Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Alum Bay

Freshwater

in the county of Isle of Wight

Weymouth

Weymouth

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "59"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 21:21 on 27th November 2014
  Evening everybody, got to agree with all above comments. I am sure to keep the site running it would be impossible to get it all done in one hit and I guess there will be odd things such as the latest posts out of action for a while. All in all it is taking great shape.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:28 on 27th November 2014
Evening Vince
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 21:52 on 27th November 2014
  Hi James, all ok with you?
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:57 on 27th November 2014
All is well up here my friendSmile

editPosted at 07:34 on 28th November 2014

Ron, you can use any of them, you soak them in Soy Sauce for about 1/2 hour or so, if you like soy, longer then shorter..then wrap in half an slice of bacon, and I microwaved them until they were well stiffen around the chestnut...they put them in some veggie oil so the bacon got crisp, I've seen people use an broiler to do this but my oven was filled up then. For me they were an appetizer to enhance an New England Clam chowder, with potato/cheese/bacon bit addition, along with some flaked salmon..all in an mild base of pureed califlower and leek onion also...I liked it. No one outstripped the other and the appetizers went well with it. 

My kids took off to the Black Friday sales..I had my sister with me and ended things on an sour note with my brother...he did the wrong thing....as an" Lion" he roared into the face of an "Eagle" who simply flew off.... not giving an crap about about his "roaring" ways.  Eagles you know have been around since Egyptian days, Roman days and of course is an symbol of "Americans". ..I am told that I am an "old soul" at that. He picks on my dead mother in unmercifully disrespectful way about something I have no idea where he got his ideas.  He comes on like King Henry VIII...and I came very short of "crowning" him tonight. He did manage to tell me something I've been hearing his wifey tell me she's been going through...in that when I told him to shut up about his thoughts concerning mother...whom he called an "whore" in her day...he came back on this it's my house bit, if you don't like it," leave"....and I got up and said "gladly"..."your acting like an asshole dear brother...and I hope "god" shows you the light someday"....my sister stood there looking petrified almost.  Good bye!....and God knows I meant it. As Henry VIII, he's on his fifth wifey and death came to the King back then afterwards in history. Once again, could this be the so called "Satan" effect Red Elk mentioned?......by that I mean an spirit "walk-in" from the other side. I felt much negativity just walking into the house and feel like it needed an good cleansing of "spirit" and maybe that is exactly what it needs..exorsim..however that's spelled.  Eagles like to stand on lofty mountains and watch what goes on below them you know...and they claim that the Eagle was an messenger of "God" when the rays of the Sun burned him, but "arose" as the Phoneix from the Ashes ..as the Native Americans claim will come about after the world changes they fortell in thier prophecy.  They also say that" Quezecoytal"..the feathered serpent has mated with the "Great Thunderbird" already on these earth changes predicted...and that he will likewise gather his own before they happen also. Eagles really don't put up with to much by others either. They are patient people, but russle up thier feathers and they attack...and usually win over any land based animal...incuding "lions"...they have extremely sharp talons as well as beak. We have resident Eagles here and ond of them landed on my back patio on year after an snowstorm to eat in the bird feeder...it's wing span was like an small private airplane...it was that huge. I would say some 7-8 feet in all. They moved recently closer to the Sandy river though, due to the housing coming into our area. At anyway..he decreed to his wife with all her health problems to leave in January...as he did to me today. She has no job, she's working on her Master's nursing degree having had an brain anuism which they could only remove half of it...without effecting her speech vocals. But that is her problem and she sounds like she has no family support...but even her today was negative talking in what she was saying. She said the doctors told her that because of her medications she can't eat any salads...I've never heard of that one. I asked her if they meant salad dressing with "wine" or alchol in them perhaps...because that would be understandable. At the hospital, her wall chart said Warfarin and hepburn for the next 3 months...and her nurses name was "Carla"....and in this house... that would be the Hospice killer perhaps. I don' tknow about their house...opps...I mean "his" house. I feel Dee Dee has learned an very valuable lesson in not having her own place, which she said, she figured she would never come to any of this..and that's proably true..back when they married. I have sit down an had to be with her and had to listen to her "cry" so many times, because he was willing to leave her during her brain operation fo rfear he'd "lose HIS house" over medical expenses. Now you know "why" I let no man "own me" at any time. My hubby does an pretty good job of it already though. But my life, including my other family...knows I follow the God-given advice to not have any other "Gods" before thee, but the creator.  Last summer my brother told me HE was "God" and I told him who he was by name then...and meant that also. Told him then he wasn't making an very good "Anti-christ" is that was who he was impersonating. God is..that God is. I am..that I am bit. Anyway...I will not bore you with any more of this...I don't feel bad about not seeing him ever again, if that's his wish...I haven't much in his life already.  he is 11 years younger then I am, and I left my parents house at age 17...so we did not grow up together much of his life. What happened then I'm not sure.... but it doesn't seem like anything good came out of it so far for him. He has this way of manipulating people also...I don't know if calling mother an "whore in her day" meant he was waiting for me to be one or what...but it didn't excite me to much...Eagles aren't known for being highly sexed..they mate for life and it's most unusal for them to have more then two chicks...if that many. So that was Thanksgiving, shall we see what Christmas brings us all. I swear to God...I wonder whom his mother really was?..she was dead by the time he turned 18 years old...and he started right off that week moving women into dad's house...along with dear ole dad....while we watched an couldn't say an thing. If you ask me, they were the ones acting like whores. I see why mother died...she probably had no choice in the matter...they wanted her to so they could move on to something new for them. As I told my sister..."whores" are made by the men that take care of them...and how they take care of them also...women have lived in an world of my mother's age that was little more then... male domination and abuse. That is what has caused some females to prefer the lifestyle of another female these days...and many of those women, it was having an livelyhood and an place to live then it ever was "sex" between them. I go for now. As far as I can see, his "daughter' never showed up this weekend from down southern Oregon for Thanksgiving either.   

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:16 on 28th November 2014

Hi to all POEsters and thanks Shirley.

I'm going to try the Chestnut  appetizer, sounds really tasty.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:57 on 28th November 2014
Good Morning to all on this fine Autumnal day --enjoySmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 13:15 on 28th November 2014
Good afternoon everyone, as Pat would say the weather is grumpy here, still wet and foggy Frown
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:24 on 28th November 2014
Hi  ruth  you ok??Wink
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:06 on 28th November 2014
Hi James, yes I'm OK thanks, how about you, how's the leg ? Smile