Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Queen Victoria

Southampton

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Please consider the 'sell factor' to help POE

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:56 on 22nd January 2014

Members, with the flood of images being submitted POE is going to have to be more selective in approving what is considered acceptable, or not as the case may be, so please consider specifically the saleability of your images.

For example, is it honestly a picture of England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and who would buy them, why might they buy them and am I being fair to POE in asking them to pay for the hosting of images that may never sell? There are more questions of course, but another might be is the quality good enough?

You may already be saying 'who is he to decide what we submit' and the answer is I am not deciding what you submit, but I am asking you to consider carefully if you think it's fair to ask POE to host it for you based on the sell factor.

I am bound to upset somebody, because although I already delete lots of images, even more will be deleted, and more will be deleted from existing accounts.

Chris and Sarah are making more changes as I write and will comment soon.

Thank you for understanding

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 18:10 on 22nd January 2014

Understood Ron.

I've just nearly got my 5 megre uploads in a row, but failed Smile 

Edited by: rustyruth at:22nd January 2014 18:29
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 18:32 on 22nd January 2014
Ron, two identical picture of Castle Combe have crept onto what is for the moment page 1 Smile
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 18:34 on 22nd January 2014

Well said Ron. 

Onward and upward. 

Rod.  

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:52 on 22nd January 2014

Thanks Ruth I'll find them right now...

Sorted Ruth, thank you.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:22nd January 2014 18:55
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:03 on 22nd January 2014
Well said Ron, but I think something like this should go on a mass mailing. I am fairly sure this will only reach a handful of members, ie those who regularly use the forums. And if you offend anyone they can always reply or walk away...
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:04 on 22nd January 2014

Thanks Rod.

Chris and Sarah are making other changes that will be announced just as soon as they can, but this is a common sense thing that you guys have discussed here in the forum and one that POE has acted upon.

Unfortunately the deletes will upset some, and I am not qualified to comment on the technicalities of an image so if it happens to be one of the regular members please accept my apologies now.

If too many shots of the same subject are submitted for example, it's another good reason to delete. Blatant OTT advertising re a hotel or restaurant in the image description are others that get deleted regularly.

Hopefully as we get to grips with the latest influx of images and the changes that are going to happen take place, things will return to 'normal' so hang on in there guys n gals!

As ever Chris and Sarah very much appreciate your continued support....thank you to all.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:30 on 22nd January 2014

Ron tell me, is the 'automatic acceptance' open to all or does it have to be earned?? Judging by the sheer numbers uploaded since Saturday I feel it is open to all. Maybe that is an area that should reinvestigated. I know it is more work for somebody but a few rejections with reasons might make people think. Just basic things like compostion, exposure, muliple images of more or less the same view. And my biggest hate horizions not level and uprights not vertical.

May still be a bit early but the 'madness' of the lqast few days seems to abating, as we thought it would. It has to be said that amongst the mass of uploads there have been some very nice images but also many that leave an awful lot to be desired.  

So roll on whatever updates Chris and Sarah are working on and lets hope they bring a bit of sanity back to the scene. 

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:41 on 22nd January 2014
Just taken a quick squint through the 'latest comments' link and what did I find ..... the vast majority of comments from the regulars!!!
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:52 on 22nd January 2014
Absolutely right John the choice is there for all. To be honest I have told Chris and Sarah that can mark all my pics for sale which they have done. If I sell just one I will be a happy bunny, if I don't sell any I shall still be a happy bunny. I am on here to enjoy and get inspiration and ideas from looking at the photographs of others. If others get the same feeling from mine then that is a good trade. But as I think 'we' are all thinking a bit of greed has taken over with some members.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >