Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Southsea, Hampshire

Southsea

in the county of Hampshire

Farnborough Hall 15 June 2011

Farnborough

in the county of Warwickshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Ever seen a Ghost ?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

quote | editPosted at 00:13 on 7th August 2008

It is lovely to see you, Sarah!Smile 

I never saw the ending coming in 'The Others' either. It's one of my favourite films.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 01:12 on 7th August 2008
Hi from me Sarah ( one of my favourite girl's names) and I agree with the others, you look much more beautiful than a gingerbread.Cool
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 08:29 on 7th August 2008
Sarah - my Mom made a beautiful scrapbook for my 40th - in it she put pictures, observations, letters and her recollections of my life from birth to 21 years old all decorated with lovely pages and artwork. It took her 3 months to do! This is a picture from the book with the recollection written by the side. My favourite uncle took the photo and bought me the squirrel - I can't remember it - my memory is poor so all these things help!!
SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 13:52 on 7th August 2008

Thanks Sue G, I fancied a change from my monkey & gingerbread avatars lol

Hi Wolf and thanks, although you have to admit, the gingerbread was kind of cute Wink

Stephanie, what a lovely gift and great keepsake. Smile
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 14:09 on 7th August 2008
On 7th August 2008 13:52, Sarah wrote:

you have to admit, the gingerbread was kind of cute Wink

Yes Sarah but she was so sad! LOL!Cry  I much prefer your smiling face.Smile
Janice Trojanowski
Janice Trojanowski
quotePosted at 23:08 on 23rd August 2008

I believe in ghosts and have felt a "prescence" before although never really seen anything consciously. I think that we ~our souls stay around for a while, just imho~that our energies are drawn to loved ones who have passed. I had a psychic once decribe my deceased Godfather and Uncle to the letter. She knew what he died of and that he was very close to me. She said he was my spirit guide??? She also said both my Mum and Dad were there telling her for me to get on with life and enjoy. It felt very real at the time. 

Are any of you familiar with Lisa Williams? She is a psychic/medium and although she is English (Her great gran was psychic to Queen Victoria) she has a program over here in the states on the lifetime network. My daughter and I are going to see her live on 13th of September and I'm very excited!

Harry E Wheeler
Harry E Wheeler
quotePosted at 13:29 on 19th September 2008
On 29th July 2008 22:43, Richard Sellers wrote:
On 27th July 2008 11:35, Harry E Wheeler wrote:
That should read Long LeGG-ed beasties...trying to watch 60 minutes as well as typing...!

Waiting for yor story Harry!!!!

Hope you are well..

OOPS! Sorry about the wait, Richard. Now that the jet lag has cleared I'll get down to some serious stuff!  Will narrate my experience re - the Ram's Head ASAP.   I'm feeling pretty (ugly, actually) good right now.Wink
Yes, I feel pretty good at p

Harry E Wheeler
Harry E Wheeler
quotePosted at 13:32 on 19th September 2008
Judging by the format of my previous, looks like a need a few more days rest!Embarassed
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 15:23 on 19th September 2008
Hi Harry. Its probably gremlins in the works. Lol
Harry E Wheeler
Harry E Wheeler
quotePosted at 08:12 on 20th September 2008

Here is my true yarn, Peter:

I was on duty-call many years ago, when working as assistant manager of the Ram’s Head Hotel in Disley, Cheshire, UK.  It was on this day, the duty of the Commis waiter, John, was to serve morning teas to guests in their rooms.A window, always unlocked, and behind the hotel, was to enable access for the milkman to leave the daily milk order inside.  So much for security 40 odd years ago!  The window gave access to John on the morning in question. I had keys to the front entrance.  One or two orange electric table lamps remained left on overnight for security (?)Dawn was scarcely breaking when I arrived on a cold morning. I unlocked the front door and made my way towards the switch to the foyer.  To my left was the dining room and immediately beyond that were the stairs to the guestrooms and the Managers quarters on the first floor.As I was walking across the foyer floor I sensed someone’s presence.  I also heard a whimpering.  It was coming from the stairs.  I thought it was too early for John to be taking teas upstairs to the guests, and slowly stepped toward the staircase.  Now, the stairs went twelve or so straight up, then, turned to the right where they continued upwards to the first floor level.I began slowly going up the stairs, and on approaching the bend, I found John, huddled in the corner, head down, sobbing and shivering, with his arm wrapped around his knees. I leaned towards him and touched him on the shoulder, asking him what was wrong.  He immediately shrunk further back into the corner, giving off a heavy shudder and sucking in breath…I pulled back in horror.  “What is it John?’ I said quietly.He pointed to the bottom of the stairs.“What…what is it”, I saidHe didn’t answer.  He continued sobbing. Finally, I took his shoulder and asked again.“Down there. The wine cupboard”, he said.The wine cupboard was the area below the staircase, and weekly stocks of wines were stored.  The door was shut.I went across the foyer and turned on all the lights.  On the floor, beneath the door, was what I thought to be blood seeping out.  I immediately rushed upstairs and woke the manager.  We went below, and saw it was not blood, but wine which was spilling out.We heaved a sigh of relief and unlocked the door.  Inside, were bottles of red and white wine, champagne, and spirits, some half empty, yet standing upright on the shelves and on the floor, their corks and caps removed.  Other bottles were smashed to pieces on the tiled floor.                No explanation for this was ever forthcoming.  However, there were many stories of a ghost being present in the hotel.  Our headwaiter had a room above the old stables, explained. One night, while reading in bed, he heard the drawers of a huge wardrobe, which stood on the landing outside his room, opened and slammed shut.  This was followed by his door handle turning several times.  He eventually got out of bed and quickly opened the door, but there was no one there. On another occasion, the new manager, his wife and two sons were drinking in the cocktail bar when they heard footsteps on the tiled floor of the foyer. There had been many occasions of “The Ghost”, and they were expecting another “visit”.  The three men followed the sounds of the footsteps to the back door. In a wall to the right was a hatch used for passing trays of food into a “Garden Room”. Both the back door and the hatch were firmly locked.  The sound of footsteps had stopped.The stories and events recounted finally became too much for the Manager’s wife and she went away to stay with her mother.  The family reunited and bought another hotel in Devon.