Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Andrews Church a Ruin, at Roudham, Norfolk

Roudham

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Perhaps another good reason to book your hotel accommodation via the PicturesOfEngland.com website

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:30 on 10th December 2014

This morning I received the following email, which is self explanatory. I am not saying Tripadvisor is anything to do with this fake review arrangement, but I do think it means that when searching for B&B, hotel accommodation you should keep to a site that you know well, where real people use (as in this case) a forum to discuss things. Wherever you are in the world start your next journey from Englands best website for hotels, b&b's and cottages http://www.PicturesOfEngland.com/hotels (POE)

Apart from anything else the following email is not good English and the punctuation leaves a bit to be desired, so what say you members, do you use POE to book your accommodation?

The email follows, with a link deleted so as not to allow the perpetrator to benefit. The email address of the sender is available to Tripadvisor should they care to contact me for it.

Hi Sir,

Hope you're doing well.

If you have travel holiday hotel any other niche business Let me introduce you about TripAdvisor a premium travel reviews site,most of people who travel worldwide first make a check out about hotels on this site. 

Do you know how they choose Hotel & restaurants? They select upon reviews,the hotels or restaurants which have maximum positive reviews they select them as simple as that.

So what actually we do?

We provide review service, amazed you think you can also do that? Off course you can,but do you know if you submit reviews from same IP,TA will ban you & you won't be able to submit more reviews.

We use different IP for each review,so they stay permanent & they won't be deleted.

Our Price
We charge $10 per review,reviews will be permanent as we'll use different IPs for each time.

What we need to post a review.we'll need following information for posting a review.

Title, Summary
Ratings (There is rating from 1 star to 5 star)
Customer name (We'll make email address from your customer's name & then we'll submit)
Month they visited.

Here is an example of my work:- (link deleted)

Also in a month from an IP we can post only a single review, if we post second from same IP TA won't approve it.

So we use different IPs to post them,therefore reviews stay permanently.

Let me know your thoughts about this.

Looking forward to have more work from you.:)

Speak soon
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 16:15 on 10th December 2014

It starts badly then quickly goes downhill. Hi Sir !! What sort of start to an email/letter is that ? I booked three lots of accomodation this year through POE, all of which were  excellent. One in particular was outstanding, it also had a small but excellent set of reviews on Trip Advisor which I added to.

As you say Ron, stick to where you know. 

Edited by: rustyruth at:10th December 2014 16:16
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:56 on 17th December 2014

Now is the time to consider it folks...

Thanks Ruth.

Ken Marshall
Ken Marshall
quotePosted at 12:04 on 17th December 2014

In the past , I have used Trip Advisor to help me choose hotels to stay at. I found that many reviewers are too critical and all the hotels were better than described .People complain about trivial things which  in reality aren't a problem.

I'm shocked that this individual is trying to make money by charging $10 for a fake review. I knew some people write fake testimonials for products on their own website but I've never heard of anyone selling fake reviews.

I will definitely look at  accommodation on the Pictures of England website in the future because the discounts available are generous.

Please login to post to this thread...