Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Aldwych

Westminster

in the county of Greater London

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "58"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:29 on 27th October 2014
Thanks James, John. The M5 was just as bad as the M6 James, it's all the sections that are being upgraded to managed motorways which are the worst. Anyway we don't have to go near them again until 14th November Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:47 on 27th October 2014
I can recall a terrible experience on the stretch of the M6 -the lane markings were non-existant ,speed limit 40mph between Stoke--Shugborough when an Artic came over and took the wing mirror clean off --all i could see were these massive wheels by my side talk about scared--fortunately he stopped and all was sorted promptly--a dangerous place that stretch.Frown
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 21:14 on 27th October 2014
I know the stretch you mean James. When these managed motorways are up and running they are much safer and efficient places. The M62 between Bradford and Wakefield has been upgraded and there are fewer accident and less traffic jams. It's just the miles and miles of 50mph average speed check sections of roadworks that are the pain whilst the upgrades are being made.

Edited by: rustyruth at:27th October 2014 21:14
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 21:16 on 27th October 2014
Not to mention the 'variable' speed limit section which keeps the satnav bleeping every few hundred yards .... that really is a pain in the proverbial
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 21:42 on 27th October 2014
I'm the sat nav in our car Dave, if I'm driving I don't talk, if David's driving I only speak when I have to, which is usually just before he goes wrong, which is often. I remember in 2007 in France I was driving he was navigating, he ended up taking us to the wrong town, we should have been in Bergerac and he took me to Bordeaux. After that he drove and I took charge of the map.

Edited by: rustyruth at:27th October 2014 21:44
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 21:46 on 27th October 2014
Don't often use satnav, just for that awkward few miles off the 62 onto 61, quite a few quick lane changes very close together. We nearly had an 'incident' there a few years ago when someone realised at the last moment they were in the wrong lane and cut us up by what can only have been a few feet ... bit scary.
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 21:50 on 27th October 2014
Yes it can be a bit awkward that one. David's nemisis is Junc 18 of the 60/62. He cannot get round that junction on his own, usually I'm with him (or better still driving) if he's in the car with someone else and they don't know to guide him round he ends up going to Bury instead of home - every time.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:23 on 28th October 2014
Hi to all POE roadsters, poesters and all...
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:37 on 28th October 2014
Good Morning to all on this bright sunny daySmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:37 on 28th October 2014

Good afternoon everyone. Internet is a bit slow here today Undecided

We've dropped our friends off at Newquay airport this morning for their onward journey and overnight at Gatwick before they fly off to Madeira tomorrow. So the house is ours mow until the 13th November, weather is nice, a bit breezy but quite warm. The chickens keep coming and having a look in the door at their new keepers Smile  All is well.