Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

John Constable's former studio at East Bergholt, Suffolk

East Bergholt

in the county of Suffolk

Ventnor Beach, Isle of Wight

Ventnor

in the county of Isle of Wight

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Another young life taken in our capital city. When will this madness end?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 08:01 on 26th May 2008
The news is again very depressing this morning. I can't believe what the country is coming to. When I was a lad in the 60s and 70s news like this would shock the country, it was so rare to have events like this happen. Nowadays it's more or less commonplace. I fear for the next generation.......how I wish it would all stop. Will we ever have a decent society again?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
L
L
quotePosted at 08:13 on 26th May 2008
I know what you mean Andy, I'm just glad that my lads have always been good, never got in trouble and they are not in their teens anymore! There's not enough deterant I think, its all too easy in this nanny state we have now to commit offences knowing that all they will get is a slap on the wrist, in the 60's if you got in trouble of any sort you were scared stiff of what your parents would say, now... no one seems to care. Its always blamed on something/someone else. I always think back to that dear little boy Jamie Bulger...he lost his oh so young life ...and what have those that murdered him so brutely got?.....a new life and a new identity...why did they get away with it!? His father says he will track them down till the day he dies, and I would do the same, so good luck to him!
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 08:31 on 26th May 2008
Murder used to be committed because of hatred or passion. Now it's done for fun almost. I just can't understand how anyone could do that.
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 12:05 on 26th May 2008

I think its time that the death penalty for murder gets reinstated. Or, as in America, a life sentence means life not 5 years. Crime and punishment, we have the crime, but where's the punishment? Todays morals are all wrong, theft of property and money is far more serious than the taking of a human life. Or, try hurting an animal and see what you get.

Sir, I had a bad childhood so am inocent of all crimes against my fellow man. I am therefore not responsible for my actions. Yeah, right!

Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 12:41 on 26th May 2008
It is horrible and all and I think even here in Cornwall its getting worse and it did not use to be that bad before.
L
L
quotePosted at 12:57 on 26th May 2008
It's everywhere Denzil, I blame Gordon Brown lol (where's Ron?)
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 13:01 on 26th May 2008
I haven't heard from him for a day or two.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 13:51 on 26th May 2008

Ron is preparing for my visit, I hear him nailing boards at the doors and windows as I type. Don't worry Ron, I will still get in. And yes everyone, I will report on what he's really like.

As for all of these terrible murders, it's heartbreaking. it's also sad that most of the time you can't even pronounce the name of the victims or perpetrators.

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 15:34 on 26th May 2008
I know what you mean Sue!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:10 on 26th May 2008

I'm here Andy and you're b....y right Sue H, I am s......g myself! I have removed the number from the gate (I am not joking either), taken up Judo again and am petrified of that imminent knock on the door! I have unplugged the telephone and warned the neighbours of a mad American that could be prowling the area over the next couple of weeks. As for reporting to everybody as to what Ron is 'really like' well, well, well......the butler won't let you in so na, na, nana, na! I do realise of course that calling you an American will go against the grain so to speak, but anything to keep you away really!

On a serious note and making the point that I absolutely understand and agree with you Sue, you say>>>As for all of these terrible murders, it's heartbreaking. it's also sad that most of the time you can't even pronounce the name of the victims or perpetrators!! Doesn't that just say it all? Yes Andy, it's very sad!