Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Market Cross, Chichester. Built in 1501

Chichester

in the county of West Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Ever seen a Ghost ?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Harry E Wheeler
Harry E Wheeler
quotePosted at 14:50 on 20th September 2008

This url will take you to The Ram's Head

http://www.manchester2002-uk.com/cheshire-towns3.html

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 19:19 on 20th September 2008
Our local paper this week ran a story on an historic house near us going back several centuries. Now an office building, several cleaners and then executives working there at night have seen the ghost of a lady in very old dress and cap with a little boy with her. Occasionally, things have also been seen to move in the house quite unexpectedly.
Rob Faleer
Rob Faleer
quotePosted at 01:36 on 12th October 2008
In 1976 my wife, my brother and I stayed a couple of nights at Craik Farm near Hawick in Scotland. The farmhouse dates from the 16th c. and just outside of our bedroom door there was a cold spot--an unmoving shaft of ice-cold air that gave us the chills when we passed through it. Cold spots are said to form where a person has been murdered. That shaft of cold air was always there outside of our door and we actively avoided it during our stay at the farm. The morning after we arrived, our landlady asked if we had found the cold spot--she chuckled when we told her that we had!

quote | editPosted at 13:05 on 12th October 2008

I have seen and heard things over the years, some can probably be explained but others are more difficult to find logical explanations for. I have had a few odd experiences when I have been with residents at the home as they pass away or just after, also one of the churches in Norfolk that I go to regularly to photograph has a really strange feeling, my camera batteries die instantly, I have seen shadows through the corner of my eye and all sorts of unusual things and feeling, I don’t go there often now lol

I do believe in life after death and love the idea that at times spirits walk amongst us, However, one thing that does haunt me that I didn’t like at all, My eldest son works as a security guard on permanent night shift, the building he works at although now offices used to be the old lunatic asylum and apparently before that the land was a gypsy burial ground, not sure how true that is though as I can’t find any records, anyway, he often tells me of things that he sees and hears while at work, one evening he saw somebody on the security monitor, he knew the building was empty, he went to the room in question and there he saw a man stood in the middle of the room, at this point he started to record everything on his mobile phone, if he hadn’t and I hadn’t seen the footage with my own eyes I would not of believed him. The man stood there for a few seconds then flames started to appear from either side of him, it was like they was coming out of the walls and shooting across the room, I would of run but my son kept recording, the flames started burning there way across the floor to the chap and engulfed him, then him and the flames where gone, it was like it never happened, everything was as it was before. I must of watched this footage half a dozen times and I still can’t quite believe what I’m seeing, even talking about it sends me cold, it really was awful and I have had night mares over it, I tried to do some research into the place but didn’t come up with much, there was a fire at the asylum though, but can‘t find any details of casualties.

My son never saw him after that although he still continued to have the feeling he was being followed and lights switching on and off and the elevator moving up the floors when no one is in the building let alone the elevator. last night he rang me from work to tell me that he had checked a room (the same room he saw the man burning) and all was fine, he locked the room and left, on his next check someone or something had written on the board, he said the board was clean when he last checked and he was the only one with a key, the writing was, in his opinion, olden day style and the words made no sense, “MOE WYRELAS INN WHORE RISE AN” Emma and I where discussing this for ages last night trying to work out what it means, the name of the building is called Horizon so we decided that maybe the whorerisean means horizon. The really strange thing is there was only one pen in the room and it was dried out and not able to write. I believe that this poor soul is trying to tell my son something that is important to him, maybe he can’t rest until he has said what he needs to. Until all this my son didn’t believe in ghost but he has certainly changed his opinion now.

Emma Utting
Emma Utting
quotePosted at 18:00 on 12th October 2008

hello Lyn B that is sooo spooky and still trying to work out what it means:)

As Lyn B knows I have weird dreams and  I see things which may or may not be supernatural/ghosts that cannot be explained...but I totally believe there is something on the other side...

As for your son Lyn, I am so gutted I did not see the video that he filmed of the man, I wish I hadCool

he was obviously chosen for a reason!

Some residents at  see their family or loved ones that have passed, when they are close to death and it seems a great comfort to them. I remember a lady who saw a man in her bedroom standing in the corner. Also a new resident saw, which I believe was the lady who passed away a few weeks before, in his bedroom and the lady told him to get out of her bedroom. I was on a night once and a lady rang her bell to say there was a man sitting on her chair staring at her and he was standing behind me, I got all goosebumps...It is a spooky place to work. A poorly lady told me a dog was in her bedroom, and nothing was there.

Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 18:10 on 12th October 2008

Hello Lyn B!!!

ello Emma !!!

Lyn B.....That has got to be the scariest thing ever! How your son could keep recording is beyond me,wow......... 

Emma,,,your scaring me as well!!!
Emma Utting
Emma Utting
quotePosted at 18:15 on 12th October 2008
I know I couldnt have recorded it, I would have ran away screamingTongue out
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 18:19 on 12th October 2008
i would have passed you!!!! but been back to get you!!!lol

quote | editPosted at 19:17 on 12th October 2008

Hi Rick, you are such a hero going back for our little Emma LOL

To be honest, I would of run too, I talk big to my son saying things like, “try to communicate with him“, “he won’t harm you” but if it was me communicating with him would be the last thing on my mind, I would be gone leaving you both behind and as for recording it, well, I couldn‘t do it.

Emma, homes are always spooky places, we had a lady who every night after I settled her in her bed would constantly ring her bell, when I went in to see what she wanted she would complain that she could hear music, she told me it was the tune unchained melody and that she used to dance with her husband to that song right up until his death. I could never hear it and thought maybe it was a car radio outside or that she was just imagining it. A week or so later I was on night duty when the lady passed away, quite unexpectedly as she hadn’t been ill, one minute I was tucking her up in bed and the next she had gone, it was at this point I heard the music and it was unchained melody, the duty manager heard it as well so I knew it wasn’t just me going mad, it wasn’t scary though, it was a nice feeling, it only lasted a few seconds, I like to think she was dancing with her beloved husband.

Emma Utting
Emma Utting
quotePosted at 19:28 on 12th October 2008

thank you Rick that means alot hahaha...

I bet it is a nice feeling knowing you wont be alone..

Even most haunted is scary aint it Lyn BTongue out your dog pip can sense things cant she?