Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Tranquility at Symonds Yat

Symonds Yat

in the county of Herefordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "55"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
Posted at 12:56 on 24th July 2014

Hello to all and thanks for the words of encouragement. am leaving in a few hours to get it "done and over with" it will been almost 48 hours when the proceedure begins since i have eaten ! talk about dieting the hard way,,, lol..looking forward to a big meal this evening !

Hope this finds you all with cooler temps and fair weather breezes !

Cheers! 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 17:52 on 24th July 2014
Thanks for the comment on my Hat Ruth. i never used to wear one, but find i need one this year, just done a short walk as its far to hot for walking,
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:12 on 24th July 2014
Good Evening to all--what we been up to?Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:16 on 24th July 2014
Evening James, we've been exploring areas of Wales we've not seen before, but it's been really hot. We're now wondering where to go to eat Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:26 on 24th July 2014
If you are near Llandudno try the fish restraunt facing the tram terminus at the base of the Great Orme---brilliant-tell them i sent you.Laughing
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 18:43 on 24th July 2014

Good luch Richard..it takes aboout half an day to get it done completely.

Good morning everyone...should of read I've been helpin gmy brother's wifey do their yard this year. It hasn't been easy with the dog from hell tearing everything up faster then it can be planted. 

Judy checked in, her house in Brewster, Washington was consumed by the fire...they are living in an bedroom of his boss's house right now, they got out with only family pictures and pets  they essentially lost house and everythign with it...so over in earthboppin.com she left her address, if anyone has anything to help with, though the agcencies seem like they are coming in all over theplace and they donated some of the schools for temporary living.  They are asking for gift cards or money for the most part...everyone is. Watch the fresh fruit jump up in price as they showed us pictures of burnt orchards with pears hanging off scorched vines. It rained here good share of yesterday really good, I don' t know where the fires were at, I think it helped them though. Some are now 50 per cent contained.Today it starts getting better, until early next week when they say it goes into the low 90's again. Not much going on, except the wind..ugh...this time with an overcast sky too.

I can't find out much about Rowland Dee past, because his son, John Dee was so famous...Rowland married Jane Wild supposedly.Jane'gravesend, Kent county, England. early 1500's....it says JOhn Dee's mother left everything to John before her death.

Bio says Jane had an daughter in 1525, an no more about her, this daughter is whom I have arriving in Maryland, from the Nottingham England area with an Larkin family..which I think now has been changed.  John Dee served both Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth...the last as her astrologer and advisor. At one time he got into serious trouble though as an kind of "charltan" with an guy named Kelly. Rowland was an sewer in KIng Henry VIII's court, but known as an textile merchant in his day..Janes father was kown as William Wild. There is much alchemy, the occult surrounding this family as there is astrology and political ties of the day.I don't believe all that's being said about the family..but it's pretty cut and dry what is said...they were also "Rosecrucians".  Supposedly the family background is Welsh. John Dee travleled the world over also. Jane might be one of my mysterious "Jane's" in the early Lawson family....but not quite sure.

At any rate, have some cleaning needing done around the house for the moment.  Have all kinds of kitty kisses on my windows need to be removed...if I can get hm to get off my computer also...he likes playing with the action advertisements on-line.  Esp. cards also.  My good luck charm under my nose?

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:46 on 24th July 2014

We're no where near Llandudno James, we are in Aberystwyth which is mid way down the West coast. We did find a very good fish and chip shop the other evening though, recommended by the chap who runs the B&B. He's been very good at suggesting places to eat.

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
Posted at 18:55 on 24th July 2014

Hi James very hot here today another campo fire not to serious soon out but we are at danger level at the moment we have the 32/32/32 situation being wind speed humidity and temperature at this level is serious.

Car drivers who throw cig ends out of the car is an automatic 4 points on the licence 

Apart from that all OK 

Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 19:33 on 24th July 2014
2 treks today still very hot. Been to the Rule had a take away curry, just gonna have a wander down to the per to see what if anythink is going on.All being well proper report will follow a bit later