Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Prezzo, Food Restaurant. Colchester

Colchester

a Historic City in the county of Essex

Kingswear, Devon

Kingswear

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

So there is such a thing as a free lunch!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:55 on 2nd September 2014

Yes, school kids up to seven years of age will now get a free meal, no doubt good for the children, but at what cost and has anybody noticed how quickly the government acted to put this legislation in place, but can't or won't legislate for years to come over plans to give us a referendum on Europe?

They please themselves what they do once elected don't they, so why do we bother?

What do you think members, is there ever going to be a party that listens to those who vote them in?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 22:16 on 2nd September 2014

If it weren't for the Govt right now giving our kids an free breakfast and lunch...most the kids would go hungry...even if the parents had the money....these kids would have to feed themselves, for the younger ones they are to young to know good nutrition. Many of them are to young to cook unsupervised also. the trade companies that feed the schools are rips off anyway with high prices...but not any more so then the groceries stores are for decent food. You can now go oout and buy fast food cheaper then you can home made food.  Let's take hamburger....they "set" the prices at $3.98 cent an pound, ground up or $5.98  and up in an slab of tough boneless meat that ain't worth packing home. Apples this year are higher then ever...but the dam to bit wine is cheap...the stuff that kills you slowly. But kids can't have wine. they don't need it anyway. God is an word these days for "Satan" take my word for it..I have to fight it every day. Like today...I woke up this morning 8 pounds heavier overnight...and blood sugar tests almost 10 point higher and have not detered from my diet or excerise routine. This is your Lawson Alcoholism at work. Backed by Satan...they do wonders for no one.they just past the crap off on anyone younger int eh family or those that can't defend themselves. All for "the Lord"...All for the money...and all for the control issue....they lack being dictators and they can't stand it. They could improve themselves...but they don't when they got someone else to blame and push their crap off of. YES..,.feed your kids and shut up and stop being so selfish. You shoudl be glad you don' thave to daily deal with everyone's problems..Personally I get sick and tired of the nimcompoop idiots...that is most of our leadership these days...they are nothing but trouble makers and always have been. Here take some of my older sister's latest advice on taking "EX-LAX" for an diet regiume....much of it and you can take what's left of your indtestinal system to the grave. Or like hubby's youger sister...coke in one hand, ciggarette in the other....she's dead also..and should be. She could of changed on her own, but never did. She's not the person be be leading anyone else. Hubby's oldest sister died last year from basically being an society" wino" ...she's far from the only one in the family also. They'd all be alive right now if someone could of taken thier lives and "fed them" decently every day. this is what having big families produces...poverty. With poverty, you don't have choices.

I could tell you the same of my parents side also. Thier specialty was smoking themselves to death so they weren't hungy...all of them are dead these days also....while the other side killed themselves off eating "flour" and sugar...I asked my aunt out here to make me an salad..what did she make...canned cherrie pie filling with marshmellow and nuts...I lookedat her and said.."Joan, around here that's desert over cake once in an while. Her parting words on my mother's death...Now maybe my kids can have something....as if my mother was responisble 3,000 miles away as to her kids. She was married also...so where was her husband at? I think of her every time I see the " Joan Larkin" in the Whose who in the Tudor Women on line. This is why, I don't buy the Native American idea of one big tribe and everyone helps everyone else...it don't work for all the abuses going instead. Like the young girl that had been raped by an relative and told he'd kill her parents if she said anything. She first lost her voice...and them seemingly was going into an coma...when the medicine man showed up. He asked for God's guidance...whom sent an " earthquake" under the ritual that seemed "real" to everyone there...and they were told what this relative did...and when they told him to leave the tribe and never come back again...or die...he left. Within days..the little girl revived and got her voice back again to speak. UNtil we can strightened out the world...it is our duty to feed and cloth they younger ones. It should never be an "Problem" to hand over enough money to feed an life when it's needed. And feed them properly also. If you want to keep down costs...then see to it the land sustains food to where they can  go and harvest it themselves like God intended. Here comes that dam wind I hate today also..... I'm leaving.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 23:08 on 2nd September 2014
I think every child up to the age of 7 gets the free meal regardless of background. I remember from years back, kids getting free school meals used to get picked on (like kids do) maybe at least that will stop now everyone is treat the same.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:05 on 3rd September 2014

Yes, another interesting and typical post from our Shirley who has been through the mill for sure. Don't give up with the diet Shirley.

Yes John; feed the kids regardless of parents (if they have two at home that is) wealth and noted liberal policy.

I reckon Shirley has it exactly right. What she describes is so typical of what is still going on here also, the smoking rather than food also noted, but why can't they see it? They are hooked I guess?

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 21:12 on 3rd September 2014

Gesh..pardon my wild posting above...I spent the greater part of last night in bed with heart pain, thought about going to emergency, butlet it go on the heavy dose of asprin they recommend, was better today, I felt like an lump of cholestrol went through my heart valve and left last night...but slept in most the morning also.  

John...don' t you think our world should be at the stage where it's children are fed daily?....unicef is over right  now in the Area of Gaza, with 300,000 orphans, teaching them with potato sacks around their necks how to harvest potatoes to eat. Many of them look as young as 6 years old...the majority of them are maybe around 12 years old. This is an lot of kids...maybe their dead parents should not of had so many of them...and I could see, how they had attached themselves on to older children for surrogate "parents" also in ways.  The girls especially. What is that old saying, you know what an country is like by how it takes care of it's children and elderly.

We had an one of my girls in the nursing home, our mentally slow one, Larrita Hill our kitcen supervisor understood she was going hungry..she offered her free food...and she took it out of gratitude...she was 32 years old.  My adminsitrator hired her through the state program of getting an pay back for helping these kinds of people. She grew up with the state...after her mother died, she was given to the state services division and left there. Her father remarried and lived his life with his new wife...forgot about her pretty much. At 32 years old she was on her own, but state assisted. As Larrita said, we each give up an lunch one day an week, she's got an meal for at least once an day...we can do that...we aren't so thin that we couldn't stand to go without once an week for someone else amoung us all. 

Please login to post to this thread...