Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Todmorden

Todmorden

in the county of West Yorkshire

The Royal Bath's. Harrogate

Harrogate

in the county of North Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "57"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:52 on 31st August 2014
Afternoon everyone, not been around much today. We've just bought a couple of new windscreen wipers for the car £32, then Halfords have the cheek to ask you at the checkout if you want to pay another £2.99 for them fitting. It was a 2 second job which we did ourselves.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 16:24 on 31st August 2014
  Hi all, on me bike today and guess what, I have bust a green box that has been sitting there empty all this time and only minutes from where I work- that is not a good record to have.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 16:55 on 31st August 2014
I always find that with Hafords --a while back my daughter bought a bike from them whilst on a visit up here -she was talked into buying a frame to transport the bike home which worked out expensive for the two of them.i think it came close to £285 for the two--then they had the cheek to ask for £25 for fitting the frame---to which she refused -told em to stuff the deal and bought the bike from Amazon.
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:10 on 31st August 2014
Seems it's quite an afternoon for bike stories. She did right James.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 22:21 on 31st August 2014

Afternoon everyone...well, been over talking to my neighbor...she's retiring from the hospital she hopes on Sept 30th.  She was telling me they were replacing their deck around their pool, got tthe new liner to install after that, but they have it. Got them an new small trailer so they can go places also.Wants to redo the grass in her yard, and put in an small sidwalk from the side of thier house also. Things she wants to do after the retirement. Another neighbor is water pressuring the moss off their driveway...the others are packing up for an vacation..at lease the neighborhood looks "lived in" with everyone busy and about. Hubby is trying to buy new tires for the car. He says we better not chance going anywhere to far until then. He was explaining how he eats even less then I do daily. He's on menformin also. He lost 35 pounds in past years, but has no weight problem now. They eat nothing that isn't fresh and hardly no meat. He has carbohydrate for breakfast...fresh veggies around 11 ..and an ounce of cheese at 2 pm, for protein and an salad for dinner and that's it pretty much..... they don't drink, they don' t smoke. I'm having problems breaking down my weight to the next 10 pound catagory lower..she says it's most likely the weather and water retention right now. Judy chimed in from Washington state...getting into their rental house in Cashmere...had no insurance in the wildfire up there coverage...but left us her new address....they still own the burnt ground thier other house was on, they have that next to decide as what route they will persue...more likley next Spring though. Sissy is still here, no idea if she finsihed her homework as yet...but she said she'd not mind us driving her to the campground where her parents are at today. Baseball.. Cardinals are even up with the Cubs...we watched Tom Hanks movie last night about the pirates off Somali..it was an true story...taking over an cargo  ship. Adventure..wasn't an bad movie as to the acting. Had to rent it, couldn' t find it on Netflex. Other then that the day is cloudy sunshine, but an welcome in ways. Starting in with weatherizing the house for autumn ..and such chores.Stuck an small scarecrow in my potted plants outside the front door as I walked past them...with that, I guess I go for now.( My hubby does dishes for me because he knew growing up with me what an lousy deal I got from my older sister at home, where by reguardless, I ususally got stuck with pretty much doing them myself every night...though we see to it we have an dishwasher, mostly because I use to cook for an lot of people here at this house also..I saved over $380 on it..and it was 14 dollars more then the lowest cost dishwasher at Home Depoe..I probably won't use it that much (if my diet is only fresh fruit and veggies primairly) 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 22:25 on 31st August 2014

My grandson the other day told me he was eating some Teradractyl

jerky...when he meant Terryaki flavored Jerky..I looked at him and

said... out killing the dinasours?  He started laughing.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:19 on 1st September 2014

Ah, kids eh Shirley!

Hi to all POEsters, have a good day...

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:59 on 1st September 2014
Good Morning to all --everyone ok ? safe journey RuthSmile
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
Posted at 13:38 on 1st September 2014
Afternoon all, it has been all go with work here in hte Rocky Mts. Hope this finds us all looking forward to the soon to be changing colours of the autumn season. Happy trails Ruth !
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:36 on 1st September 2014
Evening everyone, arrived safe, weather warm and sunny. Not a great journey, just how many sets of roadworks can they cram onto the M6 and the M5, it took us nearly an hour longer than normal to get here.