Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Cow and Calf Rocks Ilkley

Ilkley

in the county of West Yorkshire

Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

Holmfirth

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "52"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 08:44 on 22nd February 2014

Hi there..Ok I think I'm done for the most part on the writing, have an few things to finsish off on what I wrote..namely doing an copy of it for myself and finding some chartwork I'd like to add. About 160 pages.

Plus I've written 48 pages on the book series so far this winter. So I'm tired and it's time to go to bed, so talk later on.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:35 on 22nd February 2014
Good Morning to all who are about --whats everyone up to??Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 11:21 on 22nd February 2014
On 22nd February 2014 08:44, sk lawson wrote:

Hi there..Ok I think I'm done for the most part on the writing, have an few things to finsish off on what I wrote..namely doing an copy of it for myself and finding some chartwork I'd like to add. About 160 pages.

Plus I've written 48 pages on the book series so far this winter. So I'm tired and it's time to go to bed, so talk later on.

Are you planning to get it published on completion Shirley?
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 12:51 on 22nd February 2014
Afternoon everyone, not a bad day today, nothing exciting planned, we're going to look at and repair mums fence which has taken a battering with the recent wind. So that's my afternoon sorted Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 14:46 on 22nd February 2014
Good Afternoon--not many about to-day.?Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:14 on 22nd February 2014
I'm just taking a break from messing with a fence Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:20 on 22nd February 2014
Had an easy one to-day nothing exiting--ok over there Ruth??Wink
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:58 on 22nd February 2014

wide didn't know the the earth revolves around the sun, they answered just the opposite...pretty soon they will be back to falling off the edge of the earth if they travel the oceans at this rate of nonsense. Maybe that should be an electronic game? They know little about the Native Americans beyond beating drums and butchering..and bad Europeans. Genealogy has gone to the highest bidder these days for infornation to access it...people are making up thier own stories to compensate for that one. So I felt the need to preserve and inform I guess you could say, but since nephew Chris... is into being an high school level English teacher...he said last time we talked.. now into history himself...that maybe sending this to him that some day he could do it justice and write it up. At one time I did booklets for the family..to the tune of some 300 pages of genealogy charts for them to work at filling in and keeping up todate (in all over 3,000 pages of charts and relatives back to 1800's here of the Lawson's an allied kindships, documents...then I get calls from the kids wanting to know what I know...and wonder if any of the parents kept the information on those group charts. My hubby's former boss was kind eough to let us use his office machines at night to print them all out. We made up one booklet for each sister and brother of my hubby's...and my mother's side has thier own also..and not kept up either with my cousin's generation and thier children that I know of...what they wrote on the Davis family, I disagree with also ...It's that old adage..at any given time you can travel down an different pathway. But that is my basis of all this work over the years.Lawson group. They just worked them over also via DNA analysis...I am glad she sent me the information on that one...cause I doubt it's going to exist in the future as it was at one time. Most historians know this is happening...and we have an ring of us that know  to share our information so we have more then one copy of it.

Someone is taking out the beginning of my text postings...sissiy is over here getting my security settings to change them all...track whose in them...so I really can't say much more right now. Other then there's an bunch of moron's out there these days. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:15 on 22nd February 2014

The hough family in Illinois was never spelled like that..I took out history of the area when I was back there and have kept them...the family was Capt William Haw, and methodist minister.  Elizabeth Davis has been changed..one minute she's "indian" the next she's the wife of Thomas Davis. They now say that Jeremiah's second wife is legal heir of the family by way of control...and I Understand why "Florence" when she was alive sent me an letter or what the family found many many years ago...the cemetary of Rev. Edward Chenoweth has been bulldozed over for housing, stones all pushed to along the back, if they havent' been hauled away by now...and the marker "lone Tree" has fallen...so vital to their early history...as an Indian trail marker. Rev. Edward Chenoweth m. Mary Wilson in Berkely Co., Va...having come from Tennessee and prior Virginia. The Wilson family is the name that an William Larkin that was Quaker and died remarried in Virginia. They have my ancestor into an church squabble back there...just an bucnch of baloney for the most sake. They make my Lawson's sould like crappy illiterate hillbillies....two of them that I talk to as historians, one of them belong to the Colonial Dames of America, and has served as thier President, school teacher and long time Baptist church member...the other one joined the DAR...under the presitegious Randolph..Clariborn family of early Virginia. But you would never know it from someone controlling the family in Missouri/Kentucky....Now it's lost through DNA anlysis and I've heard that before...it's still an matter of how someone wants another "related" in history. so I go for now..I have Spring flowers to plant.

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:24 on 22nd February 2014

You can always put them up without them being for sale John, lots of pictures are interesting without taking into account their saleability.

All is well here James thanks, I think we've seen the end of the decent weather again after today Frown