Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Kielder Water

Kielder

in the county of Northumberland

The museum at Berkswell, Warwickshire

Berkswell

in the county of West Midlands

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Immigrants at Calais, or so called Clandestine Passengers!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:47 on 24th September 2014

Lorry drivers tell of the risk at Calais with immigrants climbing onboard their vehicles in an attempt to get to England.

There is a huge fine per immigrant for those found with so called 'clandestine passenger's aboard whilst the Road Haulage Association working with the Home Office say they are grateful for any help available, but get this...

Twelve years ago I was the inventor of a concept that was granted a Patent, that could be fitted to all vehicles including Vans, Trucks, Trains, Helicopters, Lear Jets and Shipping and what happened? Well apart from an American from New Jersey, along with others, stealing the technology from me and the Patent then being allowed to expire in the UK as a result, nobody wanted to grasp the nettles to market the product, so the problem exists!

What was the product? It was an oboard vehicle load monitor that was accurate to within plus or minus 2 kilo's that also had many other capabilities, a few including load shift, doors open, engine run time, temperature control,  yawing and the technology within to follow the vehicle to which the unit was fitted, yes a tracker! So you are reading a post from the person responsible for the trackers that we have fitted nowadays.

Basically, the load monitor would pick up the additional weight as it happened, or the loss as something fell off for that matter, all the driver had to do was keep an eye on the screen that could be fitted in the radio aperture for example.

Another example of the British inventor making nothing from a good idea!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:12 on 24th September 2014

I think once the patent has expired John that's it. So unless it can be tweaked to make it different to the original then there's not much chance of getting another patent, but it doesn't mean that it couldn't be brought back to the workshop, given funding that is.

The fact is it could be used in so many applications, but who will grasp the nettles? Probably won't happen in my lifetime.

Ken Marshall
Ken Marshall
quotePosted at 03:22 on 27th September 2014

Since May, there have been lots of articles in online newspapers about hundreds of UK-bound illegal immigrants in Calais.These people came from Africa,the Middle East and Asia.

They try to reach reach England in the back of lorries and eight refugees have died this year attempting to cross the Channel.Those who reach the UK claim asylum which entitles them to generous benefits or disappear into the black economy.

In 2008 ,the Border and Immigration Agency searched over a million lorries and stopped 18,000 people crossing the Channel illegally and removed record numbers of illegal immigrants from the UK.

Edited by: Ken Marshall at:27th September 2014 03:51
 Please login to post to this thread...