Kenilworth

in the county of Warwickshire

Claythorpe Mill  Lincolnshire

Claythorpe

in the county of Lincolnshire

Walford church, Herefordshire

Walford

in the county of Herefordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

New Articles by Sally Birch

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 11:58 on 31st March 2009

Thanks Sally! We really enjoyed both your article and your introduction. Thanks for submitting them.

My introduction by Sally Birch

A Visit to Avoncroft Museum of Historic Buildings by Sally Birch

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 13:10 on 31st March 2009

Sally, I enjoyed reading about your visit to Avoncroft Museum...I love touring historic buildings and we have a fair share of them here in the Boston area.

I look forward to articles on your future travels. Smile

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 04:16 on 1st April 2009
Hi Sally: You asked if your contribution of articles would be a worthwhile contribution to the site, and I say "Yes, absolutely."  I must admit to being quite envious of your itinerary for upcoming travel.   Your articles and beautiful photos are most appreciated.  As a foreigner and one who will most likely only see England thru tourist eyes, I would much rather look at the pics here than some stuffy, glossy travel brochure. The thing I love about POE is to be able to see pictures taken by all you who live there and have an appreciation for the beauty of the British Isles.  I've learned so much from POE and have spent many an enjoyable hour here.  Looking forward to more of your pictures and travelogues.  Please keep 'em coming!
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 06:58 on 1st April 2009
Sally they are great articles - I like the way you put some amusing bits in which always keeps my interest! I don't live far from the garden centre you mentioned or Avoncroft. It is one of the best garden centres around - did you see the thatched cottage - when I was little that was the main part of the garden centre and I used to play outside on the lawn while my parents did the "boring buying plants bit" !! I have grown up going to Avoncroft too - I even did my final project there at art school - the staff let myself and my friend go there every day for a whole week to draw and photograph the post mill. They let us photograph inside it too. My friend did a painting of it and I did a technical drawing of it's structure! Every Christmas I take my boys to the Victorian Christmas celebrations there and they see Santa in the caravan!
Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 19:47 on 16th April 2009
Thanks for your kind comments. I have just returned from two weeks in N Yorkshire and although the weather wasn't wonderful for photography I've had an interesting time which I will try to write about as soon as I get a minute or two to spare.
Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 19:52 on 16th April 2009
Hi Sally great articles!! i love reading about trips as much as  I do looking at pictures,,Thanks for sharing;-)))
 Please login to post to this thread...