Eltham

in the county of Greater London

Coventry

Coventry

in the county of West Midlands

Buttermere

Buttermere

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "52"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 43 Next >

Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 19:56 on 18th February 2014

My, doesn't this thread go by quickly. Its great though. 

We're actually having some NICE winter weather right now. Cold, but not too cold, wet, but not too wet, snow in the mountains. Yeah, I'll take that

I fell over this morning. I haven't fallen over in a long time, and I was shocked at how shocked I was. I went down hard, after tripping over the curb, and have some scrapes and bruises as tokens  .

Don't think I want to repeat that. It made me realise how falling can really damage the elderly, if it left me shaken.

I'm OK though, so no worries.

Edited by: Sue H at:18th February 2014 23:19
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:11 on 18th February 2014

The thread goes by so quickly Sue because we're all chatter boxes Laughing

Hope your bruises aren't too bad, falling can come as quite a shock, you know you're going down but don't ever seem to be able to react quick enough to protect yourself.

Our vet who's in her 50's fell on the ice last year and broke her left arm in several places, she ended up potted up. A week later she fell again and smashed up her right arm. Two pots, her poor husband who is the other vet in the family business was left to do everything both at work and home, wasn't long before he was looking very frayed around the edges. 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 22:34 on 18th February 2014
Plaster casts John Smile Probably a Northern term.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 22:36 on 18th February 2014
  Sorry to hear of your tumble Sue, trust all will be  well quickly-  you do have to be very careful you know, gravity can be very dodgy stuff.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:55 on 19th February 2014

I fell to day also Sue, nothing to unusal..my normal "Christain" signs of persecution....with wounds looking like nail holes in my hands and the knee bleeding and my face scrapped also. I was quite shaken up also. Good thing I was wearing my heavy blue jeans though..it could of been worse. This goes an long ways back now with Stoner Chris and my son also falling many years ago..they life flighted Chris to OHSU from the school yard at Estacada....at that time, I was to scared to be frightened. Made him look at me and not take his eyes off me...as I pulled of some "spiritual stuff" to help save his life until the ambulance came, I called on everyone, including the ladies of Elks Lodge back then to help me, my mother also...beecause the bible says" the women administered to him". Then I cried...and cried some more..then...after Chris left...my son was allowed to get up..as I was taking my own son into our local hospital...and cried some more.  Now, I tell you all.. you go "rock climbing"..then anchor yourself.... on every step you take...don' t take an second to look at the pretty view...anchor yourself first. Later I would find out one of the Scout instructors feel to his death...thinking he'd anchored himself when he didn't, in short walk off the cliff backwards to his death. There were times I don't know what I would of done, had not Ron, an senior scout showed up...that became his friend and his best man at his wedding. He was there when id didmy lopity do on ski's up at Mt. Hood..and had an three hour ordeal getting to the Hospital downtown for an leg cast, he was there after my son's car blew up in our driveway, with him behind the wheel, I thought I'd lost him, to find out that the extra padding for an firewall someone had put in the car saved his life, the explosion was so loud we had neighbors running down here about an block away, and he was with my son... when Sarah and him nearly" broke up" one time having had an argument at an party, he went and picked him up before he did anything dumb acting, they took her home rather then leave her with the rest of the guys there...an friend is an friend I guess. They apologized to each other the next day...talked things out better.

I got all this having going over to the neighbors house, my hubby's sign about the broken limbs in the tree had fallen off an day or so ago(heavy wind and rain)... and one of her clients was parked underneath the tree. So I explained the ice damage on the tree, and told her she left her car in jeopardy... and she grabbed her keys and I went out with her, missed the step she has on her walkway.. and fell face forward on their cement walkway...hard..and I wasn't expecting it. But I assume I'll be "OK"...used some of my nasty French tongue though as I was getting up..my mouth just spews out the words so easily these days...I use to never swear much...but any more. I guess it's my getting into old age now.

Hope your "OK" Sue. I hope you never have to watch someone fall off an cliff... and bounce up in the air.... off his head like he was an basketball.  Yes, I even called on my friend's son "Micheal" whom had an head injury from an car wreck one time... and later died. Just get so tired of this being hurt thing, being sick, any more...just get so tired of it. It's an "saving grace" that I come out of these ordeals at times. My brother goes to the doctor tomarrow, his pain pills aren' t keeping him out of pain he says...while his wife went today to see if she could take up her next nursing course.. to get her Master's degree starting at the end of March. She's already served time working as an "charge nurse" at an nursing home, before her head tumor and operation came up. But anyway...I think I go for now. It's been an long day for me. I went looking for an notebook for all the writing I have been doing for Christopher, my nephew...so I can take it up to him, or send it some day. I thought he'd be the best to hold onto the old legacy's I found some 40 years ago, as the new stuff is being rewritten and sometimes it's not the same information. I never found him an "notebook" instead he gets an soft leather one made like an case... from the Goodwill. Talk later on.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 09:26 on 19th February 2014
Get well soon girls from all at POE.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 10:42 on 19th February 2014

Good Morning to all --sorry to hear about your fall Sue //

Not such a bad day to-day at least its dry.Smile

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 11:16 on 19th February 2014

Sue Ron >>> Nevada to Wheatley

Look out Wheatley, here we come!

But that's the reality of it all Sue when you're big like us two are, it hurts when we fall! lol

Thinks......wait for it.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:19th February 2014 11:20
Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 14:20 on 19th February 2014

Hey, Ron! Watch who you're calling fat.

I lost some serious weight when I was doing radiation. Still, I did bounce, and definitely felt my weight when I hit the ground. 

So, looks like a tirfecta of hobblers on POE today. - I've been dying to use the trifecta. Its one of my favourites. -

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 14:36 on 19th February 2014

Afternoon everyone, hope everyone's knees, bashes and bumps are OK today Smile

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 43 Next >