Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Sheerness, on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent

Sheerness

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Poems by Jeannie

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Jeannie Fetters
Jeannie Fetters
quotePosted at 15:38 on 21st May 2009
You, Rick, are the first one to ever tell me this. I am very serious, tears are building up in my eyes. What a sweet thing to say. People at church would say they liked them, and clap as I 'd go to sit down. I still get nervous everytime I go to read one at church. I haven't read one in a while. I didn't think about it, the church I go to now, I forgot, doesn't know I write poems, won't they be shocked. I will always cherish. what you have just said to me, Rick, It is truely wonderful, that someone finally loves my poems. Forgive me for crying. Thank you Rick, and everyone else in Poe.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Jeannie Fetters
Jeannie Fetters
quotePosted at 16:02 on 21st May 2009
This next poem I wrote was in 7th grade. We had to write a poem, but different to
what we were used to. So oddly this poem does not rhyme, which was very hard for
me to do. She didn't give me a grade on it, she just said, "Very good." and went to
the next person. Hope it makes sense. The picture I based this poem on, was taken
out of a miniture calander. The pictures title, was "Cypress Gardens Charleston, S.
Carolina." Hmmm. (I statred to say close your eyes and imagine...) (If you close your eyes you can't read this huh? Duh.) Imagine, a small clear water creek, with cypress
trees, in the middle of the woods, with wildflowers , of pink, white, purple, & red all over the ground all the way up to the water. That is the best I know how to discribe it.

"God's Creation"
Flowers lining the banks of the water
Beautiful to look at
Peaceful to the eye
Silent to the heart
Moving to the mind.

Green trees standing tall
Reaching toward the sky
In the quietness of early morning
Birds chirping and singing
Flying about in the sky.

The sunlit sky
White as snow
Glowing on still water
Frogs croaking, crickets chirping
Bees buzzing in the beautiful flowers.

The wonderful smell of flowers,
Smell of nature, pure and clean
God's creation is so wonderful
And glorious, pure and satisfying
God's presence felt in the peacefullness
of his creation, and the beauty of his work.

By:Jeannie
Jeannie Fetters
Jeannie Fetters
quotePosted at 16:27 on 21st May 2009
I had forgot to date this one as I have forgot on others, so I am merely guessing at about the time I wrote this in my life. This poem is true. I will try not to cry as I type. In memory of my brother "Autry" (I so miss you.) passed away 6-22--24-85.He was
in a coma for 2 days, had he lived he would have been a "vegetable" meaning he would have had to learn everything in life over. He was a straight "A" student. And a smart-e-lick, and the class clown, that's my brother. He was hit by a drunk driver, I used to be very bitter at the man that killed him. Until, I was drunk once, and had no choice but to drive home, the one payphone in the whole town and it was broken, and it was 3 a.m. I passed out for about 3 -5 seconds, while driving, and almost crossed the yellow line. No one was on the road, but the thought immediately hit me, How dare I judge him.
For, I could have just killed someone, too. I have forgiven this man that killed my brother, for I realized it was in a way his fault, but as well, the alcohol's fault. Since that day, that night , that I passd out for those few seconds. I am proud to say, I have not, nor will I ever drive drunk again. I was 25 on that night. And I am, still ashamed of myself, for that night, But, God has forgiven me......Back to the poem:

In memory of Autry. 6-24-85

When my brother died
I was just 13
I really miss him alot
And he meant so much to me.

That reminds me of the time
When my cousin came to me
She walked in the door
And told me a story that I couldn't believe.

I have learned of this one thing
To be proud of what you've got
Because one of these days
You might just lose alot.

If I'll just keep my eyes on the Lord
And hold on to jis hand
I know that someday
I'll see my brother again.

By:Jeannie
Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 16:28 on 21st May 2009
Jeannie, first let me say as a fellow believer and follower of the Christ Jesus, bravo for your courage in speaking your faith out loud to a world which is largely hostile to our faith (I mean the whole world in general, not the world of POE).  Second, I want to know where you put the hidden cameras that have been watching me during one of my "typical" weeks?  LOL!  You've got my number.  Maybe this poem should be posted on the POE Fitness thread.  It is spot on!  Lastly, I love "God's Creation".  I feel exactly that way when I'm outside in a beautiful spot of nature or even in my own garden or waiting for my bus under a shady tree.  You've put into words what I could only feel.  Thank you.
Jeannie Fetters
Jeannie Fetters
quotePosted at 16:32 on 21st May 2009
"Autry's Gone, But Still Alive In Spirit"

Autry's gone
From the face of the earth
But he's up in Heaven
All becuase of a new birth.

I miss him........
With all my heart...
But if I can keep my eyes on the Lord
I know we'll never be apart.

Autry was my brother you see
And I can talk to him in my prayers
I know he listens
For I know he cares.

Autry's up in Heaven
I know he's happy as can be
If I can just stay close to Jesus
One day...my brother I will see.

Love: Jeannie Age:16
Jeannie Fetters
Jeannie Fetters
quotePosted at 16:45 on 21st May 2009
Thank you Barbara, I ios struely a joyous feeling, I can't help but cry. That finally
my poems are being appriciated. All of you may or may not realize just how
happy I feel. I can't find words to express. ...Thank you. If some of you cry while reading, remember I cried as I typed, and as I did when I first wrote them. So, remember, we are all crying together, for you are not alone. Barbara, you did make me laugh. It is funny how we know we need to eat, like maybe the banana, but we chose the delicious creme filled donut, instead. But, it is good to eat, but not good to see on the scales. Gald you as well are enjoying my/(God's) poems. In the above poem remember I was 16. Do you, or anyone else in Poe think that maybe we can talk to our loved ones in prayer? I had a lady that visits with me that is Jehovah witness. We merely discuss Jesus & Heaven. I am not converting, as she may be thinking this. I stand my ground on my own beliefs, Hopefully I won't lose her as a friend in the end. She said she didn't think we could we merely speak throught God. I believe God/& or Jesus. Any thought's ? Anyone? I welcome everyones opinion, even non believers.? Remember, let's all try to not argue, as we are friends, we are just discussing our opinion. And I welcome yours,too.
Jeannie Fetters
Jeannie Fetters
quotePosted at 16:50 on 21st May 2009
"Do You Still Love Me?"

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I want you to know
I still love you !

Their is a question I want
To ask you, you see
The question is....
Do you still love me?

I remember our special moments
That we both shared
How much we loved each other
And how much we cared.

Their is one more thing
I want to say
I love you so much
In a very special way.

Jeannie Age:16 Date: 10-16-88
Jeannie Fetters
Jeannie Fetters
quotePosted at 17:07 on 21st May 2009
I wrote this poem, and it was going to be entered in a contest. Unfortunely, our pastor at the church I grew up in, mistakenly forgot about me, as they were busy helping a youger girl, whom could really sing. They got so wrapped up in it all, they sadly for got about even entering my poem. The sad part is I could not ever enter it again, as I would soon turn 18 the next year, and I would not qualify. But, Praise the Lord, I can still share it with the world, Thank you Poe, for allowing me to.

"Talk To Jesus"
God sent His only Son, Jesus
To die on a cross
So we could be saved
And help lead the lost.

So we could be free
From this world of sin
But I ask you,
"Have you asked Him to come in?"

He's waiting to talk with you
He wants to be your friend
He waits patiently, He listens
Will you turn Him away again?

He sends you the rainbow
After a storm
He sends you the sun
To keep you warm.

He waits for you
But, you never come
He forgives you
For He is God's Son.

He loves you
Won't you invite Him in
Do you really want
To live in a world of sin?

Do you want to go to Hell?
And burn in a lake of fire?
And live with the Devil,
Who is, and has always been a liar?

Or, do you want to go to Heaven,
Where you can meet Jesus there?
Where there is love and happiness,
And beauty to be shared?

Won't you talk to Jesus
Before it is to late
For when we get to Heaven
He will meet you at the gate.

Jeannie Age: 17
Jeannie Fetters
Jeannie Fetters
quotePosted at 17:10 on 21st May 2009
Just a thought..... Is there more than one gate in Heaven? The kids and I sing a song I grew up singing as a child. I just thought about it, it says:".... or, you'll roll right passed those pearly gates." I just never thought about it 'til now. hmm? I think I will study and get back to you on this.

On the above post where I asked about talking to our loved ones through prayer. That is kind of how i was trying to ask. I always felt I could talk to Autry while I was praying to Jesus. Hmm .... I would say it like his: ( I am not mocking anything, of God or my prayers in anyway) (merely an example) Jesus, If Autry's listening, if its possible, tell him I love him, and miss him. Jesus, thank you for letting me talk to him. Amen. That is kind of like what I meant. Of course I would say more than this, but that is personal, and that si between God/Jesus and I. I welcome again everyones. comments.

Edited by: Jeannie Fetters at:21st May 2009 17:21
Jeannie Fetters
Jeannie Fetters
quotePosted at 17:30 on 21st May 2009
I will let everyone catch up on our thoughts, and on any comments you wish to post. I am going to be outside mowing my yard, (the rat, huh Ron,) I think this is what you were refering to. to fill everyone in. I was mowing, and scaring me some, a small rat went runing across my yard, from a small wood pile. Quite startling, as it was to me. Grass is getting mowed. Oddlly, I don't like rats, mice, large crickets, large grasshoppers, spiders of any kind, bees & most bugs in general, at least on me, or flying by me, or crawling near me real close. I can tolerate flies to an extent. I think snakes are beautiful, but not near me. I love worms, for fishing, butterflies, birds, and other things, but not bugs. You got me though???? Be back in here about 3 hours from now. Going to mow my yard. that might be a start of a new poem, me and bugs???Hmm just a thought.??? And even more strange, I don't like bugs and I'm from the country, and raised on a country farm, and I don't like bugs. City life is fine to some, but I like my flowers, open woods, seeing trees, listening to crickets and frogs, Anyway, see ya later. Jeannie

Edited by: Jeannie Fetters at:21st May 2009 17:34