Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Michael's Church on North Hill, Minehead, Somerset

Minehead

a Seaside Town in the county of Somerset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "58"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 16:04 on 24th October 2014
Just had call from the estate agent, we having a viewing on the house this evening, typical just a couple of days before we go away for nearly three weeks.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 16:27 on 24th October 2014

Gumpy drizzley weather here today

hope the viewing of your house goes ok tonight Ruth

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 16:53 on 24th October 2014
Thanks Pat, let's hope it's more successful than the last three. I'll keep you informed Smile
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 18:31 on 24th October 2014

it must be very Frustrating for you Ruth, i am sure it will end well though

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:46 on 24th October 2014

The couple who came Pat are local business people who are looking to buy on behalf of their son, who has money saved and is wanting to invest in a property to rent out. He still lives at home with his parents.

They loved the house, but said its just a matter of sorting out the finances for him. Not that they are hard up, they live in a huge house about 500 yards from us. So we'll see. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:07 on 24th October 2014
Good luck with the saleSmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:23 on 24th October 2014
Thanks James, I expect it will be a couple of days before we hear one way or the other.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:06 on 24th October 2014
Hope it goes the right way for you Ruth.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 22:09 on 24th October 2014

Sometimes I do Ron, I kind of chalk things up to the times these days.

I called my sisrer in-law back to find out what her son's "emergency"was, he walking down the street, I take it in Porltand and two hispanic guys came up and asked him for the ciggarette..she told them he didn't smoke they took his umberella and proceded to beat the tar out of them....that's kind of like saying you don' t do drugs..to say you don't smoke. Anyway...someone called 911..as it started, so they arrived an were able to arrest the two guys, citing the taking the umberella as an robbery. Her son though went into the hospital with bruises, lacerations and black eye. I have no idea if this is the truth or not, as I DON'T really see her son much these days. What time I've been around him, he seems pretty quiet/shy. I think we really need to get rid of the drugs that have infliltrated northward out of California/Mexico and the desert SW/Texas. I stayed up last night and watched an show on how extensive the underground tunneling has been going on since the days of the "cold war" and fear of nuke attack...China has an underground city right now of about 10,000 people...during the vietnam era, tunnels discovered was one that was 250 killmeters from Soul, Korea. Dad and I were talking about the numerous ones they have found along our boarders for illegals to cross over and drug traffic...he said then the best thing we could do was to bomb our own inside borders. That is exactly what the bible says will start the end of our civilization....an massive unprecedent earthquake of great magnitude. It's just an matter of time perhaps.The drug cartel pushing "God" doesn't help us to much.

I walked one mile so far today..might get in another mile before the weather changes. Spent this morning loading up the fridge for thsi weekend. I even got some fresh strawberries for sissy. Whip cream. Sugar free chocolate drink.  Thinking if we have the time of taking her out for Sunday breakfast also.

Ruth, good luck on the house...the one down the street from us an really decent house for the price...haven't seen anyone over looking at it, even during "open house". I go tto thnking about it afterwards, and I thought, it needs someone with plenty of money to build the inground swimming pool into an underground storage area...and on the deck over it...build an huge hot tub in and enclose it in with an bigger room for entertaining on top of the hot tub. But that would cost money...and it would take someone that's retired probably, as the house is fairly small otherwise...though they did build bigger bedrooms back some years ago. The one story houses across from it don't make to to impressive an neighborhood. But there again, ifthe city would let an few of them build "sky-light" entire rooms on an upper story, it would enhance them also. With an fireplace on one end, and glass windows all-around...it would be like an indoor play room area or extra family room upstairs. One or two of those houses are already "rental" houses. Owners of those kind of houses are not usually generous in remodeling for the better...but I'm sure it would double the property value of the house in general. We have an cozy little neighborhood sitting in the center of three houses that are valued for one million dollars....but that's not to say people can do "nothing"..... to inhance the neighborhood just the same. You can't over-do any more then under-do on house renovations. I go for now..have an good weekend everyone. Last weekend before all Hollow's Eve, when Ron said he'd start the POE "witching hour". I wonder if he can be " bribed".... with an "Kit-Kat" bar instead? 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 22:12 on 24th October 2014
Thanks Ron.