Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Cow and Calf Rocks Ilkley

Ilkley

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

UKIP are gaining ground, fast! II

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
Posted at 17:03 on 9th October 2014
Glad you chuckled, John, I certainly did. The Telegraph Cartoonist (Christian Adams) is brilliant at capturing the moment.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:21 on 10th October 2014

What a result...

Congratulations are in order for UKIP who also came very close in the other vote of confidence. This is going to send massive shockwaves through Westminster and so it should, they need to wake up and face the facts.....nobody (or few) like the way they operate!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:37 on 11th October 2014
A message to the Toffs, Lassy and Leggs.....UKIP if you want to and while you're asleep great things are happening! lol
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:04 on 11th October 2014

We'll see John, as you say fingers crossed.

I've been a bit busy this week and I've only just hit on the link to the cartoon. It made me chuckle too, brilliant. 

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
Posted at 10:30 on 12th October 2014
The success of UKIP will come as a shock to the chattering classes, who seem so out of touch with the broad base of British public opinion. It is amazing to witness the shrill protests of horror and outrage from the Guardianistas at UKIP' s success. 
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 11:08 on 12th October 2014

I agree Edward and honestly believe 2015 is 'wipeout' time for Labour. Plenty say it can't and won't happen, but with Lassy and spheroids in charge they have no chance!

We used to live in caves!!!

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
Posted at 20:17 on 12th October 2014

Hi Ron I hope UKIP win their seats equally from the two main parties at the next election because if the Tories loose out big style to UKIP  then we are in for 4/5 years of the dreaded ED.

There will be S - D all left to govern if red ED gets in again. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 23:01 on 13th October 2014

In my opinion Panarama tried to do a demolition job on Nigel Farage tonight, digging up supposed events from the past. I wonder if they will do the same for Labour, Tory and Libdems and all the other hangers on?

And now that there is talk of Nigel Farage being invited to go head to head in a debate with the other erks, what do we get, every man jack (and woman) who shouts their mouth off now wants to join in and are even trheatening legal action if they are not allowed to.

None of this would have happened had Nigel Farage not made the fantastic headway that he and UKIP has, so I say keep at em Nigel and very well done! 

George Woodward
George Woodward
Posted at 12:23 on 14th October 2014

Ron,my area is a strong Labour voting area.it always has been,and to quote a well used saying "put up a donkey under a Labour banner and it would get voted in"People put their mark in the box and never ask what they stand for,their parents voted Labour,their grand parents voted Labour and so on.I talk to people and the usual thing is "politics don't interest me,they are all the same,I'm not voting for anybody".

I think I have said before,I should be voting Labour,being working class(retired) but after "going abroad and actively seeking people to come and work in Britain"to quote Peter Mandleson,my Labour voting days are long gone,and never,ever Conservative.

Nigel is a person you can believe in,and I think he would do well to have more of the party to "share more of the limelight"for want of a better phrase,in last weeks elections I only ever saw Nigel in the news.

I do hope none of the U.K.I.P. candidates make the news for the wrong reasons as has happened in the past.

George Woodward
George Woodward
Posted at 14:24 on 14th October 2014

John,something to look forward to,like the debate today about barring Scotish MP's from voting on solely English matters,if the Labour party will lose 40 votes by barring Scottish MP's,why not stop 40 Conservatives from voting then it makes up for the lost 40 Labour votes,and it's on an even keel then.

Maybe,that is too simple a solution.