Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Fisherman's Return - Fleetwood, Lancashire

Fleetwood

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Famous Obituaries

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Andreas LindbergPremier Member - Click for more info
Andreas Lindberg
quotePosted at 12:49 on 1st July 2017
Allan Holdsworth, master guitarist, a truly unique genius that defies adequate description, died on 15 April 2017 at his home in California, at the age of 70.

Surely unknown to many, Bradford-born Holdsworth was an unrivalled jazz/fusion musician with an understanding of harmonics and an out-of-this-world playing technique that dwarfed the collective achievements of generations of brilliant guitarists.
His music was extremely complex and neither geared towards nor possible to be accessible to the masses, but if struck by it, indescribably rewarding. It is utterly unlikely that the world will see such virtuosity ever again.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 18:53 on 2nd July 2017
Barry Norman, film critic, has died aged 83. He was best known for presenting 'Film', a film review programme, on the BBC from 1972 to 1998.
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 19:05 on 2nd July 2017
On 16th January 2017 08:26, Edward Lever wrote:
On 15th January 2017 23:46, Rod Burkey wrote:

He might have taken a quick look at PoE. 

I have a book of his portraits and they still look very good. They are well exposed and sharp. Also they convey a lot about the subjects. Trends change but quality still counts.  

A remarkably quick look, no doubt.

Well quick look or not, it would have been a privilege to know he had looked at poe, if he ever did. And who knows.. maybe he would of enjoyed some of what he saw. I'm sure that simply seeing people of all abilities enjoying photography would have made him happy regardless. It's nice to think so anyway.
 Please login to post to this thread...