Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

May 2009

Edinburgh

in the county of Midlothian

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Meditation and Relaxation

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 08:44 on 17th August 2014
Thank you to you Ron and this superb Pictures of England site it certainly gets the message out to the viewing public.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 23:59 on 17th August 2014

This article is to mark the fast approaching 50.000 page views of this thread

It's now been 7 days since the famous Actor/Comedian Robin Williams took his own life, it's hard to imagine what must have been going through his mind at that ultimate second when his mind could no longer cope with everyday life.

For the mind to be disturbed to such an extent that it no longer wishes to cope with the everyday tasks on this never ending treadmill that controls all of our lives, this should be a wakeup call to each and every one of us on his planet.

Okay people may say part of peoples troubles are self inflicted, we all live our lives in different ways, therefore no individual has the right to point a finger and say well if this or that had not been done it would never have happened, the simple fact is that unless you have lived their life then you have no idea what stresses are building up in the inner depths of that persons mind.

Show business, Sports, Competitions, Racing  are perfect examples of the highs and lows that are experienced during and after any performance, the highs take care of themselves because the body readily accepts the adrenalin rush that occurs naturally within the body, but the after effects can be very dangerous as the body craves for that very same feeling.

Before this situation is reached it is very important to train the body and mind to relax, once this has been mastered then it becomes a normal process for the mind and body to resist the syndrome of adrenalin starvation.

I relax under the following mediums

1. Classical music ( low volume )

2. Meditation  music ( can be guided if required )

3. Watching flowing water and listening to its sound.

4. View the stars and let the universal energy refresh the mind.

5. Wait for clouds to cross the sun or the moon at night.

There are several ways to relax the most important thing is to make sure you reserve time for yourself to relax, in that way you will have time to assist others in need. 

If you have a problem then share it with your best friend talking always helps and if you can smile and above all be able to laugh, then help is by your side.

Neil Rodgers

www.neishameditations.com 

Edited by: Neil Rodgers at:18th August 2014 00:10
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 19:38 on 19th August 2014

Very sound advice Neil, water always helps me relax, I can sit and watch the sea all day. Very mesmeric. 

I think I heard that Robin Williams had been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, early stages, but it might have been just enough to push someone with his troubled mind over the edge. Very sad. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:40 on 19th August 2014

Congratulations Neil and Trisha.

The thread has sailed past 50,000 views and heading for the next milestone, well done both!

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 22:46 on 19th August 2014
Thank you Ruth, John and Ron for looking in on this milestone of 50000 page views, it really has been a privilege to view some of the very kind comments that have been made during the last 12 months as the thread will have reached its anniversary on the 26th of this month.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:24 on 20th August 2014

Want to get ahead, get your company listed on Pictures Of England.com (POE). I wonder how long it will take to reach 100,000 views?

Advertising on POE hits the spot eh Neil?

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 13:51 on 20th August 2014

Very true Ron at this rate of viewing and if the interest in the thread remains boyant the 100000 mark should be reached in 7 months time.

Lets just hope it all works out. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:41 on 24th August 2014
A sure thing Neil or a maybe, but whatever the result in 7 month's  it's been a great success for you both thus far, well done.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 19:48 on 24th August 2014
I wonder if Shirley has seen this thread, might help her sort out a few of her health issues.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:51 on 24th August 2014
You can use the 'Contact' facility in your profile to speak with her Ruth. I assume you do know that?