Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Farnborough Hall 15 June 2011

Farnborough

in the county of Warwickshire

Kinchley Lane

Rothley

in the county of Leicestershire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "53"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 18:06 on 3rd April 2014

It turned wet and Misty,plus allot of mud, Ruth on our walk,

how lovely to have a relative around today James 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:09 on 3rd April 2014

Well at least it seems this mist is going to clear tomorrow Pat.

Hi James, glad you've had a good day with your relative Smile

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:54 on 3rd April 2014

Yes we have--she is my mothers cousin who i have keptin touch with for many years-only 3 left now she only lives 2 miles away so i see her quite often.

She lost her husband of 56yrs last year but she cant half talk.Wink

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:57 on 3rd April 2014
She'll be right at home with you then James Wink
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:08 on 3rd April 2014
Aye she was tooSmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:12 on 3rd April 2014

Busy busy day out there....I was wondering about the Chile quakes going on, I know the area has had the largest quake ever recorded   worldwide in the past..I found out it is an "mining" town...maybe things falling through?...last couple of days 28 quakes...18 of them high 4 mag to mid 5 mag..should of been felt...1.. 7.6 aftershock of the 8.2 quake on April 1.Five people have died, two incoming tsunami's..around 7 feet high, 928,000 people displaced.. 2,500 houses sustained serious damage...fractures in the ground raised it several feet upward along the coast....Landslides...but considering all that's going on right now....very little damage...they say from the recent strict building codes they put into law after the last one took place killing people in the thousands.Citzens are sleeping on the streets, at sport centerfields,concert arenas, school fields, parks and along the edges of parking garages. As an "sentivive" it's made me pretty sick this last week...been talking to Earthquake Mary about that one.  Waiting for it all to calm down again.

We came home last night and around the corner and standing there in the street with an basketball in his hands...was an kid I couldn't take my eyes off of, I'd never seen in our area before...he had crystal clear blue eyes, and his skin had kind of  an light bronze glow to it..short curly hair around his head..he almost looked like an statue that was alive from the Roman era, had it not been for his basketball suit he was wearing...and he stared at me, as we made eye contact....He dissapeared as fast as he appeared in ways. I've had my thoughts on how Hawaii is doing with the quake, they might of been getting smaller tsunami's.....aren' t you glad that England doesn't have this kind of stuff going on. I'm ready for my nightly "fish sandwhich" this week rustyruth. Weather not to bad today...and I must get going and get something done around my house....did pretty good on doing needed done yesterday. Week is going quickly.

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 21:35 on 3rd April 2014

Just read your latest update about Manston John, not good at all. It is not just the loss of history and heritage or the loss of all the employment it is the invation and disruption of all the new houses that is bound to follow.

Ruth, I see a trip to Wales is up next, where are you heading for? We have lined up a Wales trip later this year as well. 

Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 21:56 on 3rd April 2014
Been to Wales many time, lovely place. My dad was from Aberdare in the South Wales valleys, but have been all over. Can't think of anywhere that I would not recommend
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 22:07 on 3rd April 2014

Pembroke for us, castle hunting again. Built by William Marshal- another from the family tree ( but I hasten to add , not on my side )

Back in the very early 70's stayed in LLantwit Major while working on R A F St. Athan, John would have had a ball there, I remeber seeing Shackleton, Victor, Vulcan landing,Hunters- oh the list goes on.

Edited by: Vince Hawthorn at:3rd April 2014 22:14
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 22:18 on 3rd April 2014
Yep, been to Pembroke too. The UK's smallest city, St Davids, is in Pembroke and well worth a visit. A LOT of history in South West Wales.