Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Church of St Mary the Virgin at South Baddesley, Hampshire.

South Baddesley

in the county of Hampshire

Cliffs at the Needles on the IOW

Newport

in the county of Isle of Wight

This is the Saxon Church in the village of Cockley Cley, Norfolk

Cockley Cley

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Meditation and Relaxation

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49 Next >

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 14:51 on 25th August 2013

Ron has kindly given me a mention with regards to my involvement with Meditation and he has invited me to comment on my work

Back in the late eighties when Trisha my wife worked for the N.H.S. as the PA to the Head of Midwifery, the work was quite stressful and towards the end of her working week for the department, she would return home really stressed.

We discovered a Reiki clinic in Harrogate run by a Reiki Master Teacher who gave Reiki and relaxation therapy and after a few visits there was a marked improvement in Trisha’s health.

The Reiki clinic then approached Trisha to see if she wanted to be attuned in the art of Reiki to which she accepted and this is where it all started. Not long after, Trisha asked me if I would accompany her to one of the group meditation classes. My first thoughts were…. ” I don`t want to go and sit with group of people meditating”…… how wrong my thoughts were.

We both achieved the 3 stages of attunement; leading to becoming Reiki Masters and we are now involved with our own successful Meditation Circle Group here in Spain.

With regards to my attunement, I feel that I have discovered a lost art in the detection of ailments in the body whether it is in humans or animals through this meditation process. This has been achieved with deep meditation connected with Reiki. It is not a diagnostic capability but an ability to locate problem areas that may give rise for concern.

The requirement of actual touch is not necessary in order to experience the vibration and achieve results. I need only to pass my fingers over a person’s body at a distance of say 3 to 5 centimeters away from the skin to locate a problem area.  As with many various cases, my detection results have proved to be correct, when I have recommended someone to visit their GP or in the case of animals for a Veterinary practitioner to be consulted.

I believe we all have this capability. Our fingers are transmitters and receivers of vibrations which our brain can translate into a higher reasoning, so why a not an electrical impulse, as this is the only explanation I can offer.

I cannot explain as to why I should have this capability, but meditation has played a great part in this process and it is with this in mind I have produced my own voiceover meditation CD’s available for anyone to download.

Meditation can be achieved in many different ways but I find listening to relaxing music assists the body to lower itself into a meditative state which in turn can increase the alpha and theta brainwave activity and when practiced over a period of time on a regular basis can strengthen some parts of the brain.

Regular meditation assists the brain, the mood, will power, lungs and heart and in turn the theory is such that the immune system can also be enhanced.   

Shortly, I will release details of my first case via this thread and in turn answer any questions forum members wish to present for further information.

If your question is of a personal nature then please contact me personally via email. 

Neil Rodgers       

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:38 on 25th August 2013

An interesting first post Neil and I hope visitors and POE members will benefit from what you do, but a word of caution to those who might wish to discuss their personal health problems.

Unless you want the world to know, write to Neil privately rather than here in the forum, or via the safe POE 'Contact' member facility from your Profile.

By all means ask questions here and comment in the normal manner.

I think this could be a really interesting and helpful thread, well done Neil and Trisha.

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 15:43 on 25th August 2013
How very very interesting, i know of two young people who meditate for an hour every morning before they start work, they even go to India for meditation, the lad has told me how to meditate because I think it would be wonderfull to be able to do it but when I try my mind drifts off onto a hundred and one other things, so well done Neil and how does one download the CD ?
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 15:57 on 25th August 2013
Many thanks Ron this is only a small part of the work I have done it may seem to some that this is not possible, but in fact every word of what I state is true, not just a fantasy in someone's mind it has actually happened.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:01 on 25th August 2013
We wouldn't expect you to disclose anything of a personal nature Neil and I'm sure I didn't really need to say that, but have you got any examples of 'healing' that you can quote?
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 16:14 on 25th August 2013

Ok Peggy when you commence a meditation try first to visualize your most favorite place that you can remember it can be a River, Valley, Country lane, Lake, or Favorite Holiday destination.

Personally we both found it easier to listen to music with voice over at the beginning of learning to meditate.

You should sit or lie in a comfortable position to be able to commence the meditation and then try and visualize your favourite place. As you say your mind at the beginning will be all over the place but try and dismiss these thoughts and keep going back to your favourite vision.

This with practice will achieve the result that you wish.

One thing Peggy don't think that its only you who has this problem at the beginning ' most people do and working at it is the only solution.

Re the download question if you look at my profile the web site is there for everyone to see.

If you require advice on which one I would suggest for you at this stage in your meditation journey then please drop me a private email and the address is on my profile.

Good luck and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Neil

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 16:25 on 25th August 2013
On 25th August 2013 16:01, Ron Brind wrote:
We wouldn't expect you to disclose anything of a personal nature Neil and I'm sure I didn't really need to say that, but have you got any examples of 'healing' that you can quote?

Hi Ron no problem I will prepare this for tomorrow.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 17:02 on 25th August 2013

Very interesting Neil, I'm going to sownload the CD for our youngest son, he's a mental health nurse in charge of a very busy NHS hospital ward. He's always stressed, to the point where we get quite concerned. 

He needs to try something before he ends up ill himself, he was born worrying and I sometimes think his choice of career could have been better. 

Edited by: rustyruth at:25th August 2013 17:02
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 17:15 on 25th August 2013

Hi Ruth

Many thanks Ruth I know exactly what you are experiencing  the downloads are straight forward direct from the site that is listed under my profile let me know if you have any problems via private mail.

And I hope your son is OK 

Edited by: Neil Rodgers at:25th August 2013 17:48
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:49 on 25th August 2013

Perhaps you should put a link to your website here in the forum Neil as clearly there is interest from POE members.

If after seeing what you do they feel the need to contact you, it would be a direct link and maybe easier for them.

I would love to know if the members are able to benefit from this thread and/or what Neil does and hope the comments will continue, although I accept that it maybe a while yet as the thread was only started today.

So members, please do let us know if you have any success with Neils 'Meditation and Relaxation'.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49 Next >