Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Tamper locomotive.

Ealing

in the county of Greater London

Historic Lime Kilns at Froghall, Staffordshire

Froghall

in the county of Staffordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

UKIP are gaining ground, fast!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

George Woodward
George Woodward
Posted at 15:50 on 3rd April 2014

Clegg sounded like he was going into a party political broadcast just before half way through,and when Nigel said he was telling lies with Clegg saying we are governed with 7% of EU laws,I wished he had added he has a record of telling lies.

A win for Nigel,without a doubt 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
Posted at 21:13 on 4th April 2014

Another point that Nigel Farage made is that the British public are sick of the political elite. What better example is the conspiracy of the snout-in-trough brigade (of both mainstream parties) to let Maria Miller (the Tory Culture Secretary) wriggle off the hook for fiddling her housing expenses.

The amount the Parliamentary Standards Commissioner said she should hand back was £45,000. In the end, the MP's Standards Committee ruled that the amount she should hand back was just £5,800 and make an apology to Parliament. Her apology to the house on Thursday lasted just 32 seconds. Easy money, eh, Pip!  Pip!

No wonder we are sick of the mainstream parties and the brazen sleazy expense fiddling.  

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 23:12 on 4th April 2014

Nicely put Edward and unfortunately very true!

Nigel is going to have to clear up big time when they get elected.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:22 on 22nd April 2014

The recent claims against Nigel Farage came to nothing, proof that you can't do better than support UKIP with an honest policy including us getting out of Europe.

I reckon the only people doing any stirring for UKIP are those who know they are going to lose out big time at the next Elections, both EU and UK

Keep up the good work Nigel Farage.

Mick Ascroft
Mick Ascroft
Posted at 00:49 on 23rd April 2014

Ron, your a star

Glad to see your still on here, I will be voting UKIP this time and I can honestly say I havnt voted for over 25 years because, lets face it, it would have been a waste of space.

Im taking the plunge this time because ive had enough of being treated like a second class citizen in my own country

Its time for change 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:31 on 23rd April 2014

I think there are many who feel that way Mick and the proof will be in the pudding so to speak.You said it all >>>I've had enough of being treated like a second class citizen in my own country!

The EU Elections first and then the UK Election coming. Frankly I can't wait to see the Tories, Labour and Libdems get the biggest kicking ever!

Lets face it, they really have feathered their own nests and quite literally totally ignored the people who voted them in, so change has to come as you say Mick.

Well done Nigel Farage and UKIP!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 06:50 on 25th April 2014

We shall see if you are correct John in due course. There are many people who say many things about us all, no matter what we do, where we work, who we are, but at the end of the day it's a question of who delivers what, and so now it will be down to Farage to deliver.

Farage was a former Tory man under Thatcher, does that help?

Colleen Warne
Colleen Warne
Posted at 07:39 on 25th April 2014
I agree with John I think the UKIP may have good ideas but I am concerned about Farage he seems to have personal issues and I dont know that I would trust him to me he doesnt come across as an honest strong leader. There is just something about him call it intuition

Edited by: colleen warne at:25th April 2014 07:41
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 11:22 on 25th April 2014

So Colleen, what does your 'intuition' tell you about Cameron, Clegg or Miliband? Will you waste another vote by adding your support for any one of them ever again?

As far as I am concerned Farage is a breath of fresh air, but he needs us to support him to be able to make change.

As a matter of interest, what do you mean by 'he seems to have personal issues'? Don't we all have personal issues to contend with at different times and haven't the people referred to above all got 'personal issues' .....maybe more so than Farage, as they are in the news a great deal more and for what, their stupid ideas

Cameron was on the local news last night looking at holes in the roads, but for what reason? Truth is he announced an increase to Local Council funding and wanted praise for same, rather than just getting on with it.

You also say 'he doesn't come across as an honest strong leader'. Lets break that down, on what do you base your statement about his honesty, what do you know that others don't maybe? Don't you think the newspapers would be full of it if there were problems? And 'strong'......... you have to be kidding surely, as he speaks his mind in the EU and tells it as it is here in the UK. What more do you want from a LEADER?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 18:51 on 28th April 2014

Still have fluid on the knee and ankle John but overall a little better for the TKR I think.

As for Nigel Farage, the show is about to begin so settle down and enjoy it!