Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Kersey

Kersey

in the county of Suffolk

A river in Doncaster

Doncaster

in the county of South Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

UKIP are gaining ground, fast!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ken Marshall
Ken Marshall
Posted at 12:10 on 2nd February 2013

"A European Commission scheme is offering nearly £1,000 to unemployed European youths to come and work in the UK.

The incentive, called "Your First EURES Job", aims to boost youth employment by making it easier for young people to find work in other EU countries.

Jobseekers are invited to apply for up to £244 to cover the cost of attending an interview in the UK and a payment of up to £814 if they get the job.The scheme is also open for UK residents seeking work abroad.

Tim Aker, from the Get Britain Out The EU campaign, said: “No wonder we’re all fed up with the EU.

“Mass unemployment caused by the eurozone is the eurozone’s problem. The EU shouldn’t undercut British workers by offering British jobs to unemployed Europeans.”

The scheme is open to any EU national aged 18-30 and will offer advice and guidance on finding a job as well as financial support to up to 5,000 young people.The Department for Work and Pensions has said that the scheme will not place jobseekers in areas that have high unemployment."

It would make far more sense to get unemployed British citizens into the British workforce instead of giving British jobs to unemployed foreigners.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/21/youth-unemployment-scheme-eu-youths-jobs-britain_n_1997239.html

Edited by: Ken Marshall at:2nd February 2013 23:57
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
Posted at 14:20 on 2nd February 2013

It is truly horrifying to read this, considering our own youth unemployment. Perhaps it is not surprising, considering who our senior EU representative is............. 

Baroness Ashton

George Woodward
George Woodward
Posted at 15:57 on 2nd February 2013

Just read about Ashton's attendence record,so what does she actually do for her £230,000 a year?

During my time at work,no showing up for work= no pay.Mind you from what I've read Gordon Brown dosn't show his face much in the House of Commons. 

George Woodward
George Woodward
Posted at 16:15 on 2nd February 2013

Just viewed Gordon Brown's attendence record in the Commons,out of 236 votes,he took part in 27,and has made one speech since the last election and that was on aircraft carriers.

The question I would be asking him is,do you still want to be employed not?There's plenty of people out there who would be glad of his job and do it for a lot less money. 

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
Posted at 17:17 on 2nd February 2013
I suspect Gordon Brown doesn't dare show his face very often these days....after wrecking private pension schemes (including mine), destroying the prosperity of this country, selling off our gold reserves at rock-bottom prices, introducing the most complex tax schemes in the world, encouraging mass immigration, calling ordinary folk bigots.....doh !
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 17:48 on 2nd February 2013

I can't write what I feel here in the POE forum because it's a family friendly site. I am just so disgusted with it all.

We really do need to help Nigel Farage (UKIP) sort this Country out. Please members, just read through these posts and do the right thing to help our beautiful Country before it's too late.

Pledge support for UKIP at the next Election.

Anna and I will be voting for UKIP.

Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 18:00 on 2nd February 2013
Me too Ron
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:02 on 2nd February 2013
Plus another 2 here.
Ken Marshall
Ken Marshall
Posted at 00:18 on 3rd February 2013

"Until recently, Moldova’s 4.1 million citizens could only enter the UK with a notoriously hard to get visa.

Now a staggering 10,000 a month are bypassing the restrictions by snapping up Romanian passports.

All they have to do is show they have a great-grandparent of Romanian descent — a simple task for almost every Moldovan because of the countries’ historic links.

And there are fears the problem will get even worse once limits on Romanian working rights in Britain — a safeguard imposed when Romania joined the EU — end in 2013.

Soon it will be even easier to get a job in Britain with a Romanian passport and even more will want to come.

Even the wage of a simple worker in Britain is more than you can earn working in Moldova. If people know about the benefits, it will encourage them even more.

Romania wants Moldovans to replace the exodus of its own citizens who have left for EU countries like Britain that offer better wages and a welfare state.

Critics are now calling for Britain to take back control of its borders to stop the flow of migrants from Eastern Europe.

UKIP leader Nigel Farage said: “It is outrageous that the Romanian government can have such an impact on UK immigration, and because of the EU there is nothing we can do about it.

“If we want to take back control we need to leave the EU.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4588046/Thousands-of-Moldovans-queue-for-passports-to-UK-in-Euro-loophole.html#ixzz2Jn2obOe3

Ken Marshall
Ken Marshall
Posted at 00:18 on 3rd February 2013

A TIDAL wave of Romanian and Bulgarian immigrants is threatening to swamp Britain — and flood our overstretched jobs market.

An EU law means that from 2014, more than 29 million people from the two countries will be entitled to apply for any UK job.

Many Romanians and Bulgarians are already free to come here if they have a guarantee of UK work before they leave their home country.

But many thousands more are here working illegally for cash. One, Romanian Parafeni Vasile, 36, earns up to £130 for a day’s labouring. And he predicted: “All my friends will come in 2014. Why not?”

At the moment, Romanians and Bulgarians wishing to come to Britain can obtain  a National Insurance Number only if they they have a guaranteed job before they arrive.

But the Government has to lift that employment restriction by January 1, 2014.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4637926/Wave-of-Romanian-and-Bulgarian-immigrants-is-threatening-to-swamp-Britain.html#ixzz2Jn9fjSzr

Britain is heading for a fifth year of falling living standards, with official figures showing a decline in average earnings growth last year from 1.7% to 1.4%.

Edited by: Ken Marshall at:3rd February 2013 07:08