Hoddesdon

in the county of Hertfordshire

A picture of Bardney

Bardney

in the county of Lincolnshire

Cardiff

Cardiff

in the county of Glamorgan

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "58"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:28 on 8th October 2014

I was an blond before my hair started turning white after my mother passed away. I see why she died come to think of everything going on

Ok, well, I'm here trying to get "Teresa" to finalized my Christmas outtings for the family to the Oregon Garden...Dec. 12th and 13th...she has one Queen sized room but working on the second one..admission for everyone and accomdations over night two nights, and breakfast buffet...and all the activites...I gave her my credit card number, but you know I have the cash already set aside for this...when we check out Sunday morning...I'm not done yet...Grandpa and I might head back to the house, but I'm setting up things for them kids and grandkids.. to spend the afternoon at the Waterpark at the Evergreen Aviation and Space museum along with the 747 water slides. Mom, dad and three kids...over 42 inches tall....then they can come back home for school the next day. Hope we can get the other room....as I wanted my son and his wifey after they arrive to go to the lounge and spend an few quiet moments with just each other also. That morning...I can do my walking at the Gardens area,..kids can go hot tubbing and the festivites start at 6 pm to 9pm that night with the lights and carolers and what not. This is it...their only Christmas present this year except for the grandkids. So let's hope it goes well as it should. 

Tonight is the "blood moon" eclipse which we can see here early in the morning before 5 am...for Isreal is is an harvest celebration. John Houge says its the "time" when God speaks to his people.  

In the meantime, another monster typhoon hit's Japan tomarrow, it looks worse then the last one leaving there. It was sad to think of the little kid from Kobe use to come to my house and know it got hit head on with the last typhoon...polite nice foreign exchange student he came and told me goodbye and thank you and after he left..he left on the table beside the computer we shared with him...an fan with an lucky lady bug on it.  Hope they get an lucky lady bug also. Hunker down as they say. The people with Gresham's sister City..made thier little garden island with an name I think they said meant "Crane" but in Japanese, it's got "Suri" in the middle of it. They now own the ground where my brother in-law grew up as an child....bought it from the city as  it was an City Park.

I walked my 5 miles today, but I'm still up an pound from in Sept. Not losing and those lab tests are coming up...scarey issue. I'm ready to start working on an Christmas box for Judy to send off also. And an garland for sissy in her room. I have two presents yet to buy for the boys yet and I'm done. Now for those rooms and we can say the Holidays were somewhat sucessful.  They had such an crappy time in Seattle at that baseball game earlier this year...with heckler that was an Seattle Mariner cutting the other team to pieces as they played...and lost the game...Boston Red Socks. This weekend she's suppose to go with the school to the San Juan Islands and it's not sounding any better an trip either. I hope she gets back before we start our week of rain an showers, and no one's crabby because we need the rain that badly. If it comes in as the tail end of one of these hurricanes things could kind of get an bit "dicey" around here. I go for now...have my sister here tonight also, see her weekly TV Show, we are trying to talk her in to an "tablet" that airs TV programs on it. We think she'd get more for her money.... then just the cable company on an tv set. Talk to you later on.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 06:55 on 8th October 2014
Teresa called back, she got both rooms and as far as I know, everything is set for Dec. 12th and 13th....let's hope so.  Kid's Christmas vacation from school starts Dec. 20th to Jan 5th this year.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:47 on 8th October 2014

You are one busy lady Shirley, you should be as thin as a rasher of bacon! lol

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are, have a great day.

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 12:55 on 8th October 2014
Good afternoon everyone. We intended to take mum for her birthday treat today to see the illuminations at Blackpool, but the forecast is not looking good for over there, plus we've just discovered the lights don't turn on until 7pm. So she's decided that she'd rather stay here and go out for a meal instead. We are rather late with this anyway, her birthday was in June.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:04 on 8th October 2014
Good Afternoon to all who are aroundSmile
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 15:40 on 8th October 2014
 Afternoon James and anyone else about.
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 16:07 on 8th October 2014
Afternoon James, Vince, and anyone else who's around, just leaving to collect mum, weather is taking a turn for the worst Frown

Edited by: rustyruth at:8th October 2014 16:08
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 17:51 on 8th October 2014

Weather has brightened up here now,

we went out and bought two new Recliner chairs , they cost more than our first house and Funiture put together, will have to make them last,

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:43 on 8th October 2014
Good Evening to all especially to the ones buying new chairsSmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:27 on 8th October 2014
Good evening everyone. Hope you're enjoying your new chairs Pat. We've had some torrential rain here this evening. Just glad we didn't venture over to Blackpool, it would have been awful on the motorway.