Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Spinners Garden, Boldre, Hampshire - General view from the house

Boldre

in the county of Hampshire

Pashley Manor Garden

Burwash

in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

When is C. S. Lewis' Prince Caspian from the Chronicles of Narnia to be released?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:13 on 2nd May 2008

Ron,

Has the Narnia Chronicles films spurred interest in your tours?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:32 on 2nd May 2008
That was the reason for me trying to find out when it would be released Diana, but in a word No!
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 20:23 on 19th May 2008
I saw the new Chronicles of Narnia over the weekend!  It was wonderful.  Has anyone else seen it yet?
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:34 on 19th May 2008
Do you mean Prince Caspian Diana?
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 13:23 on 20th May 2008

You're a bright guy...what do you think I meant Ron? LOL! Tongue out

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:26 on 20th May 2008
Not such a silly question Diana, because there are not many here in the UK that would know that 'Prince Caspian' was just 'one' of the seven Chronicles of Narnia! So na, na, nana, na!
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 17:11 on 20th May 2008

Yes, but Ron DEAR, there was only one that was due out in the theaters this month. Tongue out LOL!

Seriously though, have you seen it yet? I don't want to say too much because I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't yet seen it.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:57 on 20th May 2008
But DEAR Diana, that may well be known to you and I but the vast majority here in the UK would NOT have known that it was due to be released, either this month or next year and would care even less for that matter! Like I said, some here don't even know who C. S. Lewis was, so whatever we can do to promote his name has to be of benefit I think, and the fact that we are now discussing it in an open forum will presumably educate some at least. Why don't we have a little survey on the POE forum from current POE members. For example who can name the other titles in the series? C'mon members you have been thrown a challenge. Do not Google it either! 
L
L
quotePosted at 20:33 on 20th May 2008
Sorry Ron, I admit I dont know the answers, I've never read any of the books, I know who C.S. Lewis is but thats as far as it goes.
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 21:35 on 20th May 2008
On 20th May 2008 18:57, Ron Brind wrote:
But DEAR Diana, that may well be known to you and I but the vast majority here in the UK would NOT have known that it was due to be released, either this month or next year and would care even less for that matter! Like I said, some here don't even know who C. S. Lewis was, so whatever we can do to promote his name has to be of benefit I think, and the fact that we are now discussing it in an open forum will presumably educate some at least. Why don't we have a little survey on the POE forum from current POE members. For example who can name the other titles in the series? C'mon members you have been thrown a challenge. Do not Google it either! 

I am surprised Ron; people were anticipating the release of the movie ; "A prophet has no honor in his own country." is true.Frown