Blakeney

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

Church

Sheringham

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

Shanklin Promenade

Shanklin

in the county of Isle of Wight

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

I've donated to help save POE

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:35 on 3rd March 2014
On 2nd March 2014 19:52, Neil Rodgers wrote:

On its way Ron via Cyber Space 20 smackers.

In addition Ron I will offer the following in return for all the advice and assistance POE has given me on the Thread Meditation and Relaxation this for a period of one month in the first instance.

The viewings on the thread Meditation and Relaxation are nearing 23000.

Pictures of England have helped my site to achieve much higher rankings on Google, without the assistance from Pictures of England it would have taken me years to achieve this status, so I appeal on behalf of POE to all future viewers of my site.

Please download one of my CD Meditation productions they are the lowest price ever. 

Become part of Neil's world experience a life without worries meditate your worries away, at the most it will only cost you a minimum purchase of 1.99 USD.

In return I will donate 66% of the revenue to POE if sufficient are downloaded POE will have no worries.

Download any Meditation CD from www.neishameditations.com  and support Pictures of England

Neil Rodgers

neishameditations. com 

Neil has made this generous gesture and I would recommend you take this offer up. It is a three way win situation- Neil will benefit , YOU will benefit and of course POE WILL BENEFIT .  We have added this to our other relaxation cds from Neil and the " Bluebell Wood" has proved to be a great addition. 

DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO SAVE POE AND THEN RELAX - BUT NOT BEFORE WE HAVE SECURED POE'S FUTURE. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 21:44 on 3rd March 2014
I'm going to buy some more of Neil CD's tomorrow, every little helps, oh no I sound like a supermarket advert Frown
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:11 on 4th March 2014
On 3rd March 2014 21:03, Dave John wrote:

I have no idea what hosting costs are to run a website like this but just out of interest almost 3 years to the day of my first submission 27-2-11was the last (hopefully only temporary) submission 1-3-14

My first picture is number 113215 the most recent is 1188774. That is a staggering 56619 images uploaded in 3 years which averages out to 52 uploads a day

As I say I don't know what the hosting costs are but that is one hell of a number of photos to be paying for on what is primarily a FREE site !!!!!

Went to bed early to get my leg up (yes UP) need to get rid of fluid on the leg that builds up during the day, but in response Dave I am not privy to costs, neither would I ask. That said, if C&S get through this immediate funding problem I know they are planning to provide some kind of chart or 'fund raising target' to let members see exactly where their money goes, so fingers crossed and hoping Houdini's Chris and Sarah escape this one allowing them to keep this great site, probably the best England site on the net going, with your help of course.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 12:50 on 4th March 2014
It is the best England site Ron Smile

Edited by: rustyruth at:4th March 2014 14:38
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 17:10 on 4th March 2014
Six new pictures have appeared in latest pictures, how have they got there ?
Martin Humphreys
Martin Humphreys
quotePosted at 17:26 on 4th March 2014

Hi Ruth ..  I've just noticed that also ... good question ? Rather embarrasing also if these two haven't donated anything either ? & I'm not saying they haven't of course.

Does anyone have any update on where we are with the timescale of what's to be done regarding the funding should the figure required not be reached ? Are we talking days or weeks before a final decision is made?

Pat Trout
Pat Trout
quotePosted at 17:32 on 4th March 2014
If  i am lucky enough to sell any pics, i will donate the  money to POE.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 17:51 on 4th March 2014

I'd noticed the lack of gold stars too Martin. I can't answer your question though, I think Ron is the man for that.

Hi Pat, I think a few of us have decided to do that, it seems like a very good idea. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:20 on 4th March 2014

Various questions, mostly down to Chris and Sarah who even though you don't hear much from them are working furiously backend to save POE.

The pictures on the home page could only have been added (or changed) by C&S and as for the timescale Martin, that also is for C&S who will be making a statement soon as to whether enough has been done, and/or whether they can afford to keep it going.

C'mon guys n gals stay positive!

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:18 on 4th March 2014

Seems very odd but could be that they were uploaded just before the cutoff and only just been approved ?? Just a thought. And yes a serious lack of stars too. 

As to donating proceeds for sales I have already been fortunate enough to be able to tell Chris and Sarah to keep the lot. May only have been a small size sale but £5 is £5 and my share at £2.50 is needed more by POE than by me. 

Positive is the only way Ron, albeit unfortunately just from the relatively few regulars or whatever easy you want to call us.