat Smile