Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Brightlingsea

Brightlingsea

a Seaside Town in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Another Scam

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:54 on 11th November 2014

Christmas is fast approaching,  Royal Mail & The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655.
For more information, see the Crime Stoppers website:
http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/crime-prevention/helping-prevent-crime/scams/postal-delivery-scam

Please be aware that the premium rate number may change but nevertheless please do not call any number stated on a card from PDS.

Can you please make all your family, friends and neighbours aware of the above.

Regards

Tony Morgan

Assistant Manager, Commercial Fraud Risk Management

Commercial Banking Control Function

COMMERCIAL BANKING

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 19:21 on 11th November 2014
Thank you for this James, I shall certainly pass it on. This is just the sort of thing that elderly people who don't recognise premium rate numbers will get taken in by. There are some scum out there.
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 10:40 on 12th November 2014

The undelivered parcel scam has been going on for quite a few years now. However, the figure of £315 is a hoax. The number quoted by James was shut down in 2005, and could only have charged at a maximum of £1.50 a minute (this is the maximum for an 0906 number).

However, no one wants to pay even this much, and no doubt there are scammers who will think it is worthwhile even at £1.50 a minute. Thank you James for reminding us to be vigilant at Christmas.

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 12:25 on 12th November 2014

Every way you turn someone is trying to lift your pocket the scams are never ending.

Please login to post to this thread...