Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Light on the water 3

Babbacombe

in the county of Devon

A curious light on the harbour

Lyme Regis

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

Tideswell Church, known as 'Cathedral of the Peak'. The centre piece of the village.

Tideswell

in the county of Derbyshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "58"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:09 on 22nd October 2014

We do that on i-phones also, then they came up year ro so before with my adroid phone for free, if you take up the contract, we already had that...but it has an built in computer on it also. Not that I use it though. But it had some interesting applications I could have on it also in reguards to features. I think any more they pretty well cover them with all the same features these days. I basically use it for an phone, and an emergency line if needed...not to talk on...as I have my computer as it is. I am seldom out on the road also without my hubby and his cell phone near by with him also.

It's raining here...but the heavy stuff isn't due for an couple more hours. So the street sweeper is out and the city came out to check to see if the drains were well open... for heavy rain today. Both are gone now. So

I guess they did what they wanted to get done. I took my sister back to her place loaded down as usual..this week her toaster has went out on her so we went to Walmart last night. I sent her home left over lasugna and an whole pan of Irish Soda Bread...with pumpkin butter and Apricot jam and some cream cheese. I'm finishing mine off thsi morning with an spicy tea I like. So..it's gone for now...but I have enough to make some more if I want. I did feather flowers last night on the votive candles to cover up the brass...cause they have thier house in "silver" and crystals.  White feather flowers and tiny purple Christmas bulbs and candles. Brushed turquoise on wrought iron inan spiral and then the base, I covered it up with fake snow. So those are done now also.Kind of elegant looking in ways. I used the feathers with tips going up...did the bottoms with the tips going down, so turned up..all the tips are turned up. She can always remove it all after Christmas if she gets tired of it fluffy bit. I also put two just under the cup area going sideways, both pointing If she has some downward...if she has some jewels from last year she could put on in the center there on each side (front and back) also. I go an see her tomarrow and will decide then what she'd like.

So time to go wash bedding from the sister here and cleaning up in general for today. So I get going...have an nice day...I'm almost thinking of starting to read another book again. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 21:02 on 22nd October 2014
Mum will be taken to the Apple store in Manchester when we get back from Cornwall. They do lessons for new users, until then it will stay switched off, she can use her old Nokia until we return Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:59 on 22nd October 2014

Wow, dangerous times ahead Ruth! Keep an eye on her for sure, one mistake and the scammers will be in like a shot.

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 23:55 on 22nd October 2014
She'll be fine Ron. Never had any problem with Apple products and scammers, they tend to stick to Microsoft and Android where access is easier. All our family are Apple users, my sister in law being the longest and in nearly 20 years not one single problem with anyone we know. I know of hundreds of Microsoft/Android user though where bank and identity  theft have been a big problem. Apples servers do security sweeps all the time, and I'm always on top of it too.

Edited by: rustyruth at:23rd October 2014 00:07
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:10 on 23rd October 2014

I use to know whom I think was Bill Gates mother at one time and he was an young man back then. For my son's first Christmas...him an his hacker freinds....you know he has his own these days to keep ahead of the others...sent me an box load of programs for our computer...they charged me just their costs in getting them on CD's. At an time when we had very little money..he made our Christmas that year...I mean Literally made us "Christmas" that year. Mother has since passed on.... if he's the same person. In one of these programs was an little "movie" the first of it's kind that was stolen from me, I think for an nieghbor's computer class project. Long time ago, but I'll never forget it...it was two guys on big drums at the bottom of the screen...like you'd see in india maybe...and while they are drumming to music, you see two spacehips on two different planets...and they have an war between planets...and the drumming is furious as they send over weapons to each other..then something happens...they or the people left get tired of killing each other..so they stop...and one sends the other one an peace flag...and in the end, it appears they go to helping each other's planet to survive. First computer generated short "movie" I ever saw....now you see full length films these days. 

Rain came in...3.69 inches in the Cascade Mts....little over 1.65 inches in Portland and still at it. Yet people seem so darn happy to see what looks like normal weather again for the time of the year. They are not complaining about it at all. Seattle is gettign soaked I understand. I didn't do my bedding today...another night on the coach again maybe. I went to my thrift store to find eveything at half price...the whole store. I mean, I wonder if they had anythign left by tonight.  Yes, I bought an french side table...already marked down..it ended up for $7.50. Scratched on top, I put my special stain on it I can no longer buy now, and they are all gone and it looks very nice.  It will be an Christmas present this year. I found an french made top cloth or it also. It's drying right now. Has the billowy fabric coming down the corners of it.  In an fruit pattern, with purples, turquroise, and gold...fruit pattern. I already had the chair, with an cane backing that has the same furniture style...we re-did the cushion on the chair tonight...so it's going along with the side table..and on top of the table I have an wooden game chest for it, that has chess, and seven other classic games. All of this was bought to set near an fire place mantel that has an french look to it also. Gosh, I even bought me another cup today from England. It says Royal Standard with an small stock number on it also. Edged in Gold. Newer design. Later on it will sit next to my Kent, England mug. I think we discussed it here sometime back. Anyway, I also got an piece of paper that says there's an new "Goodwill" store opening up at Airport Way and they are going to be sellign things by the pound. That should be different. They use to do that with thier fabric for bulk sales for making " patchwork "items in the olden days...it might be of help to the lady quilters though. One time I took my girlfriend to an place that sold old upholstery pieces of fabric and we bought that in an huge sack of so many poounds for $6.00 and she took it home and made an king sized quilt using the satin and the velvet scraps of material...maybe some 40 years ago. Anyway, long day tomarrow and getting behind again with the house due to other projects going on I guess you know...so talk later on.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:25 on 23rd October 2014
Good Morning to all who are aroundSmile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 14:54 on 23rd October 2014
Hi there John --buy anything nice??
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:44 on 23rd October 2014
Afternoon everyone, late today, doing the shopping with mum before we go away on Monday Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 15:54 on 23rd October 2014
Been a bit busy also--i only went out for a chat and ended up cutting a tree down--fortunately my mate is coming to-night who has a wood burner so its sorted and not hanging around.Frown
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 16:30 on 23rd October 2014
I'd rather chop a tree down than go shopping, I hate shopping Frown