Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Bournemouth Pier

Bournemouth

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

View from top of Rhayader Dam, Powys

Rhayader

in the county of Powys

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Please consider the 'sell factor' to help POE

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 23:35 on 25th January 2014
Some excellent advice there Paul, well worth our members taking note of, in particular 5, 6 and very the very important 7 ! ! !  However 4 is a good point regarding the sky etc, but if you are at a location for a one day visit you simply have to take what is thrown at you on the day. If you live in Cornwall and are taking a picture in the Scottish Highlands it is not very easy to go back on a better day..... as all the magazines suggest you should.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:32 on 10th February 2014
You guys n gals have probably noticed it already, but under the decription box when you submit pictures, you will note an opportunity to add keywords. This will help your photo's to be found in the search engines so don't forget to add them please, with just a comma separating each word (no space) Thanks.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 15:00 on 10th February 2014
Thanks Ron, just spotted the new feature, managed to take a photo today without being blown away or drenched.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 23:56 on 16th February 2014
   I have one question, once a picture is loaded - is it possible to add it to the for sale list if one has forgotten to tick the box? Also having had a blanket for sale added to all existing pics that one has on POE, can a selected few be cancelled ( eg ones taken on N.T. property of a building of theirs as we know there could be issues with sales of such pics ) ?
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 15:12 on 17th February 2014
On 16th February 2014 23:56, Vince Hawthorn wrote:
   >>> Also having had a blanket for sale added to all existing pics that one has on POE, can a selected few be cancelled ( eg ones taken on N.T. property of a building of theirs as we know there could be issues with sales of such pics ) ?>>>

This is an interesting question, since the N.T. handbook states that amateur photography is welcomed at N.T. locations outdoors, and subject to certain conditions, at N.T. locations indoors (without flash).

The handbook also states that requests for commercial photography need to be approved through the Broadcast and Media Manager.

I think most members of  PoE would be happy to class themselves as amateurs. As such, at the time the the picture was taken, there was no intention to make a commercial profit from it. Now that PoE gives the option of selling an image, does this retrospectively make the photography commercial? Personally I think not, unless the photographer gets very lucky with a shed-load of requests. However, this could all be subject to legal interpretation,  so as Vince suggests, anyone who is worried might want to remove their N.T. images from sale. 

Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 18:12 on 17th February 2014

I would like to refer back to the initial post in this thread, asking for people submitting images to be a little more selective, taking into account the sell factor. To be honest, there still seems to be a delluge of similar themed pictures being submitted. In my view, it does take the "shine off" opening up the latest pictures. If I were a potential buyer, I might find it a bit hard sorting out the wood from the trees so to speak.

POE remains very close to my heart, and the many images are still worth the trawl.  

Interesting points about NT properties, as I have submitted quite a few pictures taken both inside and out at their sites.  In fact the very first one was of Chirk Castle, rather a long time ago now. 

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 18:16 on 17th February 2014
On 16th February 2014 23:56, Vince Hawthorn wrote:
   I have one question, once a picture is loaded - is it possible to add it to the for sale list if one has forgotten to tick the box? Also having had a blanket for sale added to all existing pics that one has on POE, can a selected few be cancelled ( eg ones taken on N.T. property of a building of theirs as we know there could be issues with sales of such pics ) ?

Log in to the site, click on your 'My Pictures' link then click on one of the groups of pictures, such as your Great Chalfield Manor & Garden pictures. There should now be an option in there to remove each picture individually from being on sale. Hope that helps.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:38 on 17th February 2014

Hi C & S, indeed that is just what the doctor ordered, I am sure I will not be the first or last to forget to tick the box and there ought to be  some sorting the appropiate from the non- sellers- just got to see if anyone wants to buy any now.

Many thanks. 

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 13:13 on 18th February 2014
Note to PoE, clicking the button to remove the picture from sale only removes the 'Click to Buy this Image' hyperlink underneath the picture. The hyperlink further up the screen 'Buy Image' is still active and opens the e -mail dialogue, even though the picture is not for sale, perhaps causing confusion to someone who wants to buy the image. 

Edited by: Edward Lever at:18th February 2014 19:51
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 21:43 on 20th February 2014
On 18th February 2014 13:13, Edward Lever wrote:
Note to PoE, clicking the button to remove the picture from sale only removes the 'Click to Buy this Image' hyperlink underneath the picture. The hyperlink further up the screen 'Buy Image' is still active and opens the e -mail dialogue, even though the picture is not for sale, perhaps causing confusion to someone who wants to buy the image. 

Thanks Edward. This link should no longer show if the image is not for sale.