Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Cullercoats harbour. Tyne & Wear

Cullercoats

in the county of Tyne & Wear

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

UKIP are gaining ground, fast! II

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:06 on 21st August 2014

The account (and several more since) have been deleted for continued abuse Edward. Nobody was stopping him adding posts, or linking to stories and/or events, but it became personal and what he was posting was abusive and unnacceptable so he suffered the inevitable.

As for the word 'loonies' being used by a minority trying to discredit UKIP I say carry on, time will tell. All parties get hammered from time to time for various reasons and I suspect it will continue so I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

Please remember, POE is a social media website by way of its no abuse, no swearing policy unlike some and long may it remain that way! It hasn't been referred to as the best England website on the net bar none, without earning that reputation!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
Posted at 11:08 on 21st August 2014

I understand your reasons for banning this guy, Ron. The individual concerned has made personally abusive comments to me in the past too. I bear him no malice, but it is never acceptable to post personal insults in a forum.

My point was that if he were able to limit his posts to rational argument, then even though you might not be happy with the adverse publicity, he should be able to put up links to legitimate news sites.

Hopefully, people reading the forums are mature enough to make up their own minds. Let us wait with interest for his next alias to appear.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 12:06 on 21st August 2014
Agree totally Edward.
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 12:18 on 21st August 2014
On 21st August 2014 11:08, Edward Lever wrote

My point was that if he were able to limit his posts to rational argument, then even though you might not be happy with the adverse publicity, he should be able to put up links to legitimate news sites.

That's the problem Edward, he is incapable of limiting his posts to rational arguements. They always turn personal and nasty.
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
Posted at 19:38 on 22nd August 2014

There is a war in Iraq, There is a war in Syria There is a war in Gaza, The Yemen is brewing, There is unrest in Libya, the Ukraine is at war.

What does the EU come up with today, it's illegal to have a vacuum cleaner greater than 1600 watts.

Very shortly it will be illegal to break wind, wait for it you will have to put an application forward, but wait  for it, they will have to have a meeting to consider the application, but wait for it the reply will have to be on official headed EU paper.

Result you will have already exploded by the time you receive permission.

Nigel Farage  get the UK the hell out of this bureaucratic  nightmare

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
Posted at 20:06 on 22nd August 2014
Very true John
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:08 on 22nd August 2014

I was wondering where he's gone too John. 

I hear that story on the radio today Neil, I thought it was a joke at first, but no it seems the lunatics have taken over the asylum Frown 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:24 on 23rd August 2014

Television pictures him on holiday this morning and the newspaper headline that reads: Isis, what crisis?

I reckon that says it all.

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 13:24 on 24th August 2014
I don't suppose he was on holiday in Syria or Iraq - no thought not.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:34 on 24th August 2014

Sooner we get rid of him the better I say, but hopefully not to hand power to the other lot. What I want to see is UKIP take over, but I guess that's a pretty tall order this time around.

Hopefully the people will give UKIP's Nigel Farage the massive vote that he needs to get us out of the EU and make some changes including scrapping the HRA.