Rufford

in the county of Lancashire

Broadstairs harbour area. Broadstairs, Kent

Broadstairs

a Seaside Town in the county of Kent

Coast at St Abbs

St Abbs

in the county of Borders

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

UKIP are gaining ground, fast! II

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
Posted at 15:08 on 22nd October 2014

I see that Mike Read's UKIP Calypso Song has now been withdrawn for fear of upsetting sensitive souls see BBC link

However, there is no such thing as bad publicity, and this serves only to keep UKIP in the spotlight. As an example, today's Telegraph Cartoon can be taken  in a number of ways, and may offend some or amuse others, but keeps Nigel firmly centre-stage.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 17:41 on 22nd October 2014
Brilliant Edward and I agree no such thing as bad publicity. lol
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
Posted at 21:09 on 23rd October 2014
On 23rd October 2014 16:14, John Lawrence wrote:
Amused me Edward, but if that bloke is Nigel Farage the beer is wrong, Shepherd & Neame make a mint out himSmile

I think the cartoonist deliberately chose a defunct Brewery (Watney's) to be in keeping with the other topics shown in the Cartoon, all being things or attitudes current in the 50's and 60's.

UKIP is often accused of hanging on to outdated views. The Cartoon could be taken as being critical of UKIP, but I think the depiction of Mr Farage in his 'Mr Teflon' mode is saying that despite all the negative connotations, Mr Farage carries on unperturbed. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:37 on 24th October 2014

Apparently the EU is asking the UK for an extra £1.7 billion to be paid into the pot within weeks (becuse the UK is doing a little bit better).

C'mon, wake up Cameron, what the b.....y ...l is up with you? Tell them to stick their charges up their backsides and get out of the money sapping group of jokers!

Get out of Europe today and sort the UK's financial worries out tomorrrow, simple!

Thank goodness UKIP's Nigel Farage is seeing sense and will get us out as soon as he is elected next year!

Edited by: Ron Brind at:24th October 2014 08:41
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
Posted at 09:39 on 24th October 2014
This latest demand from Brussels is simply outrageous. France expects £790 million out of the proposed £1.7 billion they hope we will hand over. France is very generous with our money, such as schemes where government employees get up to 80% of their final salary on retirement. It is just the same with the 'generosity' of  Labour governments here, it is the taxpayer who foots the bill. The latest news will undoubtedly strengthen support for UKIP.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:18 on 24th October 2014

Cameron is making out he is furious over the additional payment of £1.7 billion to the EU and so he should be. He says he is not going to pay on December 1st.

Did you hear that, or understand it the way I did, meaning he won't pay on Dec 1st but he will pay sometime later, or at least try to negotiate a lesser sum?

Why doesn't he tell the EU boss to change his name 'Dick Turpin' because what he's doing is tantamount to highway robbery. Then tell the EU to go **** **********!

A LOT OF US WANT OUT OF EUROPE CAMERON, MAKE A NAME FOR YOURSELF NOW AND MAYBE STAY IN POWER!

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
Posted at 20:12 on 24th October 2014
I was thinking about you Ron when this news broke the EU is just a massive gravy train that will drain us all dry eventually.

Edited by: Neil Rodgers at:25th October 2014 06:28
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:28 on 24th October 2014
I was wondering what would happen if we simply didn't pay the money ? What can they do throw us all in gaol, throw us out of the EU ?
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:35 on 25th October 2014

Lets hope they throw us out of the EU Ruth.

If Cameron pays just one more penny of this outrageous request to the EU he will be castigated by his own members like never before in my opinion. Either way, he is onto a loser! lol

C'mon Nigel now's your moment, hammer home the advantage!

George Woodward
George Woodward
Posted at 16:14 on 25th October 2014

Ron,we all know Cameron is just all talk,and the money will be paid;thanks to the E.U. this has come out at the best possible time before the bye election.