Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Seafront

Leigh-on-Sea

a Seaside Town in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The 'POE List' for Service Comments, Good or Bad!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:44 on 16th December 2014

Thanks Ruth.

It happens that 'Cheap Smells' is a Registered Trade Mark of http://www.allbeauty.com/ who I have used previously with no problem whatsoever, so looks like they will get the next order. I will also look at The Perfume Shop...

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 20:38 on 16th December 2014

Hannibal Lecter ate the rude, the way some people talk to you these days he'd have a field day.

I've just posted this is answer to the post you removed John, not to worry, I'm sure you'll know what I'm answering Laughing 

Edited by: rustyruth at:16th December 2014 20:40
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:35 on 17th December 2014

I reckon it's a 21st Century thing Ruth...most are rude and impatient to say the least.

Generally, all they want is to do is as little as possible, take the money and get home to swill down the alcohol, smoke something or other, create another £20 a week in child allowance and not bother with the housework, decoration, garden or yet pay the rent!

We have produced this generation, along with support from various governments who have given them everything in an attempt to keep themselves in power, but chances are they don't even vote!

Okay, off the soapbox, but grrrrrrrrrgh!  

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 12:29 on 17th December 2014
I think it's the way some of them have been brought up Ron too. Our 4 are all in there late 20's early 30's and are often disgusted by the rudeness and lack of respect show to other people by their own generation.
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 17:06 on 19th December 2014

I am pleased to report very good service from LED Lenser Torches (represented in the UK by LEDCO). The P7 torch which I bought about a year previously developed a faulty switch. I e-mailed the company with a description of the problem and they kindly sent me a replacement switch module free of charge by return.

It is refreshing to receive such good service from a large company. This is the standard which all companies should aspire to. 

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 17:17 on 19th December 2014
Nice to hear a good news story Rod. Well done LEDCO.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 12:32 on 20th December 2014
No problem John Smile
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 12:02 on 29th December 2014

Shame on Network Rail for ruining many peoples holiday travel plans and causing untold misery and discomfort to travellers including the frail, elderly, women and children. Shame on Robin Gisby, the man responsible for day-to-day maintenance of Network Rail, who will be stepping down in the New Year with an INCENTIVE BONUS of £371,000 on top of a pay-and-perks package of £1 million in FY 2013 - 2014. I doubt he will ever have to experience the appalling conditions which the public have to suffer.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 12:37 on 29th December 2014
Another example of rewarding failure Edward, it's all very wrong.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:29 on 30th December 2014
On 16th December 2014 12:14, Ron Brind wrote:

And yet another THUMBS DOWN, but this time for online trader 'Escentual' (I purposely haven't given the complete url so that they don't benefit from POE's traffic) who sell perfumes.

Anna specifically wanted a perfume called 'White Diamonds' so I searched the net and came up with the aforementioned. Not knowing any different, I ordered 30ml and it arrived within a couple of days, total cost just under £20.00

The very next day Anna walked in and said look what I've got....100ml White Diamonds from SUPERDRUG in the High Street, cost £20.00

I wrote to Escentual who haven't explained the reason that they are nearly three times dearer than the High Street!

However, in an earlier email response they offered, get this..... as a gesture of goodwill 158 so-called 'pretty penny points' which in fact had expired because I hadn't used the account during the last year, so next time I order something I can get £1.58 off of the price, providing that is I purchase within 12 months....wow, so generous!

Well as they still haven't responded with an explanation as to why they are nearly three times dearer, they had better make the most of my money, because I will not be using the site again.

Remember, it may not be cheaper online, as was the case here!

Ha, ha, ha can you believe it, they wrote asking me for a review and I gave them one! I started with "I doubt this review will be allowed to go live" and guess what they responded saying "Unfortunately your review did not meet our guidelines for posting on our site"

I didn't say anything that wasn't the truth, so I think what they really mean is we want to keep the reviews that we want to keep and not show the public what you actually said.

Either way, as mentioned above, they had better make the most of my money because they won't be getting any more orders from me.